Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#239412 by AlanJones Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 am

Dear Friend,

My names are Mr. Mark Martinelli, a senior manager of Emirates Bank NBD Dubai.

I write you in connection to a transaction that would be beneficial to you and me. As the Regional Manager, it is within my purview to send in yearly financial report to the Bank Headquarters at the end of each business year.

In the course of reviewing the year 2010 report, I discovered that my branch has Twenty Six Million, Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars (US$26, 700,000:00) in slush fund. It may interest you to note that a slush fund, colloquially, is an auxiliary monetary account or a reserve fund. However, in the context of corrupt dealings, such as those by governments or large corporations, a slush fund can have particular connotations of secrecy in regard to the use of this money and to the use of this money and the means by which the funds were acquired.

Four years after, my head office is not aware of it and as it were, has no way of knowing as I understand that the original depositor died three and a half years ago and till date no one has come forward to claim the fund. The plan is to present you as the Manager of the deceased's Estate, given the fact that you both bear the same surname

I have just placed this funds in what we call Nostro Vostro account with no beneficiary. As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 30% of the total funds as remuneration for your involvement. There is practically no risk involved, the transaction will be executed in a manner that protects us from any breach of law.

All we need to do is to secure the pertinent structures in place to authenticate your claim as the manager of the deceased's Estate and consequently the beneficiary of the fund. Your prompt response would be appreciated. Kindly contact me via my email.

Thanking you in advance for your anticipated assistance and cooperation.

Mr. Mark Martinelli.
General Manager Internal Audit.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#239413 by AlanJones Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 am
Dear Friend,

I acknowledge with thanks the receipt of your email of today. My first email is self-explanatory. But for a proper understanding, I recap; the depositor of the fund is deceased and still date, no one is forthcoming as the next of kin, more than five years following the demise of the deceased in the Indonesian Earthquake of 2009. It is in this regard that I contacted you to present you as the legalese to the deceased’s Estate.

Please note that for obvious reasons, apart from entering your details in the bank database as the legalese to the Estate, I cannot be seen as being unduly and conspicuously involved or showing undue interest in the bequest.

To this end, we will require the service of a lawyer in Dubai to assist us in probating the Estate and applying for the extraction of the grant for further transfer of the sums into your nominated account. To this end, I will be having discussions with three good lawyers in Dubai by tomorrow and whichever of the three that satisfies our aspiration will be nominated to handle the case. I will thereafter send you the details of the lawyer for you to contact same directly. Rest assured that I will be working behind the scene to give necessary support to the lawyer.

Mr. Mark Martinelli.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#239541 by AlanJones Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:33 am
Dear XXX,

As stated earlier, being funds left behind by a deceased person, we have to first and foremost probate the Estate of the deceased person, consequent upon which the Probate Registry will affirm you as the manager of the Estate and further release of the bequest into your custody.

Following my discussion with the lawyer today, he agreed to take care of the legal process out of his pocket. So you can liaise directly with him. His names are Mr. Mark Bisch a Partner (Franchise) with Baker Botts LLP, Dubai. He can be reached at [email protected]

Just tell him that you are contacting him at the request of Mr. Mark Martinelli from Emirates Bank Dubai in connection to the Estate of Mr. Manfred Emil Kerstan.

Regards,

Mr. Mark Martinelli.

#239689 by AlanJones Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:40 am

Dear XXX,

Thank you for yours of yesterday.

Yes, Mr. Martinelli, did explain the project to me and also availed me with some document relating to the subject matter, to assist me in the task.

I can definitely assure you that I can handle the transaction as it were, albeit circumspectly as principle of fair play and equity will not permit me to copiously use official correspondence for obvious reasons, hence I will be using my personal email for communication as far as this transaction is concerned. And all communication will be strictly by email.

The issue of legalese of the Estate of the deceased is not in dispute to warrant proving Letter of Administration for next of kin as there is a valid holographic will. The Will sort of, invokes the trusteeship clause, whose aim and objective includes but not limited to: (a) to protect spendthrift heirs or other beneficiaries who may be unable to properly manage the property/bequest. (b) To enable the trustee (you in this instance) to use your discretion and expert knowledge in management of the trust property (asset currency) on behalf and for the benefit the heirs.

The law of universal suffrage and the new set of rules relating to succession and inheritance matters for non-Muslims with assets in Dubai accepts that the Estate Probate vis-à-vis the deceased's secondary Will in connection to his fund in the United Arab Emirates can be probated independently from his other Estates in Australia or elsewhere, in accordance with the tenet of the applicable Estate laws of succession and inheritance matters for non-Muslims. To this end, I will want to suggest that the Estate as per funds in the kitty of Emirates Bank NBD Dubai be probated in the UAE which suits us; in view of the fact in UAE one can secure a partial tax exempt or fiscal exit.

I am not oblivious of the XXX government stringent fiscal and monetary regulations vis-à-vis incoming wire of large sums from the Middle East or elsewhere. As you will agree with me it will be foolhardy and naïve to assume that the authorities and monetary watchdogs in UAE and or XXX will not raise certain questions as to the basis and legitimacy of the transfer of the fund to you.
It is a fact that major banks in XXX and or their US corresponding no longer welcome large sum coming especially from Politically Exposed Islamic countries due to the pressure on them from their government's side. In fact a lot of awkward questions will be asked and if no proper and satisfactory answers backed with verifiable documentary proofs were forthcoming, the fund risk being stopped, red-flagged and or confiscated, hence it becomes imperative to have the necessary structures and papers in place to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the fund is not connected to drug, money laundering and or terrorist financing, prior to the actual transfer of the fund to you.

Accordingly, I am glad to initiate this scenario, subject to your consent and approval: Depicting you as the Executrix of the Estate of the decease, this is with specific reference to the deceased's funds in Emirates Bank NBD. This entails executing the Letters of Administration of the deceased's Estate in Solid Form and per your name. Usually, executing Letter of Administration in Solemn Form and per the name of Executrix/Administrator is not done in absentia. Nevertheless, in cognizance of the fact that you might be ill disposed to be physically presence in court for the purpose of executing the Letter of Administration, I have approached a particular Probate Registrar, whom has agreed to execute the Letter of Administration in absentia in so far as we are able to prove that the process is with and has your consent and authority.

Without doubt, probating the Estate and setting up the requisite structures in place for the authentication of the process and safe receipt of the fund in your account will involve some financial commitments, which I am agreeable to bear from my personal purse.

Be advised that, you shall be responsible for granting me a notarized and executed Power of Attorney, appointing me as your legal representative and empowering me to coordinate the legal processes in Dubai and subsequently apply for the funds from Barclays Bank Dubai and coordinating the transfer into your designated account in XXX or elsewhere. It is imperative you note that UAE banks are very strict on capital flight as they always insists on reinvestment of such fund in the United Arab Emirates, hence it becomes imperative to first move the funds and integrate same on the platform of Barclays Bank Dubai. This becomes expedient as Barclays Bank has a wider network and outreach worldwide.

Also, please understand that due to the volume of fund involved, the Power of Attorney must be notarized and its Deed of Assignment executed by a notary public in your locality and Superior Court in your State of resident respectively. Take note that executing Deeds of Assignment on a Lasting Power of Attorney include but not limited to averring to an averment in line with the recitals, schedules and contents of the POA.in conformity with the relevant Estate Law of the United Arab Emirates.

I need you to understand and note the following: there are certain statutory obligations that will be required of you-burden of proof of eligibility for consideration as the Executrix of the Estate (Onus Probandi).

If you ask your lawyer in XXX, he will confirm to you that, majority of big Law Firms, especially those into arbitration maintains a reasonable war chest to cover our costs on contingency fee cases. Many times we have several cases going on at the same time and the war chest figures begin to deplete. As a matter of policy at Baker Botts LLP, we always ensure that we maintain and set aside a reasonable sum of amount in our Attorney Trust Account to cover all costs for filing fees, deposition, and expert witnesses. I do not know of expert fees in your area but I can assure you that all expert fees in UAE are extremely high. A war chest is cash reserves set aside or built up by the law firm to take advantage of an unexpected contingency.

It is from this contingency overdraft checking account (also known as Attorney/Client Trust Account) that I intend to take care of the cost of paying for the filing, bond and stamp fees, and will apply to pay the inheritance tax/estate duty settlement in putting the requisite structures in place. The filing, bond and stamp fees is usually nominal and in the range of Zero Point One Per-cent (0.1%) to Zero Point Fifteen (0.15) of the entire Estate value, but the Inheritance Tax/Estate Settlement is a different ball game altogether, due to the volume of the Estate we are looking at something in the region of Five Per-cent (5%) or more or less or thereabout, the actual sum for the inheritance tax is subject to the Estate Duty Assessment by the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).for a better understanding of the entire process, please refer to the attached English version of Estate Probate, Letters of Administration, Procedure and Frequently Asked Questions. I want us to get this clear, to avoid any misunderstanding in future. Please carefully peruse the attached files and confirm the clear receipt of same.

Do please comment on the above and let me know your opinion. In addition to your having your full coordinates, I will also require your consent and acceptance to proceed under the conditions as depicted above. As soon as I receive your response and coordinates (full names, name of company, corresponding address, occupation and age would suffice), I will proceed accordingly with putting the relevant structures in place. This becomes expedient as your coordinate is required to be entered in full on the electronic template and other relevant forms for the Estate Probate. In this regard the attached Client Questionnaire will be handy, so please appropriately fill and sign underneath where applicable and return ASAP.

I have accordingly directed one of my staffs to go to the Birth and Death Registry to depose to an Affidavit on the death certificate of the deceased. Everything being equal and barring any unforeseen circumstance, the whole process will be consummated within five (5) working days, more or less or thereabout.

Summary: the first step is to file the necessary legal paper work at the probate registry here and apply to the court to affirm you as the manager/executrix of an estate.
I will apply to court for a grant of probate on your behalf. After the Petition has been filed in court, the Probate Registrar and Judge will review it. If the Registrar is satisfied that all the documents are in order, the Petition for Probate or Letters of Administration will be granted.

After the Estate Duty Matters have been settled, I will thereafter apply to extract the grant. This is done by way of a praecipe and filing of the administration bond. Finally, the funds get discharged and paid to you via Certified Bank Draft for further wire transfer of the fund into your designated account in XXX.

Last but not the least; pin my subsequent email, I shall be sending for your review and input an Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Non-Disclosure Non Circumvention Agreement that will superintend the transaction.

Looking forward to hearing from you at the earliest convenience.

Best regards and have a nice evening.

Mark Bisch
Partner (Franchise)
Baker Botts LLP,
Emaar Square, Building 6, 7th Floor
P.O. Box 23425, Dubai. +971527278237

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 94.99.13.164
Originating ISP: Saudinet
City: Dammam
Country of Origin: Saudi Arabia
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Same email also sent from Mark Bisch - [email protected]

#239690 by AlanJones Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:44 am
Dear XXX,

OK, thanks for the update, I will expect you keep me posted from your side as well as I will do from my side.

Regards,

Mr. Mark Martinelli.

#239904 by AlanJones Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:48 pm
Dear XXX,

Thank you for keeping me posted with the legal process. Please do take your time on it because we need much carefulness in all the legal documents. I will wait for your update.

Regards,

Mr. Mark Martinelli.

#240243 by AlanJones Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:20 am
Dear XXX,

I write to know if you were able to complete and return the forms to the lawyer as you told me yesterday? I waiting to hear back from you but I didn't, that is why I am writing to know.

Regards,

Mr. Mark Martinelli.

#240341 by AlanJones Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:48 am
Dear XXX,

Thanks for your update. Please keep me posted with the response and proceedings of the lawyer while I do same to you from my side whenever I have any.

regards.

Best Regards.

Mr. Mark Martinelli.
Emirates Bank,
18 C ST. Near AL Nahda Road, Dubai.
Tel.: +91522820766.

Phone number in email is incorrect - for Dubai it should be +971522820766.

#240461 by AlanJones Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:10 am
Dear XXX,

OK, thanks for the notice. I will try and speak with him today and keep you posted.

regards.

Best Regards.

Mr. Mark Martinelli.
Emirates Bank,

#240610 by AlanJones Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:49 am
Dear XXX,

I spoke with the lawyer this evening and he told me that this is weekend and that he is on top of the matter and will soon get in touch with us. So please let us exercise little patience to wait for him. Probably he will get in touch with us by tomorrow.

Please keep me posted if you hear from him first and I will do so from my side as soon as I do.

regards.

Best Regards.

Mr. Mark Martinelli.
Emirates Bank,

#240707 by AlanJones Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 am
Dear XXX,

I am sorry I couldn’t get back to you earlier before now, as I have been very busy working assiduously on the case and concluding the matters with the estate administration. And trying to fast track as Mr. Martinelli directed, I so do. I need you to understand the complexities of transferring the sum of USD26, 951, 253:00 is not exactly a walk in the park. I am being thorough to cover all the angles on the nuances of such transactions. In so doing I have spent quite a lot more than I anticipated to.

Be advised that I have kick-started the process, pursuant to the modus operandi and your consent to carry on, I have proceeded accordingly with putting the relevant structures in place. This includes filing the Originating Summons together with the statement containing the relevant information entered in the electronic template, including the supporting affidavit. The entire documents of title to the assets (with specific reference to the UAE domicile account) belonging to the deceased inclusive of his passport, proof of fund and death certificate of the deceased as at time of sending this email has been deposited with the Probate Division of Dubai International Financial Centre’s Courts for the Court’s scrutiny and records.

Also, I have accordingly paid the filing, bond and stamp fees, totalling USD40, 427:00. In line with my promise to always avail you with relevant paperwork, Please find attached herewith, scanned copies of the Probate Application Form PA1-4 and official receipt for payment made, Report of Death, Death Certificate and Proof of Fund. Note; the difference between the two figures (actual POF and Form PA4) is fallout of the interest accruable on deposit (0.1875% Per Annum), approximately USD50, 062:50 P/A. Bottom Line: The total sum of the Bequest increased from USD26, 700,000:00 to USD26, 951, 253:00 as a result of 0.1875% Per Annum interest on deposit accruable to the fund for the period the account was last audited in 2009 to date.

Hopefully and barring any unforeseen circumstances, if the Probate Registrar is satisfied that all the documents submitted are in order, the Application for Probate will be granted by Wednesday as I did requested and paid for an accelerated hearing of the Probate Petition, so we can complete the process and have the fund transmitted into your designated account before the end of the week.

However, if the Probate Registry decline to approve the Application and or the Probate Registrar is not satisfied with our submissions, the Originating Summons may be returned to me for amendment or Probate Registrar might at worst insist on your physical present in Chamber or original signature on the Application Form. If this be the case, I will find a way round it. However, per assurance from my inside contact at the Probate Registry I am confident that everything will go according to plan.

On the approval of the Application, I would move swiftly to pay the Estate Duty Settlement/Inheritance Tax and other Estate duty matters.

Text of the acceptable format of the Power of Attorney will be forwarded to you in due course inclusive of further directive.

I want to believe the above meets with your final understanding and satisfaction…otherwise do please feel free to ask for clarification on any issue not clear to you and I shall be obliged to elucidate further to your further understanding. Do confirm the clear receipt of the attached files.

Best regards and have a nice day.

Mark Bisch
Partner (Franchise)
Baker Botts LLP,
Emaar Square, Building 6, 7th Floor
P.O. Box 23425, Dubai.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

#241201 by AlanJones Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:51 am
From: Mark Bisch - [email protected], with a forwarded message from [email protected]

BARRISTER MARK BISCH.
EMAAR SQUARE, BUILDING 6, 7TH FLOOR,
P.O. BOX 23425, DUBAI.

DEAR SIR,

RE: CONDITIONALLY APPROVED PROBATE PETITION (ESTATE OF MR.MANFRED EMIL KERSTAN)

THE ABOVE SUBJECT MATTER REFERRED. FOLLOWING DUE DILIGENCE AND SCRUTINY OF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED IN THE ORIGINATING SUMMONS IN SUPPORT OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR PROBATE ON THE AFOREMENTIONED ESTATE, BE ADVISED AS FOLLOWS:

PENDING THE PHYSICAL APPEARANCE OF THE APPLICANT (XXX) IN CHAMBER FOR THE PROBATE INTERVIEW OR THE RECEIPT OF THE NOTARIZED LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY AND THE COURT ATTESTED AND EXECUTED AVERMENT; THE PROBATE REGISTRY OF DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTER (DIFC) COURTS HAS TODAY CONDITIONALLY APPROVED YOUR PROBATE PETITION DATED 8TH MARCH 2015. TO THIS END THE ESTATE DUTY SETTLEMENT HAS BEEN REFERRED TO THE INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS (IAS) AND INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) DUBAI, FOR PURPOSE OF ESTATE DUTY TAX ASSESSMENT TO AS IT WERE APPROPRIATELY RECOMMEND THE ACTUAL ESTATE DUTY/INHERITANCE TAX PAYABLE ON THE ESTATE. PLEASE VIEW ATTACHED APPROVED PROBATE APPLICATION FORM PA1-4.

MEANWHILE, WE HAVE DIRECTED BARCLAYS BANK (AE) DUBAI TO HAVE THE CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT DRAWN IN THE NAME OF THE APPLICANT BY OR BEFORE CLOSE OF WORKING HOURS ON THURSDAY MARCH 12TH PREPARATORY TO FURTHER WIRE TRANSFER OF THE PECUNIARY LEGACY INTO AFFIANT’S ACCOUNT IN XXX.

XXX IS THEREFORE REQUIRED TO PLEASE INDICATE HIS PREFERRED AND CONVENIENCE DATE BETWEEN 15TH AND 18TH OF MARCH 2015 FOR HIS PHYSICAL APPEARANCE IN CHAMBER FOR THE INTERVIEW/HEARING AND AFFIRMATION OF THE APPLICANT AS THE EXECUTRIX OF THE ESTATE, AND FINAL EXECUTION OF THE LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION IN SOLEMN FORM IN HIS NAME.

SINCERELY YOURS,

IBRAHIM ABDEL AZIZ IBRAHIM ABDALLA
FOR: PROBATE REGISTRAR
DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
GROUND FLOOR, BUILDING 4 THE GATE DISTRICT,
P.O BOX 211724 DUBAI.

#241202 by AlanJones Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:52 am
Dear XXX,

I assume you received the forwarded email correspondence from the Probate Registry DIFC Courts. The content is lucid and self-explanatory.

I am awaiting the Estate Duty Assessment from the Dubai International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). In this regard, I have requested the Dubai International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to liaise directly with our bank official and I have accordingly put the account officer on notice.

From my personal assessment, the expected assessment is slightly above the benchmark for my signature permissible to draw from our Client Trust account, without recourse to our Head office in the States. To cover the shortfall, I have borrowed from a client in Abdu Dhabi.

I will keep you abreast of further development. In the meantime, do please let me know your convenience date and time of arrival in Dubai for the Probate interview, so that I can as it were, put the necessary machinery in place for your visit.

Should you have any question or require further elucidation, don't hesitate to ask and I shall be obliged to explain to your better understanding.

Best regards and have a nice day.

Mark.

#241508 by AlanJones Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:23 am
Dear XXX,

I hope all is well with you?

Please let me know the progress of things from your side if there is any update for me.

Best Regards.

Mr. Mark Martinelli.
Emirates Bank,

#242090 by AlanJones Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:16 am
Forwarded from Mark Bisch - [email protected], an email from [email protected]

BARRISTER MARK BISCH,
BAKER BOTTS LLP,
EMAAR SQUARE, BUILDING 6, 7TH FLOOR,
DUBAI, UAE.

DEAR SIR,

WE ARE GLAD TO INFORM YOU IN LINE WITH YOUR DIRECTIVE WE HAVE EFFECTED THE PAYMENT OF INHERITANCE TAX CHARGEABLE ON THE ESTATE OF MR. MANFRED EMIL KERSTAN).

PLEASE FIND ATTACHED HEREWITH SCAN COPIES OF THE IAS-IFRS TAX ASSESSMENT AND THE OFFICIAL COUNTER FOIL RECEIPT, CONFIRMING FULL PAYMENT ON THE ESTATE DUTY SETTLEMENT. THE ORIGINAL COPY WILL BE DISPATCHED TO YOUR OFFICE TOMORROW.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO THE REPAYMENT OF THE OVERDRAFT FACILITY GRANTED TO YOUR GOOD SELF AT THE EARLIEST TIME POSSIBLE TO ENABLE US EFFECTIVELY RECONCILE OUR ACCOUNT BY OR BEFORE THE END OF THE FIRST QUARTER.

VERY TRULY YOURS,

SANJOY SEN,
CONSUMER BANK HEAD-
MIDDLE EAST REGION.

Attachment

Probate Department,
Dubai International Financial Center Courts
Ground Floor Building 4,
The Gate District,
Dubai, UAE.

Cc: The Manager,
Citibank AE (DUBAI),
Dubai Marina,
Dubai, UAE.

Cc: Barrister Mark Bisch,
Baker Botts LLP,
Emaar Square, Building 6, 7th Floor,
Dubai, UAE.

Dear Sirs,

RE: ESTATE DUTY SETTLEMENT/INHERITANCE TAX ASSESSMENT ON THE ESTATE OF MR. MANFRD EMIL KERSTAN. (DECEASED) VALUED AT TWENTY SIX MILLION, NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THREE UNITED STATES DOLLAR ($26, 951,253:00).

This is in reference to your letter of yesterday and sequel to your inquiry on Estate Duty Settlement/Inheritance Tax Assessment in respect of the Estate of Mr. Manfred Emil Kerstan. (Deceased) and following careful appraisal of the Estate, be advised as follows:

Tax rates and interest

After deducting allowable debts, funeral expenses and exemptions, the net value will be taxed based on the following rates:

Deaths occurring on or after 28 Feb 1996 Tax Rates

For every US Dollar of the first $12 Million or its equivalent in Dirham 3%
For every US Dollar exceeding $12 Million or its equivalent in Dirham 5%

Interest on Estate Duty

Simple interest is payable on the unpaid Estate duty from the date of death to the date of payment. At any time after the deceased's death, the executor, administrator or the appropriate person may estimate the amount of Estate duty payable and make payment to IAS/IFRS to prevent further interest from accruing.

Interest rates for deaths occurring on or after 01 Jan 2002 to 31 Dec 2007 and further.

* For the first 6 months from date of death 3% per year on the amount of the unpaid Estate duty
* For the subsequent 12 months 6% per year on the amount of the unpaid Estate duty
* From the expiration of 18 months to the date of payment 12% per year on the amount of the unpaid Estate duty (If the Commissioner is satisfied that there was reasonable cause for the delay in payment or furnishing information, he shall reduce the rate to 6% per year)

For deaths occurring on or after 01 Jan 2008, a late penalty shall be added if any estate duty or interest is not paid in full on or before 30 days after the date of the notice of assessment.

Payment Modes:

Electronic Payment Modes

• Internet Banking (Tax payment from Clubs, Trade associations, MCs & Municipal councils)

To pay online, please visit your bank’s website (select Bill Payment) Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Mashreqbank, Union National Bank, Noor Bank or RAKBANK.

• ATM (Tax payment from Clubs, Trade associations, MCs & Municipal councils) Pay your tax at Union National Bank or Mashreqbank Automated Teller Machines.

You can pay using ATM if you maintained a bank account with Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, RAKBANK or Noor Bank. ATM is available 24 hours a day.

When making payment, enter the payment voucher number after selecting the option to make payment at the ATM. The payment voucher is issued together with your Tax Bill if you are not on the GIRO payment plan.

The amount will be deducted immediately from your account and a receipt will be issued via the ATM machine. There is a daily payment limit of up to $25,000:00 subject to the payment limit set by the respective banks.

• Phone Banking Service.

You can pay using the 24 hours Phone-Banking Services if you maintained a bank account with Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Mashreqbank, Union National Bank, Noor Bank or RAKBANK and have subscribed to this service. No receipt will be issued for this mode of payment.

When making payment on this mode, you will need to dial a designated telephone number provided by the respective banks and through a selection of codes, make the payment of your taxes. The amount arranged for payment will be deducted immediately from your bank account.

There is a daily payment limit determined by the respective banks. Hence, the daily payment amount you can make via this mode is subject to this limit.

• Cash/ NETS (Stamp duty, Inheritance Tax, Private Lottery Duty, Trust Income Tax) at any of the listed Banks Office Branch to make an over-the-counter payment.

Cheque/Cashier's Order (All Taxes):

Pay with cheque or cashier's order from any bank in The Emirates. Please attach the payment voucher with your cheque payment and write the tax reference number on the back of your cheque so that payment can be updated to the tax account. No receipt will be issued for this mode of payment until the reflection of the money in the nominated IAS-IFRS designated Tax Collector account. For the payment to be credited promptly into the correct Tax Account, please attach the lower portion of the original payment voucher to your cheque/cashier order/Bank Draft. The payment voucher is issued together with your Tax Assessment if you are not on the GIRO payment plan. If you do not have the payment voucher, please quote the Tax/Document Reference Number and Tax Type at the back of your cheque/cashier's order/bank draft. Ensure that your cheque is crossed 'Not Negotiable' and 'Account Payee Only', and made payable to IAS-IFRS.

• Telegraphic Transfer

Payment by telegraphic transfer is only for payments from overseas and the payment modes listed above are not applicable. Please find applicable mode listed below:

If you are not in The Emirates or only maintain an overseas bank account, IAS-IFRS may accept payment by Telegraphic Transfer.

For security reasons, only on inquiry will you be provided with the necessary bank details to give to your bank when making payment.

In addition you will be required to provide the following information: your name, the Tax Reference Number, taxpayer's name and purpose of the payment: for example, Withholding Tax, Individual Income Tax, Inheritance tax, etc., on the remittance advice.

For prompt updating of your payment into your tax account, please send the Notification Funds Transfer Form/Payment Slip to us.

We encourage you to remit in US$ currency in order to avoid not settling the liability in full due to differences in exchange rate of the foreign currency.

There will be a bank processing fee and other agent bank charges imposed when you make a Telegraphic Transfer.

To ensure that the full amount of tax payable is remitted to IAS-IFRS, please instruct your bank that 'Telegraphic Transfer/other agent bank charges to be borne by ‘applicant' instead of the beneficiary. Otherwise, the amount remitted may not be sufficient to cover your outstanding tax liability in full. Enforcement actions may be taken to recover any outstanding tax.

Depending on the currency, country and agent bank used, payment might be received by IAS-IFRS within 3-5 working days. Payment will be posted into your IAS-IFRS tax account within two (2) working days once we receive the payment and the Notification Funds Transfer form.

You may check your latest tax position via our e-Service 'View Account Summary' at myTax Portal.

Sincerely yours,

Ibrahim Amin Bin Al Mustapha.
For: IAS-IFRS Dubai.