Room for Rent and other rental scams
#265196 by Michelle Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:51 pm
Date: 2015-08-24 19:14 GMT-03:00
Subject: RE: 140 Riverside Boulevard New York, NY 10069(Two Bedroom New York,NY)
To:

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Our HOLIDAY/SUBLET/SHORT LET/ APARTMENT is $490/week/$1960 Monthly.

We are available throughout that time. The cost per night is $70.00 a night,

so for 1 month the total is $1960.

This includes all utilities. There is a fully equipped kitchen. We supply all linens, and there is parking space.Pet is allowed
There is high speed wireless internet for your convenience. If you are interested we take 40% and refundable $300 security deposit to confirm your booking and the rest of the balance on your arrival.

Or you may pay in full at the time of the booking. The amount of 40% would be $784 plus $300 security deposit making $1084, we will secure and reserve the apartment if you make this deposit .Let us know if you are ready to move forward in other to forward you our contract agreement form and our bank details.

We accept Payment via bank transfer only.

Please let us know if you are interested and we can go from there.

You can view more pictures and information on our website at:

http://www.famousapartment.com/new-york

Thank you and have a great day.

viewing may not be possible because right now we are having about 1,982 inquiries and almost 89% of them want to view before proceeding with their reservations which we considered impossible. Although we are now looking for part time workers who can assist us to meet up with the demands. Pending the time we will be able to find lasting solution to this, I will advise if you can look for another agency who can meet up with your demands in order not to waste your valuable time.
Although your patronage is very important to us but presently your demand cannot be met. Kindly keep us in mind for your next apartment reservation.

NOTE: If you choose to proceed with the reservation, kindly let me know so that your dates can be secured before someone else takes it.

Best Regard's,

Tom James

FAMOUS APARTMENT

302 East New York Street Deland, FL 32724

+1 (740) 673-0504

Confidentiality notice:This message (including attachments) is private and confidential and should only be read by those to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person, other than the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error please notify your system manager or contact us.Any opinion expressed within this email may be personal to the author and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sender or its affiliates, and could be subject to change without notice. Please check this transmission for computer viruses. Sender does not accept any responsibility for any damage arising from this transmission.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary

Advertisement

#265202 by Michelle Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:20 pm
Date: Aug 2015
Subject: R: RE: R: Attico.it - un utente è interessato ad un tuo immobile!
To:Michelle Banks

Hello again,
Thank you for answer me so fast. First of all let me tell you about the monthly rent price :

The price for one month of rent is 530 euro including all the utilities costs ( water, electricity, Internet, cable TV, parking space,maintenance) .Of course I would need one warranty month as well of 530 euro, which you would get back when you will leave the apartment(you will have to give me at least 30 days notice).

Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

I am not interested to make a lot of money from the rent as I am interested to find a tenant that will take good care of my property.I wish to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible people . You should also know that I appreciate sincerity very much.
Because I didn’t had time to find a trustworthy person, don’t have any friends in the area to send the keys, I found an alternate solution . In order to close the agreement safe for the both of us I found a real estate company who will handle your payment ,the keys, the contract and the apartment documents . Is an international company called UPS Global Property ( I think you heard about them) . This is the agency website : http://www.ups.com/europe/gb/engindex.html

They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the keys plus the official documents. With this procedure you will be able to view my apartment without any obligations to rent it. This process will take maximum 2-3 days. To avoid any misunderstanding i will be gladly to explain you step by step how the viewing procedure work through UPS Property if you are interested.
Looking forward to receive your answer.
Thank you