Information on romance scams and scammers.
#81442 by lilmama Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:52 pm
I've been struck again..I can't get over how these "ppl" think that all women are vulnerable...Here's the latest email I've received from a "Capt. Augie Haro"

Hi Dear ,

Well here is a little about myself and as you already know my name is Capt Augie Haro and I was born and grew up in in Las Vegas NV later moved to Independence , MO after graduating from college. . I am the only child of my parents but its unfortunate both my parents are no more. I joined the Military academy at the age of 20. I was in the boarding school so my parents visit me once in a while. I didn't spend much time at home. My mom was a head teacher and dad was in the medical field.

I am a very Honest, Loving and caring person and love kids and animals allot, I love to eat out but also love to cook and eat in nice bottle of wine and cuddle up on the sofa together n watch a good movie and I love the outdoors come rain or shine love walking in the rain and doing silly things lol I like to go fishing, riding. walking by the sea and driving, love to travel, love the sun also love photography, I have a wonderful Daughter who I adore so much I am strictly a 1woman man ,.

I don't play games as I would hate it to be done to me ( which it has been and it hurts deeply) id be the happiest if I had a woman I could care for n love totally if she’s happy then I am that’s my main concern it’s also nice to have your own space to do things on our own whether is just curling up with a good book or just chilling out for a while listening to some music, I like all kinds of music but not into rap.lol..

I like to look good at all times but I am not into the mirror 24/7 if you look good you feel good n it shows you take pride in yourself, I can adapt to most situations and I can bring myself to nearly all levels of communication, love meeting people n talking and no matter what age or raciest respect my elders and I expect to have it returned, I treat all people the same I have no distinctions.

About my marital status was once married some years ago and I have a Daughter 16 years of age, I love her very much and she is all I have now, my relationship with my ex-wife was very comfortable and things were moving on for us until I lost her when she was to deliver my unborn daughter. I was really hurted and never thought I can marry again.
I did loosed total affection for women until recently when I sat down and realized that I was wrong about my decision and that I had to move on with my Life. I am willing to have a happy life again and I am looking for a nice and caring woman, who is responsible, loving, honest and is willing to be my soul mate as well as someone i can call my own, I need someone who is ready to commit..Hope this finds you well can't wait to hear from you back.
Take care and have a nice day

Augie Haro.

I found the exact same email on another scam site..word for word the same..

I just wanted to give you all a heads up with this one..You've helped me twice now...
Last edited by Bubbles on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.
Advertisement

#81461 by Bubbles Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 pm
lilmama wrote:I've been struck again..I can't get over how these "ppl" think that all women are vulnerable..

I don't believe scammers believe all women are vulnerable. They hope some are vulnerable. Many men get pulled into scams too. Doctors, lawyers, bricklayers and grandparents get pulled in.

Scammers don't care who you are. All they want is money. They will say and do anything to get money from people.

Thank you for posting this information for others to find. Information is POWER!

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#83600 by ratt84 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:53 pm
http://www.datanta.com/user-view_user-598141.html
david larvis
I'm a
Men from Victoria
Find Women
To Love
Am looking for a true lover.I think in order to create a strong and happy family a husband and a wi
We certify that this user is 100% real and responds to emails that interest you?
In: Australia Victoria
Nacionality: Australia
Language: English Language
Second Language: English Language
Marital Status: Widowed
Do you have children? Yes
Do you want children? I don't know
Politics: libertarian
Height: 5'11
Body Type: Athletic
Eyes: green Eyes
Weight - Pounds: 52
Do you drink?: Yes
Do you smoke?: Yes
Headline: i am a honest and a kind man

I define myself: Well here is a little about myself and as you already know my name is Charles and I was born a half Italian and half American. I am the only child of my parents but its unfortunate both my parents are no more. I joined the Military academy at the age of 16. I was in the boarding school so my parents visit me once in a while. I didn't spend much time at home. My mom was a head teacher and dad was in the medical field.
does this sound familiar :lol:

#107847 by Spook Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:10 am
Make that triplets! :laugh-s:

http://us1.badoo.com/01216506991/
Prince, 50
New York, NY, United States
About me
I am honest, kind, attention, reflection, humor, calm, free thinkers, trust, respect for the lives of others and i consider myself a romantic, I do not think life is about passion "of old. This is actually mate more comfortable. I am a nice person who loves people, loves to laugh too.
Looking for
I am looking for a woman with a good heart , a woman of my heart , a woman i will feel happy when am always with her, the woman i can spend the rest of my life with.

