Learn about us and introduce yourself
#112731 by Vostok Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Hello everyone here and thank you for your wonderful and resourceful site here.

My name is Sasha and I come from former USSR, but I have been living in Czech Republic for long time now.
Please, excuse my bad English.
I would like to share some experience with you here, about scamers.

Several days ago I met a girl (on www.eedates.com), her name (actually her nick on eedates) was Sylvia , so we started to correspond through email and she introduced herself as SUZANNA PALM from 28th engineering regiment deployed in Afghanistan. Her email address is/was [email protected]. She told me about herself a bit and that she was born in Spain and had a Spanish father, and her mother was form Great Britain, then she told me that she had lost both of them because of accident and her aunt brought her up in Northen Ireland. She told me that she was in love one with some guy form USA, California, but he had left her out in cold when she came to visit him. That he lied to her about some other woman. So she joined the British army.
After several emails full of love words from both sides we agreed to see each other.
And here it started - first, she asked me to send an email request to her "Commander" at [email protected] (thanks to my brother we figured out that it is a fraud email, but went on). So I did what she said, then she wrote me that everything is OK and they will contact me soon. They did - they asked for 650 Euro for logistics. Following official Britain Army site where is written that any personnel don’t have to pay for any transfer or logistics whatsoever I refused. She wrote me an email that she wants to cry now and stopped emailing me.
This Sheppard or who is he in real asked me again, I refused again and he stopped as well.

But they have my photographs and some information about my life. What do you suggest to do in this case? I don’t have Facebook profile, or Twitter profile, or any social site’s profile except some on military forums and tabletop miniature forums.

Should I post photos that I sent her here, just to let the people know? I will definitely post some she sent me. But I think that girl on photos is not her at all.

Thank you,
Sasha
Advertisement

#113098 by Bubbles Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:57 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Vostok. Your Endlish is good.

To answer your questions:
1. The information you shared is now beyond your control. Some times scammers will use photos of victims to scam others. Most likely though, they wanted you to send photos and information to see if you were a willing victim for them and if you would comply with what they request from you.

Scammers want to get money in the easiest way they know how. The information you sent them was not important to them.

2. Feel free to post the photos. Please follow the directions in my signature line. Most important is to deface the photos so scammers cannot lift the photos from here to use in their scams.

You are correct that the photos the scammer used are not of the scammer. The actual scammer is probably a young man and not a woman at all. Scammers often use photos of models to get your attention.

It is great that you recognized the scam and didn't get taken in by the scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#113151 by Vostok Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:06 am
Thank you Bubbles,

Ok, here are the links and pictures

Be careful everybody.

Edit to fix image links -Mike Wilson
#202019 by farangdate Sun May 18, 2014 6:47 pm
Hi Sasha

I am the owner of eedates.com. I am sorry you had this experience but thankfully you spotted something was wrong.

I hope this doesn't stop you using eedates.com. We do try very hard to remove scammers, both through automatic filters and by manual checks. Occasionally some do slip through the net though and we are working to minimize the scammers we miss.

If this user hasn't already been removed from the site could you please send me the link to their profile and I will certainly take action.

Thanks