Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#248399 by scammerswillsuffer Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:29 am
Hello,
Thank you for the interest in our equipment. We are located in Glasgow,United Kingdom. Our equipment can be tested and verified before being purchased, We offer international warranty for our equipment. We can help you with the transportation. Transportation cost will be calculated depending on the destination country.The price of this machinery is 25,000 EUR. This machinery is in perfect working condition, no mechanical problems. Thank you

Dennis R.
DS EQUIPMETS
http://ds-equipments.com
Mob: 0044 7517994657
Phone:0044 1418460442
Advertisement

#248401 by AlanJones Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:41 am
The fake website ds-equipments.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#248477 by scammerswillsuffer Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:41 pm
The scammer are using Barclays Bank, UK to recieve money.
Most likely the accounts are opened with Fake ID so legal action will be hard.
However, its very likely to cost alot of money/resources for the scammer to get such ''Mule accounts'' so if there are any ways to shut down the accounts, that would be a good step in the right direction.
If I get IBAN/Swift and other information, will it be possible to get the account suspended?
#248583 by scammerswillsuffer Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:41 pm
The scammer sent the payment information in .PDF invoice file, if anyone wants the invoice PM me and let me know which way I should upload it.

Here is the email scammer sent along with the invoice with banking account info:

Hello,
Please find the invoice attached to this email. In the invoice you will find our company bank account information that you need to send the payment. At this moment we have reserved the machine for you for 2 days, so the payment should be sent in the next 2 days, but if you need more time, there is no problem, just inform us. Once the payment was sent, please forward us by email, a copy of the payment receipt.
Thank you

Bank name: BARCLAYS BANK PLC
IBAN: GB50 BARC 2091 7943 1806 70
Account number: 43180670
Sort Code: 20 91 79
B I C / SWIFT: BARCGB22

Bank Account Noted (BW)
#248758 by TerranceBoyce Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:43 pm
We are located in Glasgow,United Kingdom

No Glaswegian would ever say that and nor would I.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#248759 by AlanJones Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:23 pm
@scammerswillsuffer, it is definitely down and won't be coming back - the Registrars have put a clientHold on the domain. The scammers can't jump hosts as the domain is frozen.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#248760 by vonpaso xlura Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:42 pm
Thank you for the interest in our equipment. We are located in Glasgow,United Kingdom. ... Transportation cost will be calculated depending on the destination country.The price of this machinery is 25,000 EUR.

From this I can tell that they are actually in West Africa, or at least from there.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#248762 by scammerswillsuffer Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 pm
AlanJones wrote:@scammerswillsuffer, it is definitely down and won't be coming back - the Registrars have put a clientHold on the domain. The scammers can't jump hosts as the domain is frozen.
'

Thanks for enlighting me about the clienthold on the domain, I didnt know about such action being taken as I thought only webhost will shut them down, and that they then can just forward domain to any crappy frehost.
And few times, I have seen it going down after someone reports, but then it goes back up and running again, maybe this is because its not officially blocked by domain but only temporary block for host.
I will get a better understanding for this, and keep checking sites untill I find out its always down.
#248763 by scammerswillsuffer Fri May 01, 2015 12:15 am
vonpaso xlura wrote:
Thank you for the interest in our equipment. We are located in Glasgow,United Kingdom. ... Transportation cost will be calculated depending on the destination country.The price of this machinery is 25,000 EUR.

From this I can tell that they are actually in West Africa, or at least from there.

You have a great point there, the writing style looks african. And that they come from west-africa because I also found 2-3 ADS with phone number listed shows by google search to belong to the Nigerian embassy in Paris.
So I think its nigerian people in this case, and very likely they are located in United Kingdom as their English skills are not so bad, and that they have Barclays Bank accounts only. I think those accounts are opened by crackheads/drug adicts who agrees to recieve money in his account, and keep a % usally 30-50%, other ways are even to use insider in bank and pay like 500-700 pounds for every account so that bank worker just will accept any kind of fake/stolen document and open the account on that info. At least I have knowledge that such sofisticated ways to open accounts with Insider and fake docs this happening very often.
Another way could be if he has recruited Money mules from dating scams, or his friends. Even maybe he just pays a middle man a % to solve the work with supplying accounts to be used for this purpose.
But where he is from, etc... that information will not help in any way to get anyone caught, they are professionals and hide their identity very good, its too hard to track them.

However! IF we can shut down some of their ''Drop accounts'' used to recieve money, then they will loose money/and or resources - and that for sure will cause them headache!
I have provided the first account info below in this thread, and I going to get more accounts.
Aswell as this, I can see that scammer have just posted 2 new Ads with cheap machinery for sale, so he is clearly in the process of operating with a new website already. I will report that too :=)
Maybe he never will give up, but so wont I either - But I think I will be able to keep him away for a while soon, with help from you guys of course :laugh-s:
#248815 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 01, 2015 6:48 am
I regret to say scammerswillsuffer that the easiest place on planet Earth to open a bank account for use in fraud is now the UK, and I was employed in UK banking before I retired. If I say that I have come across a news story where a Nigerian had control of 700+ bank accounts in the UK for use in benefit fraud you'll see the scale of the problem.

Though it's important to get such bank accounts shut down, they exist in vast numbers. To make matters worse current employment processes make UK banks massively vulnerable to insider fraud. I pay close attention to all fraud matters and especially those involving banks and some of the news stories amaze me. Only yesterday I found one news story where a 'personal bank manager' had been feeding account details of wealthy customers to the Far East with the intention of moving their balances abroad. Though no money was lost the investigation had begun because transfers had been taking place, presumably from another source and they were trying to uncover how it worked. He only got a suspended sentence.

I found the person's Facebook page and he wasn't phased at all.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle