Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#271264 by Blanky82 Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:36 am
Hi there,

I just got this email today and I cat really figure out what kind of scam this is? Its very different from the usual scams ive come across as the English is really good and it seems a very long detailed one.

Anyone else got something similar?

From: Business Data / Acute Myeloid Leukaemia [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:16 PM
To: JSA London(office)
Subject: Suspicious - SPAM: Business Data / Acute Myeloid Leukaemia

Hi there,
My husband aged 44 was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia on 24th June this year. He has the FLT3 mutation which makes his leukaemia very aggressive and likely to relapse. He’s undergone two cycles of chemotherapy which put the bone marrow in remission. However the cancer had spread to his lymph nodes and this was being a little more stubborn. The only cure is a bone marrow transplant for which his brother is a perfect match. He was admitted for the transplant in early September before which he was going to have a final stronger chemotherapy cycle to rid the cancer from his lymph nodes. On Friday 11th September the chemo was suddenly stopped during the second bag and we were told that they had found other primary cancer cells in one of his lymph nodes. In short, my husband has two primary and totally separate cancers at the same time. One is a high risk form for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and the second is unknown. They know that there is a second cancer as the cells are in his lymph nodes but they can’t find the primary site. They don’t know where it is coming from. All they know so far is that it is a surface cancer so skin, gut, stomach, mouth etc.
So they can’t go ahead with the transplant as the process involves completely eradicating the immune system and replacing it with the donor’s immune system. Therefore there is a period of a few weeks when there is no immune system at all. During this time the second primary cancer would be free to spread with nothing to stop it. The result of which is certain death. If the second cancer can be found and treated in some way he can go ahead with a transplant with a survival rate of between 20% and 25%. In the meantime the Leukaemia could relapse at any time in his bone marrow and if it does we have been told that it’s likely to be more aggressive and difficult to stop.
We are at the hospital usually four out of five days for endless scans, biopsy’s, bloods etc whilst they are trying to find the second primary cancer and keep a check on the status of the Leukaemia. The doctors are doing their very best and have been fantastic.
As much as we have that good old Yorkshire grit, this is a living nightmare. We have two children and a life which is now just an existence. However people go through things like this and probably even worse things everyday so I do tell myself to get a grip at times.
Anyway, don’t worry I’m not asking for a donation.
My husband clearly has had to stop work and I can’t work due to the fact that I take him to the hospital most days and when we aren’t there I’m so mentally shot that I really can’t concentrate. We have lived off savings since the end of June but unfortunately we should have saved more than we did….. hindsight and all that.
Prior to this I worked part time supplying marketing data to businesses throughout the UK. Obviously I still have the data so I thought rather than using cancer funding I would try and continue to earn but in a different way. Therefore allowing me time to care for my husband, support him and the children and hopefully be able to stay in the same home etc.
I have the following marketing databases available:
Big Business File – 645,000 UK Businesses
CEO Contact File
Academia Contacts File
Corporate Companies 50+ Employees
Directors Contact File
Facilities Contacts File
Finance Contacts File
Fleet Contacts File
HR Contacts File
I.T Contacts File
Legal Contact File
Management Contacts File
Managing Director Contact File
Marketing Contacts File
Purchasing Decision Makers
Training Contacts File
UK Estate Agent File
Residential Landlords File
All my databases include email addresses along with other full data fields. Full descriptions and volumes are on the website. They were updated and cleansed monthly. The last time this was done was June so I would expect no more than a 3% - 5% inaccuracy.
The price I normally charge is also on the website. However you don’t have to pay these prices for the data. I own the data and therefore any price you pay is a great help to us at the moment.
I have added a new tab at the top of the home page called ‘AML Fund’. Click on this tab. You can choose just one database or as many as you wish and just pay the one price you choose for them all. There are six price options listed. Pick the price you wish to pay and then list the databases you wish to order for that price.
Website address: http://www.toucandata.co.uk
I’m not asking for you to purchase data if you can’t use it to generate new business. I only want you to consider this if the data would be of use to you. In which case you receive data that will develop you revenue and we receive funds which will greatly help us financially at this difficult time.
Apologies for the very long email but I’m a natural waffler and I wanted to fully explain in a way which hopefully makes some kind of sense. I’ve tried my best to keep it as short as possible.
Thank you for your support
Sallyann
Toucan Data
Tel: (01332) 806896 – Please leave a message and I will call you back.
Unsubscribe by email
:o
Advertisement

