Room for Rent and other rental scams
#245881 by Michelle Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 pm
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 5:42 AM
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: RE: Thompson Sq Apartment

Hello,

PEACE BE WITH YOU.

Thanks for your interest in my apartment,its very much available for rent. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that's because am not too keen about the rent amount but to whom i am renting the apartment out to. My intention is to rent my apartment to someone that is responsible,neat and ready to take great care of the apartment as if it were his or hers. I am very certain that you would love the comfy of the apartment, it is available for immediate move-in.
I would like you to know that i am giving this home out for rent because i am among the missionaries posted to West Africa to work for God and would spend couple of years before i would be through with my assignment here. So my family and i have decided that we would be moving to our other home in Seattle, Washington when we get back to the states,i would like you to complete the tenant application form below and please be honest with these details to enable us choose the right tenant.

Rent Fees:
Rent Per Month: $750 (Including Utilities)
Security Deposit: $750 (Refundable)
APARTMENT FEATURES:
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Sqft: 1,010
Lot size: 1,200
Property type: Single Family
Year built: 2000
Parking type: 2cars
Lease term: ContactForDetails
Cooling system: Available
High Ceilings
Stainless Steel Appliances
Large Kitchen,
Brand New Cabinets,
Electric Cooker,
dish washer & Refrigerator
Heat and hot water,
Washer and Dryer in the apartment also.

COMPLETE THE TENANT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

FIRST NAME:_________
MIDDLE NAME:_________________
LAST NAME:__________________
SEX:________________
PROFESSION:________________
MARITAL STATUS____________
TIME ON YOUR JOB:______
PHONE NUMBERS
(CELL)PHONE_____
(WORK)PHONE____
(HOME)PHONE_____
KIDS___ (YES/NO), HOW MANY_____
PRESENT ADDRESS:____
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?_______
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?________
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE DEPOSIT?______
IF YOU HAVE A PET?_____-
DO YOU SMOKE?______________
DO YOU DRINK?_________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHTS____

After i have received these details above,myself and my wife will let you know our terms and how we would conclude the Lease process so you can move into the
apartment asap,feel free to call me anytime on my cell number: 0092348024350331 OR +2348024350331.

I hope to hear from you soonest.

God Bless you richly,
James Koyle

Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 6:15 AM
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: RE: Thompson Sq Apartment

Hello Michelle

PEACE BE WITH YOU.

This is to acknowledge your mail.we have reviewed your application form and have finally concluded to rent the apartment to you.we shall stop the advert of this apartment making you our new tenant when you make the security deposit fee of $750 , please once again we need a good replacement of us in the apartment, so that we will be glad when we come at anytime to visit you to know you better.

We strongly believe that you are a respectable and responsible person,we are sure you would be able to take great care of our apartment.Also,there's a parking space,we are giving you this on trust so do not disappoint us and we promise you that you will love the house and the peaceful serene environment.

Below are the terms i will be sending via UPS to your address ,immediately you inform us that you have deposited the funds,

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details)
3) Agreement Form which you would sign and send back to me.
4) The House Documentary file.
5) Payment Receipt.
6) Full address and description of the house
7) Authorization Letter signed by me
8) Lease Agreement.

I would have prefer you sending the deposit to my bank account directly,but the fact that you have to at least see/view what you are renting,The funds should be deposited with Western Union. Now, in Western Union, there's a Security Test Question and a Security Test Answer, which without it we cannot collect the funds here.

You can make the deposit with your own different Test Question and Test Answer but you would not give us the Test Question and Test Answer until you receive the house keys and house documents. All you need to send to me is the MTCN Number so i can confirm from Western Union that the said amount was sent. And after you receive the House Keys and Documents, you would give the Security Test Question and Answer so that i can receive the funds.

The details to deposit the funds are found below:

All payment should be sent to my wife's name Bola Kole
RECEIVER'S NAME: BOLA KOLE
ADDRESS:22B INT'L EMBASSY CLOSE FOR MISSIONARY,
CITY: LAGOS
DEPOSIT AMOUNT:$750.00

After you have made the deposit, send me the MTCN number so that i can confirm that the funds has been deposited and after you receive the House Keys and Documents and you are satisfied with the apartment, you can release the Security Test Question and Answer to me so that i can pick up the funds here but if you do not like the apartment, then you can go to the Western Union location where you sent the funds from and request for a refund of your money and send the keys back to me through UPS as i have a shipper's account with UPS.

Email me immediately the payment is been made or call +2348032202464

Hope to hear from you asap.

James koyle
Please re-confirm Your mailing Address.
Name That Would Be Written On The Lease Document And The Authorise Letter

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement