Room for Rent and other rental scams
#231769 by Michelle Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:29 am
Fiona Willis <[email protected]>
Dec 21 (1 day ago)
to me
Hi,this is Fiona;the owner of the apartment.The home is currently vacant and it is available for move in. It was redecorated last year is looking very nice and clean. Has a fully furnished kitchen, clean and well tidy sitting rooms, laundry room and fully furnished with home utilities like: electric shower, Lounge,Toaster, Owen and microwave, dryer, iron, washing machine , refrigerator , dishwasher, power shower, heater, cable ready,TV set and DVD player, Internet connection, equipped kitchen and everything a house needs.The price for 1 month is 3500 AED

I'm 47 years old, married with 2 children's from England.I bought this apartment for my daughter,Lisa during her studies practice in Dubai, but now she’s back in England permanently, so I’m renting it out for unlimited period.The minimum contract period is 2 month's and maximum is unlimited.My daughter is pregnant so i will not be able to come and meet you personally for a while.

I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from London (on my expense of course).I will just send you the keys and contract using a Estate Delivery Company, and they will act as a third party in our transaction.Will do the papers,contract and all it needs. moment i don't have time for this, my daughter health is the most important.

Looking forward to hear from you soon so we can proceed further.

Respectfully, Fiona

Fiona Willis

to me

Good News , after reading your email and after consulting my husband and my daughter we decided that you would be suitable to rent our apartment.I can see your willingness in this Apartment and i want you to know that i'm satisfied with your profile and also believe that you can take good care of the apartment.I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen.

1 - To start this transaction i will need to know your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address to proceed with this deal .
2 - I go to the DHL Office and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
3 - DHL will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4 - DHL will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they checked it.
5 - At this point you will have to make a money transfer deposit on the DHL agent name assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed. ( 3500 AED + 3500 AED = 7000 AED )
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the infos about the money deposit to DHL (Reference Number, sender's name and address)
7 - DHL will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
8 - After you receive the package, You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if everything is in order you will instruct DHL to release the money to me.

I want to inform you that DHL will hold the money until you will confirm to them that you like the apt and keep the keys. If you don't like it,you only have to return the keys to them after they will refund the money to you and they will deliver the keys back to me on my expense.

Important! * I will pay for the services of the DHL rental company and you will pay for the Money Transfer fees.
* You will see the apartment with the DHL agent before doing any rental contract

I am waiting for your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you. I will need for delivery,where the keys will arrive, the following info's :

Name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Phone number:

I've attached pictures of my family,and a model of the rental agreement
So looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship. Greetings from England!!

P.S : I hope you are not scared of my long message , but i want to explain everything from the start , do not be any problems in the future!

Fiona Willis
81 Elizabeth Street
London SW1W 9PG
United Kingdom
Phone : +44(0)20 7955 7776

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement