Learn about us and introduce yourself
#245078 by Kip Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:26 pm
Hello all my name is Kip, and I haven been trading on the internet locally on Craigslist and bookoo.com going on 4 years. I discovered this site just before last Christmas when a member, Vic Turner (googled his email address), emailed me warning me of a scammer in the process of scamming me. I thanked Vic and told him that I was actually reverse scamming the scammer (I use the email handle GOONY GOO GOO) when giving scammers "payback". The "payback" consists of going along with the scam as a "victim" giving the scammer a made up name and vacant address to send their counterfeit check to (causing their waste of time and $20 Fed Ex fee). Long story short on the REALLY stupid scammer I'm speaking of, the following (I posted it) is copied and pasted from 800notes.com : (I'm changing the way the number is showing so he can't see this post if searching again presently)

224-8five5-69one8

Did you get a call from ------------ Read the posts below to find out details about this number. Also report unwanted calls to help identify who is using this phone number.
-----------

Stu Bidasoe
27 Mar 2015
This number is from an internet scammer, currently targeting bookoo.com, a site similar to Craigslist.

I am currently having fun with him. He thinks I have cashed a counterfeit check and am heading to a Wal-Mart to send him a money gram. I keep stalling him, saying things like "I fell down last night and have to go see the doctor to get some kibble for my bits.". This is the second time that I have reverse scammed him. Last month I was Ross Ewage. After driving him nuts, I told him to look in the mirror and say my name. Ross Ewage.....RAW SEWAGE!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Now, Mr Scammer, I have gotten you AGAIN!!!! Look in the mirror and say my name!

Stu Bidasoe

Stu Bidasoe

STUPID [***]!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Now, after posting this, I sent the scammer the same message and told him to google his number (his scamming contact method is via text) so he could see this post! So he could see that I have reported his number for future potential victims to vet with an online search. Now, this idiot has contacted me AGAIN today on bookoo as a potential victim on a different item I have posted for sale. I started the reverse scam again for the 3rd time since January using a made up "normal" name this time. He is sending "funds" via courier in the am. SO, my reason for being here is "Is there a way we can get this idiot locked up during this process?
Advertisement

#245081 by Bryon Williams Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:48 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

I am sure Vic Turner gave you great advice.

Thank you for the post. However, your warning is no longer good. If you are not a trained baiter you will make mistakes in the process.

You have made three mistakes.

#1. Scammer never use their money to send fake checks. They will use hacked accounts. So, actually you had a victim pay for the mailer.

#2. The address you had the check sent was still owned by someone. So, you included an innocent third party in your tease and play of a scammer/criminal. This owner did not ask to part of your bait.

#3. You informed the scammer of your postings. Now the scammer will take 5 minutes out his life to get a new email address, fake name and new Voip phone.

If you wish to learn to bait properly and safely send me a PM.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#245085 by Kip Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 am
Hi Byron and thanks for your response.

#1. I did not know they used hacked accounts, however, I did not have a victim pay for a mailer. The scammer had the victim "pay" for a mailer. Now, at the end of the day, the scammer was going to have the victim pay for a mailer either one way or another. Through my vacant address and fake name with no return, or through a real victim. So, I have prevented this cash spent on this mailer from being used on a real victim.

#2 Land only vacant address used. No one there to receive the check to a fabricated name

#3 I've done due diligence and know the ease that scammers have in "readjusting", however it does not appear you read all of my post, or my post was ambiguous.

The scammer has used the same number to "scam" me on 3 separate time frames..

Once in January, where I "outed" and angered him.

Once in March where I "outed" him again, and made him aware that his number is posted online.

And AGAIN today. My point here is this scammer does not cover his tracks or change his number after he knows that number has been posted. And he has not, as a "prudent scammer" would, marked my number as "do not use" in then future after 2 failed attempts. He is making mistakes and will continue to do so.

He won't see this post unless he searches his number exactly as I have posted it. Odds are better winning the lottery.

I am interested in having him caught. Will IM tomorrow after I figure out how to navigate this site, late here, thanks..
#245086 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:49 am
So, you agree a victim paid for the mailer whether hacked or not. No, the mail account is still active you have not stopped the mailer. I agree he will use this account until it is closed. You did however make the victim pay for your mailer without helping the victim.
#1. I did not know they used hacked accounts, however, I did not have a victim pay for a mailer. The scammer had the victim "pay" for a mailer. Now, at the end of the day, the scammer was going to have the victim pay for a mailer either one way or another. Through my vacant address and fake name with no return, or through a real victim. So, I have prevented this cash spent on this mailer from being used on a real victim.

The land is still owned by someone.
#2 Land only vacant address used. No one there to receive the check to a fabricated name

It appears that you are neophyte as you stated in your subject title.
#3 I've done due diligence and know the ease that scammers have in "readjusting", however it does not appear you read all of my post, or my post was ambiguous.

I will reach out again. If you wish to learn how to bait properly and safely send me a PM.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#245087 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 am
One type of employment scams is for the scammer to contact and recruit a victim. He will tell the victim that they have an online job as a Personal Assistant or Company Represenative.

The scammer will have this victim buy products to print checks with the promise of being repaid.

In most cases there are two victims. The check printer that will never get reimbursed for the products they bought. The check printer in most cases will forward the fake checks to another victim. This victim will be the mailer.

The mailer also thinks they have an online job. The scammer will send hacked mailer information for USP, Fedex or USPS to this victim.

When the owner of the mail accounts realize their account has been hacked they will report it to the Police.

Police will start their search with the printer and the person receiving the checks.

The proper thing to do in these scams is to cease all contact with the scammer. Do not inform him of anything.

If you already received the fake check turn the mailer and fake check into your banks fraud dept or UPS/USPS/Fedex along with the emails you received.

Please do not do what we do. You will need to learn how to bait safely and not to include innocent third parties.

#245088 by HillBilly Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:08 am
Kip,
Byron does not type to see his own writ. He is a very experienced man with multitudes of knowledge to offer.

Baiting is not for beginners, as he stated. You can put yourself in very legal jeopardy as well as personal.

Its all fun until someone gets hurt. If that someone happens to be you, you will be sorriest. If it happens to be another innocent victim, do you think that is OK??

#245099 by vonpaso xlura Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 am
Welcome to Scamwarners!

We do not scam scammers. We bait them, but this is not the place to discuss baiting. Please see http://forum.419eater.com for the precautions required when baiting.

We do not use real addresses, whether they are vacant lots or police stations. We use nonexistent addresses.

Your scammer is probably not stupid, but ignorant of your culture. He lives in a faraway country, where law enforcement is lax. English may be his third language. It is highly unlikely that you can get him arrested.

When we get a tracking number from a scammer, we have ways to report it so that the stolen credit card used to pay for it is canceled without rumbling the bait.

Please heed the advice above. Get someone to teach you how to bait. Do not bait scammers on your own.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10