#267692 by Huntsman Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:24 pm
Order Inquiry

Hello, We extend our kind interest to make purchase on some items in your facility. Before we proceed kindly let us know the kinds of credit cards you accept and do you allow private pick-up by freight forwarders ? Get back to me at : [email protected] Hope to read from you so soon . Thanks, Scott Jacobs.

Received: from ns3284519.ip-87-98-219.eu (87.98.219.222)
with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.2.247.3; Sun, 6 Sep 2015 09:40:19 -0400
Received: by ns3284519.ip-87-98-219.eu (Postfix, from userid 33) id 82CA4495CC2; Sun, 6 Sep 2015 14:39:18 +0200 (CEST)
To: <snipped>
Subject: Order Inquiry
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 33:link.php
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Reply-To: Scott Jacobs <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <fae270c29c6191357b86912a61162489@>
X-Priority: 1
X-MSMail-Priority: High
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 14:39:18 +0200
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthSource: <snipped>
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Anonymous
X-GFI-SMTP-Submission: 1
X-GFI-SMTP-HelloDomain: ns3284519.ip-87-98-219.eu
X-GFI-SMTP-RemoteIP: 87.98.219.222
X-GFIME-MASPAM: SPAM

Hello,

Thanks for the mail and Below is my company information, We are looking to become one of your product member in my country and we are currently arranging to make payment with the use of our company credit card account details. I would like you to email me with more details on how you sell you product, such as stock list & availability or if you have a cataloque, brochure and price list where we can view your items and advise further.

Regards,
Scott Jacobs.
SHIPPING ADDRESS:
SCOTT VENTURES GmbH
S. Žukausko g. 19, LT-08234
Vilnius, Lithuania
Tel.: +370 37 217400
Advertisement

#269083 by vonpaso xlura Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Ziegler Logistics & Forwarding Services. On checking through our customer database, the address provided below belongs to one of our premium client whom we have made shipments to,however We do deliver to most business outlet worldwide. So getting your shipment to your client won't be a problem. For a shipment moving from your company with the Total weight and dimension you provide, below is the Express Shipment Air Freight quote.

Pick Up Address: <snip>

RECIPIENT
SCOTT VENTURES GmbH
S. Žukausko g. 19, LT-08234
Vilnius, Lithuania
Tel.: +370 37 217400

Customer ID #LT004223B3

Total weight: <snip>

Air Freight Cost
Express Shipment (2 to 3 days)........... <snip>

The freight costs includes:
Collection from your location
Customs clearance fee
Duties & taxes Inland transit to Lithuania Insured Door To Door
Delivery Including Tax fee

Pick up will be made by our agents after payment is confirmed.We will need you to provide us with an estimate pick up date and time so that we can schedule a date and time for you before the item/s are ready for picked up as we normally have numerous shipping request. As soon as we receive all necessary information from you we will proceed on the pick up at your location,Also we require payment via our Bank account for now prior to pick up and collection of package which is to be paid as soon as the order is ready for pick up. So you will have to send us the payments via bank wire transfer so that we can do the pick up and settle the necessary tax and custom duties,this price includes insurance and all there duties,then we will get back to you with the necessary details.We have greatly reduce the price of your shipment. For further information do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to providing you with the lowest prices and the best customer service possible Customer Service (Ziegler Logistics & Forwarding Services)

Thank you,
John Morgan.
Shipper In Charge

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#289369 by mpantz Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:53 pm
Wait - what is the scam? I actually just processed a credit card from the actual email. Do they wait for you to wire the shipping co money and then cancel the cc amount? F*CK. I already started production on these items. UGH.
#289371 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:58 pm
Did they provide you their own shipping company and made an over payment to you via credit card? Do they want you to wire money via Western Union or Moneygram to the shipping company?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#289372 by AlanJones Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:05 pm
Contact your card processor and alert them to the fact that the card you processed is compromised and being used by scammers.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#289373 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:10 pm
Please read this link about scammers using stolen credit cards to make fake purchases.

The scammer will then have you turn them into cash. He will provide a fake shipper/mover which is him and have you wire money via Moneygram or Western Union back to him.

Eventually the real credit card holder will complain and the charges will be reversed. You will be out your own money.

