Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#232183 by mysteryquest Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:32 am
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company - Fake Job Scam Fraud
Salam Aman,

Thanks for your response and interest. Note, this is a one year contract supply project, the product to supply is "steel glue" for oil pipeline. This is a chemical used for joining together two metals before it is welded for a longer duration.

All we require is the services of a reliable person/company to contract as international agent to supply this products to us. We are constructing the world biggest gas field project to develop the ardous Bab Sour Gas field in the southwest of the emirates for power generation and petrochemical Industries Development.

Contact the Contract Department with the below contact and introduction of your self, for more details of the contract project. Please note that while contacting the Contract Award Department, you are advice to attach the following documents for verification and also referencing me for clarification.

1. Resume/CV
2. Your Full Names
3 Your Address (s)/Phone Contact
4. Your Country of Origin and Domiciled Country
5. Academic Certificates
6. Company Registration (Optional)

Attn:

Mr. Ali Khalifa Al-Shamsi
Director, Corporate Planning & Coordination Directorate
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
P.O. Box 898. Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates.
Tel: +971554964165
Fax: +971-2-6023389
E-mail: [email protected]

Kindly use "Recommendation BAB/AD/04CP/AE" as your subject to enable fast and immediate response to your message.

Insha Allah,
Al Mohamadi.

Please read carefully because this applies to every emailed job offer you receive! 99% of email job offers are scams! No real company hires you without an in person, face to face interview. An email, online or telephone questionnaire or interview is always a scam! No real company ever charges any money for a job for any reason whatsoever! Not for a visa or work permit, deposit, housing or courier charges! Read: http://www.scam-job-emails.tk Scammers will say the money will be reimbursed but it will not be! Your money will be sent to a fake embassy official, travel agency or lawyer who is a really the same or a different scammer!! No real company, government or visa agent ever uses a free or public email address (yahoo.com gmail.com hotmail.com, aol.com, etc.) Email addresses like diplomats.com, counsellor.com, consultant.com, lawyer.com etc. are also free email addresses. Read: http://www.scam-email-addresses.tk No real visa agent ever requests money via wire to a bank account or by Western Union or MoneyGram. Read: http://www.never-wire-money-to-strangers.tk No real company uses a telephone number that begins with +44 70, +44 871, +44 870, +44 843, 44 844, or +44 845. Those are forwarding numbers which are not in the UK. Read: http://www.scam-telephone-numbers.tk If the company does not have a website or the website does not work, it is a scam! Do not assume a website is legit! Read http://www.scamwebsites.tk There are no exceptions! Don't let a scammers convince you otherwise! A scammer is only as smart as his victim is naive! If something sounds too good to be true, it is a scam! Publicity defeats scammers. Post the scam emails you receive and warn your friends Always "Google" all telephone numbers, email addresses and websites in any job offer to see if it has already been posted as a scam!
Advertisement

#233727 by djoney Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:07 pm
Same concept, however HR director is a Andy Lawson with the following details
Andy Lawson
Employment department
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
P.O. Box : 898.
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirate
Tel: +971 5 62 68 14 52
Email:[email protected]

When googled the phone number as I find this is the best way to determine if a scam, this "Contact page" came up http://www.ae-adnoc.com/ which is a carbon copy for the ADNOC website except for contact details. I recently applied for a position at ADNOC and had a look at the actual website which is why I thought this was legit. IT wasn't until I traced my steps back and the website address http://www.ae-adnoc.com was not the real website for the company.

It wasn't until I received the "job offer" that said I had to pay for processing fee that I googled online questionnaire scam to see this is a common trick. However the email address used at a glance seem to be legitimate they are
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Due to the similarity with the actual email address of the company I believed this was a real offer for a couple of hours. But then as they say it was too good to be true. And searches I did on the email address above came up blank also suggesting the information wasn't real.
#233735 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:39 pm
Nigerian registrant for Emirati company.
Domain Name: AE-ADNOC.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 2014-10-18T02:21:37Z
Creation Date: 2014-08-18T13:37:07Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-08-18T13:37:07Z
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1-2013775952
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Allen Barren
Registrant Organization: allen barren inc
Registrant Street: 14 Barren rd
Registrant City: ketu
Registrant State/Province: lagos
Registrant Postal Code: 54833
Registrant Country: NG
Registrant Phone: +234.080348895974
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

ae-adnoc.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#233784 by djoney Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:11 am
Email Received with job offer, requesting contact thier agent for visa processing

Dear Djoney

ADNOC's hiring plans were in keeping with the long-term economic development policy of the Abu Dhabi Government. Having a skilled workforce is at the top of our leaders agenda in Abu Dhabi and is part of Vision 2030 said, Ms Khalfan referring to the Government's development master plan.