#271266 by Tim Atem Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:54 am
I can't say that this is a scam. But what they are selling are mailing lists. Whether or not they are accurate lists or whether or not they were reaped from legit sources, I don't know. But if they have to spam in order to generate their own leads, I myself would stay away from that - and also the fact that they are sharing so much information about their personal life to tug at heart strings. Professionals just don't do that.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#271269 by AlanJones Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:29 am
It's a scam. The scammer is using various different domains and any data that is provided will either be fake or illegitimately obtained. And, as Tim says, no legitimate professional business person would give such a lengthy sob story. It's just an attempt at emotional blackmail.

At best you will receive the mailing list and end up being reported as a spammer, at worst you will end up with fake data or nothing at all.

toucandata.co.uk was anonymously registered in June.

toucan-aml.com was registered on 12 October by a "Sallyann Whitaker" using the email address [email protected].

toucaninc-uk.com was registered in 2012 by a Sally Gaskell using the email address [email protected].

inaboxbusiness.com was registered in 2012 again by Sally Gaskell using the email address [email protected].

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#271287 by HannahsDad Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am
Yes, a seach for registrant Sally Gaskell turns up a spamming history even without the sob story.
See
http://blog.dynamoo.com/2013/07/yelldat ... -spam.html
and
http://blog.dynamoo.com/2014/04/freshma ... sally.html

and this is interesting - where the data came from
http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2013 ... ringement/

#271305 by AlanJones Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:39 pm
Their website makes interesting reading and one single page indicates that they are confused about their identity. Are they "TOUCAN DATA", "BEECHWOD MARKETING" or "GET FAT MAREKTING" perhaps (typos as per the website :D). The confusion possibly explains why they break EU eCommerce regulations and don't clearly state who owns and operates the site.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#271306 by AlanJones Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:46 pm
The address that they give is also only partial and most likely fake.
Address: Friar Gate, Derby, DE1 1DF
Call Us: (01332) 806896

#271371 by Blanky82 Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:28 am
Thanks for clearing it up :D I fund it especially heartless talking about lymphoma cancer (which i very much doubt as so many scammers/spammers lie about stuff like that) as my mother has the same. its been a great worry to all of us but likely it seems to be under control now. I hav a good mind to yell at the spammer about how heartless they are. :bondage:
#271373 by Blanky82 Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:33 am
Question: tis been a while since i posted here (i only yesterday came back) so ive forgotten a few thigns, like where do i post up scammer's names and email addresses on the forum? Just received another email especially talking about their clients dying of cancer. I find these extremely cruel and heartless. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If somebody could please guide me to the right place, id be very grateful. :D
#271377 by Dotti Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:18 am
Just go to the appropriate sub-forum and click "new topic" to start thread on a different scam.

Generally, scams involving cancer and inheritances or "dying widows" will belong in the Advance Fee Fraud forum.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#271523 by Robs Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:46 am
Blanky82 wrote:Hi there,
From: Business Data / Acute Myeloid Leukaemia [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:16 PM
To: JSA London(office)
Subject: Suspicious - SPAM: Business Data / Acute Myeloid Leukaemia

"Sally-Ann" is in fact Sally Gaskell, or possibly Darren Gaskell. Known scumbags of the highest order so definitely a scam.

The clues are all completely obvious "Toucan Data", no actual company name or details on website as required by law. Contact details all false. No DP registration (of course not). Anyone who spams you with an offer to sell you a "legitimate" contact list is always just a spammer selling their own dodgy scraped e-mail address list. The sob story about cancer is however a plunge to new depths.