Please read >> viewtopic.php?f=43&t=23020

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#289374 by mpantz Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:23 pm
Thank you for this, I literally was about to transfer the money to the logistics co (which is totally normaly in my biz) when I decided to give htem a quick google.

Ugh. Just Ugh.
#289375 by mpantz Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:25 pm
By the way, my scam was identical to yours except it was a guy named "Denni Davidson" from Iceland asking me to wire money to an account in Indiana.

What's so bothersome about this exchange is that I make similar transactions to this all the time with my international distributors. It really didn't smell out of the ordinary until I noticed that the account name was under some random woman.
#289377 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:33 pm
Please post any email addresses, names and fake websites used.

Also post the emails sent to you minus your personal information.

#289929 by mpantz Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:24 pm
Here's the scam email I received, he'll then ask you to set up with Ziegler Logistics which will give you a quote for shipping. "Denni" will then as you to wire Ziegler the shipping money quickly so there's no delay in his order getting to him. The phone number will come from a re-routed number.

Here are the scam email addresses associated: [email protected] , [email protected]

Hello,

This is to inform you about my kind interest to make purchase on some items in your facility. Before we proceed i need you to kindly let us know the kinds of credit cards you accept and also, do you allow private pick-up by freight forwarders ? Get back to me at :[email protected]

Hope to read from you so soon .

Thanks,
Denni Davidson
Wimex Ventures Ltd

Sent from my iPhone

Thisi is the email I received from "Ziegler Logistics":

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Ziegler Logistics & Forwarding Services. On checking through our customer database, the address provided below belongs to one of our premium client whom we have made shipments to, We are aware of this pick up request and we are pleased to inform you that we will be coming to your collection for this collection. however We do deliver to most business outlet worldwide. So getting your shipment to your client won't be a problem. For a shipment moving from your company with the Total weight and dimension you provide, below is the Express Shipment Air Freight quote.

===========Pick Up Address-============================
(DELETED)
===========RECIPIENT-================================
Wimex Ventures Ltd
Kirkjusandur 9 155 Reykjavik Iceland, Iceland
Phone:+354 444 7099
=======================================================
Customer ID #ICE4113B3
Shipment Details:
It is a commercial package of 240 sets of coasters made out of recycled rubber and made in the USA. The coasters will be shipped in in 4 boxes that are each 17x13x7", each weighing 26 lbs. each for a total weight of 104 lbs.
(Air freight Cost)
Express Shipment (2 to 3 days)........... $2450.00
Standard Shipment (3 to 6 days).......... $2220.00
The freight costs includes: Collection from your location insurance & clearance fee Duties & taxes Inland transit to Iceland Insured Door To Door Delivery Including Tax fee

Pick up will be made by our agents after payment is confirmed.We will need you to provide us with an estimate pick up date and time so that we can schedule a date and time for you before the item/s are ready for picked up as we normally have numerous shipping request. As soon as we receive all necessary information from you we will proceed on the pick up at your location,Also we require payment via our Bank account for now prior to pick up and collection of package which is to be paid as soon as the order is ready for pick up. So you will have to send us the payments via bank wire transfer so that we can do the pick up and settle the necessary tax and custom duties,this price includes insurance and all there duties,then we will get back to you with the necessary details.We have greatly reduce the price of your shipment. For further information do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to providing you with the lowest prices and the best customer service possible Customer Service (Ziegler Logistics & Forwarding Services)

Thank you,
John Morgan.
Air Export Clerk
#290785 by Phazyme Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:32 am
Well, it looks like I took the bait. I run a USA Made guitar company in New Jersey, and was contacted at my website by a Denni Davidson from Iceland. He has a French accent. He ordered a $3000 guitar, and wanted it shipped by Ziegler Logistics. After going through 2 credit cards that were rejected, he finally managed to charge the $3000 + $2400 to cover shipping and duty. I contacted Ziegler who answered me with this message:

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 12:38:08 -0400
CC: [email protected]; [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Ziegler Logistics & Forwarding Services. We want you to know that we can only accept our payment via wire transfer to our accountant manager that is in charge of the shipment Once you make the transfer payment of $2450 you may deduct the $50 for the transfer and make payment of $2400 to how bank details below, the person in charge of the pick up will come to pick it up on Wednesday with the schedule you mention previously. Also don't change any information from the bank details below to make the transfer.
Bank Name: Wells Fargo
Account#: 5551004640
Beneficiary: Abiodun Oluwaseun
Routing#: 121000248
Address: 10005 beechnut st houston tx 77072
Noted (BW)

We wait for the transfer slips once you make the transfer payment.