Kindly note that this employment was based on the following:

1. CV qualifications
2. Years of experience
3. Age category
4. Online Interview Questionnaire

Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) Chief Executive Yousef Omair Bin Yousef and the HR department Congratulates You over your success after proper perusal and detailed analysis of your online interview and other information provided by you.

This is an Affirmation that your experience and qualifications were found SUCCESSFUL in the requirements of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) for the position you seek.

Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing the Prototype of your CONTRACT PACKAGE for your perusal and approval. Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, You are required to sign on the last page and Send us a Scanned Copy of the Acceptance page.

After acceptance of OFFER, you are expected to contact our Relocation Advisory Agency "GULF EXPRESS TRAVELS" assigned by ADNOC to assist in meeting and processing requirements of your Work/Residence permit documents which will empower you to live and work in U.A.E. Also send them signed copy of the CONTRACT OFFER you received from ADNOC.

Contact Person: Mohamed Ali
Gulf Express Travels
Tel No: +971 5632 68048
P.O Box. 2007
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirate
[email protected]
[email protected]
http//www.gulfexpress.hst.im

This is in line with the Expatriate Statuary Law of United Arab Emirate (UAE) in compliance with the U.N. Terrorism Act.

Update us with the process between you and the agency incase of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their requirement quick for the fast processing of your permits and visas.

Also note that any Expenses incured in the process of registering your documents shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report to us. Also be informed that once the process is completed your hard copies will be delivered to any postal address of your choice.

ADNOC has a general office at Abu Dhabi airport, which is open 24 hours a day. Here, you’ll be issued with a temporary identification card and information on the local orientation that you’ll attend very soon after your arrival.The Expatriate Recruitment Division maintains an office specifically for meeting new hires, and this is open whenever they arrive. A company representative will meet you on arrival and take you to your accommodation.

There will be a mandatory Orientation/Training Exercise for all Newly Employed Expatriates which will take place within the Work Metropolis of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and this Program will start 7 days on arrival for work sign-on.Should you require more information, Please feel free to contact us immediately.

CONGRATULATION ON YOUR APPOINTMENT

Regards:
Eng. Andy Lawson
HR Director
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
P.O. Box : 898. Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Tel : +971 5 62 68 14 52
Fax : +971 501 112 564
Email: [email protected]
#233835 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:40 am
djoney wrote:Contact Person: Mohamed Ali
Gulf Express Travels
Tel No: +971 5632 68048
P.O Box. 2007
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirate
[email protected]
[email protected]
http//www.gulfexpress.hst.im

This is in line with the Expatriate Statuary Law of United Arab Emirate (UAE) in compliance with the U.N. Terrorism Act.

Nonsense. Travel agents do not issue work permits. gulfexpress.hst.im is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#238094 by AlanJones Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:37 am
The phone and fax numbers in the OP are now being used by scammers claiming to be

Khawla Al Mheiri,
Director, IPIC’s Corporate Communications Department
International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC)
P.O. Box 7528, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#238238 by AlanJones Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:20 am
Thanks for your response and interest. To give you a little insight on this contract, I would like you to note that it is a one year contract supply project. And the product to supply is "Barium Petroleum Sulphonate" for drilling operations. Barium Petroleum Sulphonate is used as an excellent corrosion/rust inhibitor & recommended for manufacture of greases, metal working fluids- rust preventives as it gives better protective coating films.

This contract doesn\'t really demand a qualification in Oil and Gas because your duty as the Agent is to ensure that the African based manufacturing company delivers the Goods at the appointed time.
Please note that this contract might not distract you from your present work (depending on your agreement with the manufacturing company).

IPIC interest to import this chemical from a local market in Africa is based on the research carried out by the technical scientists that African manufactured Barium Petroleum Sulphonate is deemed to be more natural than European and Asian products etc.... This contract will create an opportunity for people outside UAE to benefit from Emirate Oil & Gas, as well as the UAE EXPO 2020 vision and agenda.

Please Contact the Contract Department with the below contact and introduction of your self, for more details of the contract project.

Khawla Al Mheiri,
P.O. Box 898. Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#238791 by stavares Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:15 am
I have received similar e-mail from them with following content:

"Thank you for your interest showing, our company Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) is looking for a reliable and honest person to handle a contract supply of "Barium Petroleum Sulphonate" from the local market because these product seems to be more natural than the ones we are buying in other European market and each liter you supply you make a $20 profit on it. The total quantity for this contract is 25,000 liters (125 drums of 200-litre drum) per month.

Our management has decided to give out the contract supply to a reliable and serious hand that can deliver on time when needed. They are also offering $250,000 as a personal commission to the agent after his/her first supply in other for him to set up a representative office on behalf of the company. In addition to that an upfront payment of 125 drums will also be given to him/her immediately the contract and it's legal process are done.

For your information Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was established in 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry and since then has steadily broadened its activity in establishing companies and subsidiaries and creating an integrated oil and gas industry in the fields of exploration and production, support services, oil refining and gas processing, chemicals and petrochemicals, maritime transportation and refined products and distribution.

The Supreme Petroleum Council (SPC), chaired by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al- Nahyan, President of the UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi.

During the past four decades, ADNOC has expanded its business activities, enhanced its competitive position and so managed to become one of the world’s leading oil companies with substantial business interests in upstream and downstream activities, including transportation, shipping, marketing and distribution.

ADNOC’s efforts in the exploration and production field have concentrated on assessing undiscovered reserves and optimizing hydrocarbon recovery by improving the reservoir management.

Over the last few years significant achievements were made in the expansion and development of gas fields to meet increased demand from industry gas users and gas injection requirements in order to enhance the oil and condensate recovery from the producing fields. ADNOC is committed to sustainable development. In 2009, the company has launched the ‘ADNOC Sustainability Performance Initiative’ ensuring a harmonious balance between society’s needs and Earth’s resources, while its track record in HSE sets the standards for the rest of the Arabian Gulf.

Giving top priority to education, ADNOC established a number of institutions that train and develop a qualified UAE cadre for the energy sector. The Petroleum Institute, The Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi, the ADNOC Technical Institute, the Achievers’ Oasis and other scholarship programs are but a few examples of ADNOC’s educational projects.

Confirm your Seriousness and keen interest so as to link you direct to the contract department for the proceeding of the contract terms and conditions.

Insha Allah!

Adib Hadar
ADNOC Project Manager"

This guy was using a gmail ID: [email protected]
It is clear, its fake!
#244199 by AlanJones Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:51 am
New phone number +971503041581

Khawla Al Mheiri,
P.O. Box 7528. Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates.
Tel: +971503041581

#249165 by AlanJones Mon May 04, 2015 2:55 am
All sent via LinkedIn
Email: [email protected]
Tel. Nos.: +971503041581 & +97126023389

How are you my friend? Nice to be connected to your network as friends. I deem it fit to contact you after going through your profile on linkedin, regards to an important consultation. My company, International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is presently seeking for the services of a reliable person/organization to contract as international agent.

Following my company's quest for competent Company or Individual who can handle their One Year Contract Project, for the supply of "Barium Petroleum Sulphonate" from Africa based manufacturers to Abu Dhabi, UAE. I want to recommend you to my company for this position, let me know if you can handle a product supply contract, if you are interested I will link you to the Contract Department with with a recommendation, for direct communication and to give you more details of the contract supply project and your expected role as an International Agent.

Insha Allah,

Saadah Thaqib.
Director, Projects & Supervision
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Like i have said, am from Dubai, UAE and the said product will be supplied from Africa based manufacturers and will be delivered to my company here in UAE. So Sir, let me know readiness and capability that you can handle the one year contract for us.

I await to hearing from you soon.

Insha Allah,

Saadah Thaqib.

Salam XXX,

Thanks for your response and interest. To give you a little insight on this contract, this is a one year contract supply project, and the product to supply is "Barium Petroleum Sulphonate" for drilling operations. Barium Petroleum Sulphonate is used as an excellent corrosion/rust inhibitor & recommended for manufacture of greases, metal working fluids- rust preventives as it gives better protective coating films.

IPIC requires a reliable person/company to contract as international agent to supply this product to them for the period of one year, for its offshore projects. This contract doesn't really demand a qualification in Oil and Gas because your duty as the Agent is to ensure that the African based manufacturing company delivers the Goods at the appointed time. Please note that this contract might not distract you from your present work (depending on your agreement with the manufacturing company).

IPIC interest to import this chemical from a local market (Africa) is based on the research carried out by the technical scientists that African manufactured Barium Petroleum Sulphonate is discovered more natural than European, Asian etc products. This contract will create an opportunity for people outside UAE to benefit from Emirate Oil & Gas, as well as the UAE EXPO 2020 vision and agenda.

Contact the Contract Department with the below contact and introduction of your self, for more details of the contract project. Please note that while contacting the Contract Award Department, you are advice to attach the following documents for verification and also referencing me for clarification.

1. Resume/CV
2. Your Full Names, Your Address (s)/Phone Contact
3. Your Country of Origin and Domiciled Country
4. Academic Certificates
5. Company Registration (Optional)

Attn:

Khawla Al Mheiri,
Director, IPIC's Corporate Communications Department
P.O. Box 898. Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates.

Kindly use "Recommendation UPS/AIA/04CP/AE" as your subject to enable fast and immediate response to your message.

Insha Allah,

Saadah Thaqib.
Director, Projects & Supervision
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate.

Scammer's profile on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=413096171

Saadah Thaqib
Director, Projects & Supervision International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC)
United Arab EmiratesOil & Energy
Current
ADNOC -Abu Dhabi National Oil Company -Al Hosn Gas
Education
Abu Dhabi University

#249337 by Skeptical79 Tue May 05, 2015 3:03 am
I received the following message:

"Hello,

How are you my friend? Nice to be connected to your network as friends. I deem it fit to contact you after going through your profile on linkedin, regards to an important consultation. My company, International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is presently seeking for the services of a reliable person/organization to contract as international agent.

Following my company's quest for competent Company or Individual who can handle their One Year Contract Project, for the supply of "Barium Petroleum Sulphonate" from Africa based manufacturers to Abu Dhabi, UAE. I want to recommend you to my company for this position, let me know if you can handle a product supply contract, if you are interested I will link you to the Contract Department with a recommendation, for direct communication and to give you more details of the contract supply project and your expected role as an International Agent.

Insha Allah,
Muhammed Abdullah.
Offshore Executive Manager (UK-UAE)
International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) "

The company website claims that company employees do not contact individuals through social media. See link regarding this information: http://www.ipic.ae/english/fraud-warning

The "offer" sounds too good to be true. I was not interested in finding out more.
#251747 by AK-75 Tue May 19, 2015 8:30 pm
Another one using mirror site for existing company in Emirates, calling numbers from original site confirmed that persons mentioned in emails do not exist.

ATTENTION: Mr. -----,

We acknowledge the receipt of your expression of interest regards to the position of our International supply agent, including your attached documents, and we are very impressed regarding your profile. We hereby decide to give you more details of the position as required.

Dragon Oil, United Arab Emirates seriously requires an International agent, but must be a reliable and sincere person/company who will contribute positively towards achieving the aim of our project in Egypt. Dragon Oil participated in the Ganope International 2012 Bid Round #1, which included 20 exploration blocks in the Western Desert, Eastern Desert, Red Sea and the Gulf of Suez. In November 2013, Dragon Oil offers for Block 19 in the Gulf of Suez, Egypt, was initially accepted by Ganoub El Wadi Holding Petroleum Company (Ganope), one of the main entities of the Petroleum Ministry responsible for all exploration and production activities in the southern part of Egypt. The contract was signed on 19 May 2014 and we are working on starting the work programme/project.

Block 19 East Zeit Bay (in which Dragon Oil will have a 100% interest) is located offshore in the prolific southern Gulf of Suez region. The block covers an area of 93 km2 and lies in shallow waters ranging in depth from 10 to 40 metres. A number of producing oil fields are adjacent to or near Block 19, namely East Zeit, Hilal, Ashrafi, SW Ashrafi and Zeit Bay fields. Dragon Oil is conducting a tendering process to select a contractor to perform 3D seismic acquisition over an area of approximately 100km2 in Block 19 East Zeit Bay, offshore the Gulf of Suez, Egypt. In parallel, Dragon Oil is evaluating bids to select a contractor to re-process the exiting 2D seismic data and in the future to process the 3D seismic data to be acquired. Dragon Oil is seriously looking for an agent to handle the supply of Barium Petroleum Sulphonate for the steel and drilling operations for one year as a contract. Dragon Oil is working closely with the authorities seeking required permits and approvals for immediate start up of the projects.

