Room for Rent and other rental scams
#272429 by Michelle Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:58 am
Arun Sharma <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

This is a 1 bedroom apartment

Address: 6551 Collins Avenue #5B, Miami Beach, FL 33141

Price for the rent is $1,200 per month and You are to make advance payment of 1 month rental fee is required plus a damage fee of $500 which enable you reserve and secure the apartment for your choosing date.

The advance payment is required before arrival. Note: Damage fee will be refunded back to you. The damage fee is not applied toward rental fee however it is fully refundable on the day of your departure, provided all the amenities in the unit are met.

Amenities includes: Central air conditioning, Wifi. internet access, Parking on the street, taxes bills, car park bills, cleaning bills has all been taken care off, high quality towels, linens and dishes, flat
screen TV with cable and DVD player, fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, Refrigerator, microwave, Ice Maker. Pet Allowed.

3 MONTH RENT= $3600

SECURITY DEPOSIT FEE = $500

TOTAL AMOUNT = $4100

TOTAL DEPOSIT = $1,700

BALANCE = TO BE PAID EVERY MONTH

MOVING IN DATE = NOVEMBER 1, 2015.

MOVING OUT DATE = JANUARY 31, 2016.

PAYMENT METHOD = BANK TRANSFER

What required you to hold the apartment is to make the payment and the Security damage fee of $500. which will be refunded back to you on the day you are moving out.

Kindly get back to me if you are interested so I can send you the Rental Booking Contract Form to fill for Booking.

Regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#272431 by Michelle Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:24 am

AGREEMENT AND BOOKING FORM

BOOKING RENTAL AGREEMENT & INFORMATION SHEET
PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN WITH PAYMENT
Email Address: [email protected]
Call or text on 305 985-2804 or 850 400-4524
Fax no: 206-208-0044

This Condo project strictly adheres to a policy of open occupancy, renting to qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, sex, or physical or mental handicap.

*Please answer all questions completely and legibly. Failure to do so may cause delays in processing your application.

MODE OF PAYMENT: Bank Transfer … I hereby authorized you to wire transfer the deposit to the owner of the apartment, immediately I confirm the payment via bank deposit I will forward you the confirmation of booking along with the receipt.

Bank name : WELLS FARGO
ACCOUNT NAME. ARYN K BOWMAN
Bank address: 1797 Tamiami Trail. Port Charlotte FL 33948
ACCOUNT NUMBER…8496405054
ROUTING NUMBER.. 063107513
Bank phone number: 941 766 6040

#276198 by erinlayne Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:55 pm
Thank you for posting this. I found your warning after Googling the scammer's e-mail. My boyfriend and I are trying to book a vacation rental in the all-too popular SoBe Miami area for NYE, and we got the following response. Too many red flags. The bank account should be reported to Wells Fargo somehow...

"From: Arun Sharma <[email protected]>
Date: November 24, 2015 at 17:16:47 PST
To: ---
Subject: Re: OCEAN DRIVE QUIET CLEAN 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT CHECK IT OUT

Hello

PRICE QUOTATION
Thank you for contacting my ads posted on Craigslist,the apartment is available for the chosen dates ( December 30 to January 2 )

3 NIGHT RENT FEE = $360

DAMAGE DEPOSIT FEE ( REFUNDABLE ) = $200

TOTAL AMOUNT = $560

Note: We are going to refund your $200 damage deposit on your check out date if you dont damage any item inside the apartment.

APARTMENT LOCATION AND AMENITIES
Building Features:- It is located at: 1455 Ocean Drive #1107, Miami Beach FL 33139 , CD Player & DVD Player, Iron & ironing board, Kitchen, Laundry Facilities, Microwave, pots, coffee maker,cookware, split Samsung air conditioner, heater, Shower, Telephone,Television, wifi, Pets permitted, Parking garage, High speed internet ,Laundry service available.

PARKING SPACE: We have only two free parking space for cars only.

RESERVATION PROCEDURES
To reserve your dates, you have to make payment via Money gram, Let me know if you are ready to proceed with the payment, So i can send you the rental agreement and reservation form and you are to fill all field and sign, then scan and attach it to your mail and send it back to me with the payment receipt/confirmation.
You will meet me on your arrival so i can give you the keys to the unit and show you around.Once i hear from you i will forward you the agreement and booking form.
Let me know if you are okay with the terms,so i can forward you the contract form to fill, this will allow me to commences on the booking,hope to hear from you soon.

Regards"
#276203 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:24 pm
Hello erinlayne ,
I am glad that you found us an posted the information. Send me the email with the bank account information and it will get reported to the appropriate authorities. You can paste the information into a PM to me.

If you have any other questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon