Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#228433 by Mike Wilson Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:47 pm
[email protected] fake bank email
Telephone number used by fake bank. +447031959017

Subject: Re: kamper

Thanks for your reply, i am okay with the condition and I Agree with the price ,Send the pictures of the Item, Am making the payment through secure and reliable means, PayPal payment service,if you don't have a PayPal account i will advice you to register for a PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com.kr . its very simple,secure and fast so as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal payment : <><> PayPal email account ,Full name, Address and phone number,Total Cost of the item .

i will then contact my shipping company (pick up agent) for the picking up of the Item from your home after making the payment . You will get your money before my agent come for the picking Up.Thanks

Email from the fake bank claiming the funds have been sent.

Citibank Money Transfer® [email protected]

Subject: You've Received Notification of Instant Transfer Payment from Danna Hamiltom (Confirmation Of Transaction ID: 2236-0848-6986-5705)

Transaction ID :2236-0848-6986-5705

The safer, easier way to pay online.

You've got new funds!
Dear <removed>

Why use Citibank?
It is fast and secured
Speed through checkout without stopping to enter your billing information.
Send money to family and friends for free.
You received a Wire Money Transfer from Danna Hamiltom

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of 2,500.00EUR from Danna Hamiltom .
You are advised to send the shipping agent fee to them via Western Union immediately and send a copy of the Western Union receipt to us immediate for processing and release of your payment. Please check below for further details.
Please understand that in order to prevent any fraud occurrence, all Citibank transactions are now fully monitored by the Interpol. Click Here for more

Transaction Summary

Payment Status

Reversals

Pending - Transport Company Awaiting Payment.

This method of payment can not be reversed.

Seller Account

<removed>

Transaction ID: 2236-0848-6986-5705

Merchandise Amount: 2,000.00 EUR

Transport Charges:500.00 EUR

Total Amount:2,500.00 EUR

Transport Company Info :

Name : <removed> Southern
Address :17 w Edmaire
City : Chicago
state: IL

Another email from the fake bank claiming the funds are on hold.
A legitimate bank would never ask for a payment via Western Union.

You have received a Wire Payment of 2,500.00 EUR from Danna Hamiltom ([email protected])

We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction
(we are awaiting the shipper's fund Western Union details)

Transaction Status: Pending, (Awaiting Approval Western Union Details )
As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New Citibank Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (Courier Exchange Logistics).
In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office and send the excess sum of 500.00 EUR to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction. And also that the shipper address is changed.

Please, find below the Shipper information of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union

Transport Company Addresss:

Name: <removed> Southern

Address:17 w Edmaire
Chicago IL United State

The UK redirect telephone number used by the fake Citibank +447031959017

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#239628 by miph Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 pm
hello!
This person contacted me today as she wanted to buy an item from me, so i'm just asking have you ever recieved that money that was pending? i'm pretty new at this so i would appreciate if you could help me by answering me or telling something more about your experience.
Thanks a lot
#239629 by Bryon Williams Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:35 pm
It is a scam the scammer wants to steal your "tiem" he has not sent any money and he does not plan on it. All the payment emails he sent you are fake.

Paypal nor banks will hold your money until you provide proof of shipping.

Please sell your item face to face in a public place.

This same scam works with fake checks. If you were selling furniture, vehicle, horse or something large the scammer will send the same fake payments and ask you to send money back to a fake mover or agent.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#264989 by brikki2015 Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:51 am
Mike Wilson wrote:From: Danna [email protected] Scammer email
[email protected] fake bank email
Telephone number used by fake bank. +447031959017
Hi my name is Ne'lan Southern im a victim of someone stealing my idenity i just so happen try to google my own name i never ordered or did any transactions how can you all clear my name up you can contact me at <removed>

Subject: Re: kamper

Thanks for your reply, i am okay with the condition and I Agree with the price ,Send the pictures of the Item, Am making the payment through secure and reliable means, PayPal payment service,if you don't have a PayPal account i will advice you to register for a PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com.kr . its very simple,secure and fast so as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal payment : <><> PayPal email account ,Full name, Address and phone number,Total Cost of the item .

i will then contact my shipping company (pick up agent) for the picking up of the Item from your home after making the payment . You will get your money before my agent come for the picking Up.Thanks

Email from the fake bank claiming the funds have been sent.

Citibank Money Transfer® [email protected]

Subject: You've Received Notification of Instant Transfer Payment from Danna Hamiltom (Confirmation Of Transaction ID: 2236-0848-6986-5705)

Transaction ID :2236-0848-6986-5705

The safer, easier way to pay online.