#108133 by Spook Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm
Oasis
abana97616
Male 54 United Kingdom
I am a caring,honest man
York (East Riding of Yorkshire) | England | United Kingdom

Image Image
#108464 by Spook Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:27 am
http://eu1.badoo.com/0283613947/?r=2HIf2&p=13#h190
Bob 49, Birmingham, UK
About me
I like the thrill and excitement that life has to offer. I’m an adoring and affectionate mate, somewhat smothering a woman with attention… am a very kind compassionate caring giving and very sincere person who laughs easily, loves to tease and be teased and who communicates openly and honestly... I believe in honor, manners, ethics and treating people with respect and look for the same qualities. … I adore children and animals and feel very protective towards the innocent. I love the outdoors and especially the water. I believe I was born to be of service to others as a British Army. I feel most at peace and most alive when making a difference in another's life, I find the divine in nature; I value knowledge, justice, mercy and truth. I’m passionate about making a difference. I believe that everyone has a responsibility to give back to their community and those that benefit more from it have a greater obligation.
Looking for
I'm looking for a woman who is open to a new friendship and maybe even a committed relationship that will lead to marriage. Am not just looking for someone to be with or just a one night stand but a woman who will be there for me, who will be very loving, honest, caring and committed to home, marriage and family

#114247 by Moxymac Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:51 pm
I've just been contacted by him as Dustin Smith - 49 from Lambeth, London. He says he's in the Royal Military Police and now deployed to Camp Bastion. His uniform and cap badge don't match with this tho. He asked to go on the webcam but as soon as I asked if I would be able to see him - oh dear he had to go !!
He's using dustin.smith155 as his Yahoo login. I've now had three different Scammers in one day - this is just beyond a joke.
#114268 by Spook Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm
Moxymac wrote:I've just been contacted by him as Dustin Smith - 49 from Lambeth, London. He says he's in the Royal Military Police and now deployed to Camp Bastion. His uniform and cap badge don't match with this tho. He asked to go on the webcam but as soon as I asked if I would be able to see him - oh dear he had to go !!
He's using dustin.smith155 as his Yahoo login. I've now had three different Scammers in one day - this is just beyond a joke.

http://www.mingles.com/dustins155&expand=1/
Meet dustins155...

angels are forever
Hello! I am a happy, optimistic, kind man who loves to "grab life by the throat! You could say, I have a "zest for life"!I can be spontaneous - which makes for a lot of fun - and I can also be measured and organized.You will never be bored with me!I enjoy adventures - both large and small.I have climbed the highest mountain in the Spanish Pyrenees, snorkelled in the Indian Ocean, and surfed in Hawaii.As you can tell, I love to travel and experience new cultures. I I also take great pleasure in lifes simple things.I am not a hedonist!I am not superficial!I am passioante about lots of issues!I care about those less fortunate than myself and like to volunteer my time for causes / situations I care deeply about - gosh!, - that sounds like blurb from generic dating sites! It happens to be true of me none the less!I enjoy laughing and making others laugh too. I am sincere, compassionate, funny, thoughtful and empathetic.I'm not perfect and don't expect you to be either! I am not looking for "Ms. Perfect" as no such person exists. I am certainly not "Mr. Perfect" either but am a work in progress.I'm hoping to meet a woman of integrity who is "comfortable in her own skin" , is emotionally healthy (not perfect!) and who loves to laugh, to travel and who has a zest for life.I am looking for a woman with whom I can "click" and she can "click" with me - where our personalities work well together and where we are unafraid to work at issues in the relationship.Hopefully, will fall in love and live happily ever after! Isn't that the reason you are on this site and are reading my profile?Send me a message I will respond..you can add me on yahoo im with [email protected] or msn with [email protected] chat so we can chat and share pictures and know each other..im new to this dating site..