Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#269781 by Tim Atem Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:01 pm
Anyone offering to use "eBay Buyer Protection Program" outside of eBay is a scammer! There is an eBay Buyer protection but it is ONLY on eBay and IS NOT an escrow service, storage service, inspection service or delivery service. Anyone claiming that eBay Buyer protection is holding the car is a scammer!

Original ad on Craigslist:

Roof"*°•.¸2003 Nissan Altima?¸.•°*" - $1532

Oil and filter changes done on frequent basis. Car has a clean title and no accident history. Automatic Transmission, Leather, Satellite Radio, Moon Roof, Power Windows, Locks and Seats. (718) 765-5114

718-765-5114 - Brooklyn, NY VoIP - Enflick number that can be forwarded anywhere and can be used to text from anywhere

The text reply:

+17187655114: Please contact my mom Cindy,for more info about the 2003 Nissan Altima ,$1500 at [email protected] . Thank you and god bless ! 1:44 PM

The first email:

to:
date: Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 2:06 PM
subject: Re:
mailed-by: gmail.com

Hi, I have received your email regarding the 2003 Nissan Altima with only 82,000 miles. The car is in perfect condition with clear title, no accidents, no liens or loans and it has just been completely serviced. The engine runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. The price for the car is $1,500(including delivery and handling to your address).
I'm selling this car because my child of only 26 years died 2 months ago in a bike accident, the car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it.
Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Buyer Protection Program, so if you're interested in purchasing the car just reply me your full name, full address and phone number, so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 24 hours to explain the entire procedure.

God Bless you and your family!

Another email:

to:
date: Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 3:33 PM
subject: Re:
mailed-by: gmail.com

Hi,
The car is located at eBay warehouse in Lynnwood, WA,headquarters, in the container, sealed and ready for shipping.Also the price is low $1500 because i want a fast deal, the car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories.Like i told, the car is in perfect condition with clear title, no liens or loans. All the documents including the title and the bill of sale with my signature on it, will come along with the car and it will take no more than 2-3 days to arrive at your address.
The transaction will be made thru eBay's Buyer Protection Program because they can protect both of us and they also offer 10 days inspection period. You'll have 10 days to inspect, test and drive the car before decided to keep it or not. If the vehicle is not like I described, you'll ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund.eBay will hold the funds until you receive the car with all the papers work. Only after you confirm them that you wanna keep the car they will release me the funds. In this way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it.
If you want to start the transaction with eBay just reply me with your full name,full shipping address and your phone number,then eBay will contact you with further instructions.

Thank you.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
Advertisement