You will work as a contracted agent for the period of one (1) year, make inquiry from manufacturers of the product “Barium Petroleum Sulphonate” from Africa as approved and recommended by our technical team that Africa has the best and natural Barium Petroleum Solphonate needed for such project. Your major responsibility is to make the required product available (Barium Petroleum Sulphonate) and supply to Dragon Oil project team/contractors in Egypt on monthly basis or upon request by Dragon Oil. Also you will be responsible to inspecting the goods at the manufacturer’s factory, a day or 2 days before its shipment to Egypt and Dragon Oil will take care of your travel cost from your country to the manufacturer’s factory. After every process of selection is concluded, you will be invited officially to our head office here in Dubai, UAE for the signing of the contract agreement (Hard Copy), legal documents, and other formalities. Also you will undergo a 2 weeks training course here in Dubai before going back (If the agent needs such training), Dragon Oil will borne the cost of training. The training will give you more knowledge about Dragon Oil operations and your assignment.

In addition, you will be paid an agent establishment fee of $250,000.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars) for one year, then you will get an instant pay of $10 on each liter of the product you supplied to us, as your working commission/salary. The agent establishment fee is geared towards facilitating you to establish and open an office in your country as our international agent. Also the monthly supply quantity is 30,000 liters (150 drums) of 200-litre drum per month. You are also entitled to Accommodation Allowance in your home/residence country, monthly Flight Allowance from your country to manufacturer factory for goods inspection before dispatch and Official Car from Dragon Oil. All these are stated in the contract agreement that will be signed between you and Dragon Oil, and this contract agreement will be sent to you upon confirmation of the product availability in Africa.

All the above mentioned will be effective after confirming you our International agent according to the selection criteria, and your reliability towards such position. The monthly product cost price and delivery charges will be paid by Dragon Oil through you as our agent; meanwhile you are expected to be reliable and accountable towards utilizing the fund for its original purpose. Moreover, you will present to us a monthly report on your financial activities and our project supervisors will visit you at the end of every month to ascertain progress on your monthly report. Revert at your earliest convenience if you are capable to undertaking and handling being our International Contracting, then we shall proceed with the contract terms and conditions.

Thanking you for your co-operation and looking forward to your reply.

DRAGON "YOUR GATEWAY TO GROWTH"

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Ahmad Assadi -

Contracts Department Manager and Acting Marketing Manager

Dragon Oil Plc Dubai, United Arab Emirates

ENOC House II, 3rd Floor Right Wing,

Sheikh Rashid Road

P.O. Box 34666,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy it. Do not open, read, copy, disclose, use or store it in any way, or permit others to do so. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay, interception, and amendment. DRAGON OIL and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.

[email protected]
14 мая (6 дн. назад)

кому: мне
Dear Mr. ----,

In regards to your message with the outlined questions, I am writing to link you with the contract Department who will be furnishing you with every necessary details as you have just requested in accordance with Dragon Oil regulation.

Having read through the contract detail presented to you subsequently, I'm sure you would have gotten a clear understanding about the scope of the contract hence directing you to contact the Dragon Oil Contract Department for further clarification.

Please note that while contacting the Contract Award Department, you are advice to introduce yourself and attach the following documents for verification of your competence in handling such contract and also do endeavor to reference me for clarification and swift response.

1. Resume/CV
2. Your Full Names
3 Your Address (s)/Phone Contact
4. Your Country of Origin and Domiciled Country
5. Academic Certificates
6. Company Registration (Optional)
7. Scan copy of your International Passport or any Valid Identification

Kindly use this recommendation code while writing as your subject to enable fast and Immediate response to your message "EGT/-14/BLOCK19/AE". Also endeavor to always keep me posted with every process with the Contract Department to be in lieu should there be any need for assistance/ confirmation from me.

Kindly contact the Contract Department with the below contacts:

Attn:

Mr. Ahmad Assadi -
Contracts Department Manager and Acting Marketing Manager
Dragon Oil Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Group Headquarters
ENOC House II, 3rd Floor Right Wing,
Sheikh Rashid Road
P.O. Box 34666,
Dubai UAE

Insha Allah,

Emad Bahulaigah
General Manager of Petroleum Development
Dragon Oil, United Arab Emirates.

ATTENTION: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Dragon Oil Plc with via our official website: www.dragonoil.com