Thank you,
John Morgan.
Air Export Clerk

So, I decided to wait 24 hours before sending the wire to Houston figuring the credit card company would contact me in that amount of time. All of this is not out of the ordinary. 1. I get calls all the time from Europe for orders 2. Often CCards are denied based on the high amount of the purchase and 3. International shippers often request wired money.

So I wired these clowns in Houston the $2400.00 via my bank which is also Wells Fargo. It is 3:00 am here, and I just called Wells Fargo, and they tell me the wire has not been credited to their account yet. I will attempt to stop the transfer immediately and Wells tells me I have to go to the branch in the am!! WTF?? This is an emergency.

Lesson learned: Turning a CC payment into cash smells fishy. I will be following up with this to see if I can stop the payment.

Being new with credit cards, as we are, we don't know if this happens, and a charge goes through (the name on the card he said was Denni Davidson), with the security code: who is at risk. the innocent vendor, or the innocent CC clearing house company, or the card itself- in this case VISA.

These characters are using Denni Davidson and Ziegler repeatedly. Do Not alert them as advised by this site.
Being usually street smart and very wary, I fell for this because the charge went through, and the rest of it sounded legit. I should have known better when he 1) had to use 3 diff cards: all with his name on them, and 2) I asked him if it was getting warm there yet in Reykjavik and he couldn't answer. He said, uhh, its cloudy.

I asked him what the national language is in Iceland: He said English, uhhh, French. It isn't either, it's Icelandic.

Phazyme
#290786 by AlanJones Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:51 am
Phazyme wrote:Being new with credit cards, as we are, we don't know if this happens, and a charge goes through (the name on the card he said was Denni Davidson), with the security code: who is at risk. the innocent vendor, or the innocent CC clearing house company, or the card itself- in this case VISA.

Unfortunately, you as the vendor will be. The real card holder will notice the fraudulent charge and report it to their bank and the payment will eventually be reversed back from you, leaving you down the money that you paid to the fake shipper (assuming you can't stop the transfer).

I don't know who at Wells Fargo you spoke to, but the people you need to contact are their Fraud Department, not the usual customer support numbers, who have no real experience of this type of fraud and how to deal with it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#290787 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:01 am
Hello,

I am sorry you fell for this scam. As you are new to credit card payments you will need to contact your processor and learn how they work.

You were scammed by a West African.

He has a French accent.

There are countries in W. Africa that speak French.

After going through 2 credit cards that were rejected, he finally managed to charge the $3000 + $2400 to cover shipping and duty

Yes, he used three stolen credit cards with all different names and finally got one to work.

3. International shippers often request wired money.

Very risky not recommended. You have no recourse.

Please use your own shipper in the future.

Basically, you are out $2,400.00 unless you can recall the money.

Once the real CC holder learns that their CC has been hacked they will report and you will get a charge back.

I have also reported the bank account for fraud. Yet follow up as Alan Jones stated with the Fraud Dept.
Bank Name: Wells Fargo
Account#: 5551004640
Beneficiary: Abiodun Oluwaseun
Routing#: 121000248
Address: 10005 beechnut st houston tx 77072

#290789 by Phazyme Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:24 am
Thanks. I did report this to fraud division. They said the money has not been transferred to his account yet, so I am going there at 9:00 am to stop it. You'd think that WF would be on it 24/7! Unbelievable. I have a chance to stop it, and need to wait till the am? Good news is I'll beat them to the bank in Houston by an hour difference in time zone. Here is the address! of the recipient of the money: Because we both have Wells Fargo accounts, the address he gave me on the above bogus letter is NOT his address. Wells automatically changed it on the wire. Here it is.

Abiodun O Oluwaseun
8600 S. Course Drive
Apartment 2512
Houston, Texas 77099-1878

This is indeed, i believe a Nigerian name.