What I don't get is why the ICO and police forces don't take action against these folks. Darren and Sally's identity, last known addresses, DOB etc is really easy to find, they have even been involved in court cases about theft of data in the past so surely the authorities should be able to find and take out these scum.

Mind you, if you dig around it looks like this latest scam e-mail may have been originated via a satellite internet connection so perhaps they are on the run (more likely they have run out of pocket money during their spam funded world cruise).

Having said that, it is dead easy to work out who is providing their connectivity, shopping carts, credit card services etc and many of these organisations have a UK presence. When I used to run a hosting company I had a team of detectives turn up at a data centre to attempt to seize our servers because one customer was (incorrectly as it turns out) alleged by a competitor to have stolen some of their ideas. I find it incomprehensible that the same can't be done to folks who openly provide services to lowest of the low scum involved in live scams like this.

The shopfront for the illegal toucandata.co.uk is provided by: Ekm Systems Ltd | Registered in England No: 477409, and there is a trail of evidence that the locus for the Gaskells (when they are not on their world cruise) is around Sheffield so maybe someone in South Yorkshire could take this up with the local constabulary.

Happy to share all the info that I have gleaned from the trails the folks leave behind online. DM me if anyone wants to pick this up.
#273456 by AUKDataExpert Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:55 pm
Episode 2..

Received this morning;

Sent: 01 November 2015 13:09
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Full Data Portfolio

Hi there,

Due to our current circumstances I’ve decided to close the data business and sell all my data as a complete portfolio for one fixed price. The databases I have which will be included are:

Big Business File – 645,000 UK Businesses
CEO Contact File – 5,791 records
Academia Contacts File – 297 records
Corporate Companies 50+ Employees – 40,000 records
Directors Contact File – 188,895 records
Facilities Contacts File – 378 records
Finance Contacts File – 20,085 records
Fleet Contacts File – 782 records
HR Contacts File – 12,596 records
IT Contacts File – 10,000 records
Legal Contact File – 1,060 records
Management Contacts File – 85,747 records
Managing Director Contact File – 153,096 records
Marketing Contacts File – 9,574 records
Purchasing Decision Makers – 2,338 records
Training Contacts File – 862 records
UK Estate Agent File – 20,000 records
Residential Landlords File – 80,000 records

Data not listed on website but included:

High Net Worth Individuals – 307,502 records
Pension Transfer Leads – approx. 200,000 records
Personal Debt Leads – 10,000 records
PPI Leads – 44,641 records
Re-mortgage Leads – 400,000 records
Business Mobile Contract Renewals – 9,278 records
UK Hotels – 13,516 records
Manufacturing Companies – 48,884 records

The fixed price for the complete portfolio of databases is £600.

I will be closing sales at the end of this week (Friday 6th November).

Your order is guaranteed for 30 days from your day of purchase. Therefore should you not be happy for any reason during this time then a full refund will be issued immediately upon request.

To proceed go to toucanmarketing.co.uk and click on the Full Portfolio tab at the top. Add the Full Portfolio to your cart and continue through the payment process. Bacs details can be found in the product description if you would prefer to pay by bank transfer.

All the data is supplied in excel format and is sent by download link to your email address immediately following your order.

Many thanks
Sallyann

Toucan Marketing
Tel: 01332 806896

-----------------------------

Its worth noting the new senders email address toucanmarketinguk.co.uk

Registrant:
Sallyann Whitaker

Registrant's address:
Friar Gate
Derby
Derby
Derbyshire
DE1 1DF
United Kingdom

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 15-Oct-2015
Expiry date: 15-Oct-2016
Last updated: 15-Oct-2015

So they are still at it!

Surrounded by controversy but trying to be the good guy. A UK consumer and business data expert.
#273459 by HillBilly Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:05 pm
hi, welcome, and thanks for posting this update, AUKDataExpert.

can you please post the complete headers that went along with the SPAM/SCAM email you received? ( removing your personal information first, of course ) :)

#273526 by Blanky82 Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:15 am
Hiya,

Its been a long time since I did that so I forgot how to get the headers. how do I find the headers with Outlook?