Room for Rent and other rental scams
#269547 by Michelle Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:00 am
<[email protected]> wrote

Hello
Thanks for contacting me back to hear more about my offer,i have a 1 beautiful bedroom apartment with storage for keeping some of your things Situated in a great location nearby good amenities and on walking distance to Many places you can think of. It approximately 38 m² with a patio. In the area you will find a lot of shopping, restaurant and so much more facilities needed.
The exact address is : ​​Falconer All 42, 2000 Frederiksberg
The rent cost 3500 kr(monthly) including all utilities, fridge-freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, electricity bill, internet charges Tv cable charges. The deposit of ​10.5​00 kr which will be refundable at the end of your stay in the house. I have also attached the picture of the apartment for you to see what the apartment look like.

Little about us,am Kristian working as an Event Planner while my wife is (Danish) Tine. The rent will be unlimited,we have both lived and work in Birkerød before acquiring this property, my wife and i have decided to rent the place to someone who will take good care of it not for making money but just to occupy the place while we are away and we are very good people, we won't disturb or stress you on the rent. So far you will always pay regularly every each month, that is why our rent is not really high. I await your prompt response.

Kristian

<[email protected]> έγραψε:

we are currently out of town makes the place available for rent,we have relocated to the UK due to our new job th but we can make use of an agency to handle the viewing, contract and the payment without any additional cost on you.you can talk to me on +448433780340, attach is the draft contract

<[email protected]> έγραψε:

we have already arranged with the agency and have also paid for their service since we are out of town and does not want the tenant to pay to us directly without seeing the place(which is against the Denmark regulation)so that why the online agency would have to come in to handle the payment and viewing of the place.here is their website https://www.transpact.com/transpactsecurity.aspx
we have faced alot of issues with interested people that want to rent the place concerning sending keys to them and they never sent the keys back to us while the left the doors open and go away since they are not ready to rent the place or telling us the rent is too much for them,my wife had to travel back to get the doors locked and bring back the keys.i hope you understand the situation,that was why we preferred the exchange to be done with an agency to avoid any further problem because we have many things to put together here,we do not have much time to come around for the view,so we'll both be at the safer side.

I will explain to you step by step how this will work:

1 - i have already registered with the service and have handed over the keys of the apartment to them for the exchange(you don't have to register with them again,they will contact you)
2 - you will have to get back to me with your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address and phone number to proceed with this deal(your full name and contact address where the keys will be delivered,along with your email address)
3 - (Transpact) will send to you a notification(through an email provided) to let you know what they have received and conditions attached
4 - (Transpact) will tell you to make the deposit payment to their account and pay the first month rent to me after you have seen the place and agreed to rent.(which makes the payment traceable).
5 - (Transpact) will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will deliver the apartment keys and the contract to you by DHL or UPS and you will be able to receive it in 2 days.
6 - After you receive the package, you will check the apartment and you must contact them and tell them if you will KEEP the apartment or NOT. If all is in order you will confirm to (Transpact) that you want to release the money to me and which after the contract can be signed, if you don`t like the apartment you will send back the apartment keys with the rental contract, and you will get back your payment in full.

You can check the agent website on trustpilot to know they are very reliable.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement