Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#226219 by mysteryquest Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:47 pm
Addax Petroleum Ltd. (UK) - Fake Job Scam Fraud

Attention: Dear candidate,

I hereby inform you that your resume/certificates have been screened by our team of evaluators. Consequently, you have been given job designation. Also, your job responsibilities and entitlements have been outlined in the attached contract agreement for your consideration.

Kindly go through the details carefully. Fill in your name, date and append your signature only after you have accepted our contract terms.

We shall proceed with formalities after we have received your response.

Email id: [email protected] (Scam Email - Reported)
MAXWELL TOM LEE
HR MANAGER,
Addax Petroleum Ltd. (UK) | Addax group company
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17, Rubislaw Terrace | Aberdeen | Scotland | United Kingdom
Phone +447 41847 8285 | Fax +447 2000 70111
Direct +447 (4) 3034 82 85

Please read carefully because this applies to every job offer you receive! 99% of email job offers are scams! No real company hires you without an in person, face to face interview. An email, online or telephone interview is always a scam! No real company ever charges any money for a job even for a visa or work permit or for a deposit for any reason! Read: www.scam-job-emails.tk Scammers will ask you to send money to a fake embassy official, travel agency or lawyer who is a really a scammer using a free email address!! No real company, government or visa agent ever uses a free or public email address (yahoo.com gmail.com hotmail.com, aol.com, etc.) Email addresses like diplomats.com, counsellor.com, consultant.com, lawyer.com etc. are also free email addresses. Read: www.scam-email-addresses.tk No real visa agent ever requests money via wire to a bank account or by Western Union or MoneyGram. Read: www.never-wire-money-to-strangers.tk No real company uses a telephone number that begins with +44 70, +44 871, +44 870, +44 844, or +44 845. Those are forwarding numbers which are not in the UK. Read: www.scam-telephone-numbers.tk If the company does not have a website or the website does not work, it is a scam! Do not assume a website is legit! Read www.scamwebsites.tk

There are no exceptions! Don't let a scammers convince you otherwise! A scammer is only as smart as his victim is naive! If something sounds too good to be true, it is a scam! Publicity defeats scammers. Post the scam emails you receive and warn your friends Always "Google" all telephone numbers, email addresses and websites in any job offer to see if it has already been posted as a scam!
Advertisement

#257520 by hardroco Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:28 pm
Hi everyone
I recived this email from addax petroleum 4 days ago and I have read that it is a fake, could you tell me the true ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTN: SIR
ADDAX PETROLEUM UK LIMITED
You are here by notified that your qualifications and
experiences were found suitable for the requirements of ADDAX
PETROLEUM UK LIMITED.
For verification and screening you are to submit your most
recent resume through our e-mail;
[email protected]
And also indicate your present and expected salary for our
perusal.

Faithfully
Mr. Terry Gal.
(HR Leader at ADDAX PETROLEUM)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after that I sent my CV to this email and I recived a second mail from them

ADDAX PETROLEUM UK LIMITED
228, Towers PentAberdeen
Scotland, United Kingdom
Tele:+447035982888 / +447035921669
Fax:+44 1224459259
Client code B3422A/Uk/ADDAXUK/ vol. 2015

ATTN:SIR,
Open the attached file, you will find a copy of the Job assessment
form, fill it in properly and return it to us via email attachment within five
working days for our perusal.

Best Regard,
Mr.Terry Gal
(Recruitment Coordinator at ADDAX PETROLEUM).

and a file attached (.docx) with a online interview...... also I found this page with a news about the opening of its new subsidiary, Addax Petroleum UK Limited but well I think that it is fake too ,
http://aberdeenbusinessnews.co.uk/item/2382-addax-petroleum-sets-foot-in-aberdeen

so if it is fake I hope you can do something to catch them or to stop this fraud thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#257523 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:36 pm
The numbers beginning +44-70 look like they are in the United Kingdom, but they are actually in Mozambique. Please post the complete headers of the email you received from uk-addaxpetroleum.com.

There is no such thing as an interview consisting of written questions to be answered at leisure. An interview is always real-time. If it isn't real-time, it isn't an interview.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#271438 by Luis Suarez Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:35 pm
You are hereby informed  that your resume/certificates has undergone screening by our team  of evaluators.,

You have been given job designation. Also, your job responsibilities and entitlements have been outlined in the attached contract agreement for your consideration.

Kindly go through the details carefully. Fill in your name, date and append your signature only after you have accepted our contract terms.

We shall proceed with formalities after we have received your response.

Always reply using the email.

Yours Faithfully,

MAXWELL TOM LEE 

HR MANAGER,

Addax Petroleum Ltd. (UK) | Addax group company 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17, Rubislaw Terrace | Aberdeen | Scotland | United Kingdom

Phone +447937043699 | Fax +447087690788

Direct +447937043699

On October 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi.
I attach assessment format what you sent me in las email.
Please read and let me know please for next step.
Thanks for all your attention.

xxxxxxxxxx.

Enviado desde mi tableta BlackBerry® PlayBook™
http://www.blackberry.com
De: "HR Addax" <[email protected]>
Para: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviado: 13 de octubre de 2015 02:49
Asunto: ON-LINE INTERVIEW/ASSESSMENT FORM

Addax Petroleum (UK) Limited.
17, Rubislaw Terrace, Aberdeen,
Scotland, United Kingdom.

Attention ,

We have received your CV and application in response to our ongoing recruitment notice/ credible referral.

Presently, we have a mandate to commence expansion on our numerous projects.

Based on the above, came the need to hire more experienced and suitably qualified personnel to join in the workforce by contributing their quota via their skills/experiences.

Hence, we sought the services of notable recruitment consultants (Prime Integrated Recruitment Solutions Ltd & Oil Careers (UK) Ltd) in the oil and gas sector and the related disciplines to short-list names of candidates with relevant qualifications and experience and you were chosen as one of those whose qualification fell within our needed criteria for job offer.

It is important to make it clear to you that we have resolved to hire only candidates who are:

1) Not presently engaged or are willing to disengage and work with us.

2) Ready to work in UK.

3) Ready to resume work in UK not later than 5 weeks from this date.

If the above terms are acceptable by you, then fill the attached assessment/placement form and submit to us within 3 working days for prompt evaluation and subsequent placement by our team of evaluators.

Note: due to the urgent nature of this project and the huge recruitment burden, there may not be further interviews after the recommendations/evaluations of your supplied details.

Kindly write to the HR office or call if you have any questions or useful contribution.

Yours Faithfully,

Mandy Clark (Assistant HR Manager Consultant)
Addax Petroleum Ltd. (UK) |  Addax group company
17, Rubislaw Terrace | Aberdeen | Scotland | United Kingdom | Phone +447937043699 | Fax +447087690788
Direct +447937043699

On October 12, 2015 at 5:23 PMxxxxxxxxx wrot

Good day.

Please check my PROFILE and let me know how. I can to get one opportunity of be part of any proyecto what you find Wright.

Enviado desde mi tableta BlackBerry® PlayBook™
http://www.blackberry.com
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.