You've got new funds!
Dear <removed>

Why use Citibank?
It is fast and secured
Speed through checkout without stopping to enter your billing information.
Send money to family and friends for free.
You received a Wire Money Transfer from Danna Hamiltom

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of 2,500.00EUR from Danna Hamiltom .
You are advised to send the shipping agent fee to them via Western Union immediately and send a copy of the Western Union receipt to us immediate for processing and release of your payment. Please check below for further details.
Please understand that in order to prevent any fraud occurrence, all Citibank transactions are now fully monitored by the Interpol. Click Here for more

Transaction Summary

Payment Status

Reversals

Pending - Transport Company Awaiting Payment.

This method of payment can not be reversed.

Seller Account

<removed>

Transaction ID: 2236-0848-6986-5705

Merchandise Amount: 2,000.00 EUR

Transport Charges:500.00 EUR

Total Amount:2,500.00 EUR

Transport Company Info :

Name : Nelan Southern
Address :17 w Edmaire
City : Chicago
state: IL

Another email from the fake bank claiming the funds are on hold.
A legitimate bank would never ask for a payment via Western Union.

You have received a Wire Payment of 2,500.00 EUR from Danna Hamiltom ([email protected])

We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction
(we are awaiting the shipper's fund Western Union details)

Transaction Status: Pending, (Awaiting Approval Western Union Details )
As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New Citibank Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (Courier Exchange Logistics).
In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office and send the excess sum of 500.00 EUR to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction. And also that the shipper address is changed.

Please, find below the Shipper information of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union

Transport Company Addresss:

Name: Nelan Southern

Address:17 w Edmaire
Chicago IL United State

The UK redirect telephone number used by the fake Citibank +447031959017
#264990 by brikki2015 Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:55 am
I never did any of this stuff im a victim of all my personal belonging getting stole i have police reports stating this im looking forward to hearing from someone how can you remove my address and my name or i can get an investigator and a lawyer to sue im tiredof gettin picked on
#265010 by TerranceBoyce Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 am
Welcome to Scamwarners brikki2015

Would you clarify which identity it is that you claim the scammer has stolen, as it isn't immediately apparent ? Normally the scammer uses a fake identity as there is no benefit in using a stolen one to perform this type of fraud.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#266722 by s_t Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:40 am
Hi Guys!

This person has multiple email addresses, but the names are consistent. Danna Hamiltom & <removed> MW Southern. In fact even the transaction ID used is the exact same! I first got a text from +447400348202 telling me to email the person regarding the item I'm selling.

email address used was [email protected]

They used a UniCredit Bank looking email to scam me, but it was spoofed. It showed that the email was from "[email protected]", but the address was spoofed. The actual return address I would have been replying to was [email protected]. If all the other information wasn't sketchy enough. This solidified that it was clearly a scam.

I also got an email from the "bank" saying legal action would be taken against me if I don't make the payment within 24 hours. The "transfer" was made on Sunday night. Today is Monday morning, seriously? You expect me to believe legal action will be taken against me when the bank hasn't even been open for business through the entire transfer and emails process -- it was 7:30am in London and the bank hours for London are 8-6:30pm M-F). The bank address and phone numbers were also wrong. At least some of the other scam's I've gotten have had the right company information! I even called the bank a couple of times before realizing the email was spoofed. And 10 minutes after I got this email "Danna" asked me why the payment hasn't been sent yet. How the hell would you know? Maybe I already contacted UniCredit and made the payment.

Also the grammar and syntax in the bank's emails was very wrong. It was clearly a fake email. No respectable bank will use incorrect grammar and syntax.

So, yeah. That was my whole experience of the last 2 days.

It is possible that the scammer's name is neither Nelan Southern, nor Danna Hamiltom. Moneygram/Western Union etc only need the transaction ID and if you have a "fake" ID, it is enough to have the money given to you. Spoofing the email means that your email goes right to them, and they get the transaction id, and they have the fake ID and so they can just get the money, and you will keep waiting for your money.

No legitimate bank will say you need to make a payment inorder to get your money. Please keep that in mind. If you are unsure. NEVER reply to the email, and NEVER use the phone number listed in the email. ALWAYS find the correct number and call. They will always tell you that it is a SCAM/FRAUD!
#274646 by brikki2015 Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:51 am
I'm not a scam artist smeone keep using my name and address can you please take my first and last name and address down this is embarrassing I emailed you last to time saying I googled my name and it pooped up
#274648 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:03 am
I do not see a social or birth certificate.

You were asked this early in the post and never responded, so I will ask again.
Would you clarify which identity it is that you claim the scammer has stolen, as it isn't immediately apparent ?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#274650 by brikki2015 Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 am
Clearly I don't come on here as much as you guys do I. Said my ID identification was stolen with my birth certificate and social . I demand for my info be taking down .
#274651 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 am
For the final third and last request.

Would you clarify which identity it is that you claim the scammer has stolen, as it isn't immediately apparent ?