Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#4852 by Charles Fox Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:28 am
A variant on the standard next of kin letter, this slimeball pretends he is dying of cancer and wants to donate his money to charity, through you. later he will ask you to open a bank account with a fake 'Bank Manager' who will charge you thousands...

Rees Vivian Paul <forthehomeofGod> wrote:

Dear Friend,

My name is Mr. Rees Vivian Paul, a merchant in London, but taking
Treatment in Tokyo , Japan now I have been diagnosed with prostate
and esophageal cancer that was discovered very late due to lack of
caring for my health.
I have only about a few months to live according to medical experts.
I am looking for someone reliable and trusted that can use
my($46,200M)for the less privileges and orphanage homes. Since i
cant survive this illness.

Please you can contact me through this email address:
[email protected]
Warm Greetings from,
Rees Vivian Paul.

Follow up email:

Dear Partner,

I have received your mail and I must first of all show my appreciation, over
the fact that you have given heed, to the entreaty of a dying man. Like I had
told you in my previous mail, I lived a very reckless life. When I discovered
this ailment, it dawned on me that I had been living a very vain life. I got your email while searching for assistance through the internet, I decided to chose yours if you can be of help to me.

Then the need to affect the lives of those in need became very paramount in
my thoughts. This appears to be a case of mercy after death as I no longer
have the strength to do those things I used to do when I was still very full
of life. My dear friend, in my resolve to actualize my dying wish, I have been
able to support charity to a very large extent around the Middle East and Europe.

Then my health became a sorry tale, that at this particular point in time, I live
at the mercy of various drugs and operations, which certainly cannot remedy
anything. My close family members are however not happy with the way I have disbursed everything of mine to the motherless babies and the less privileged.

That was why they failed to help me actualize my dream of supporting charity.
They held for themselves the funds I made available and went as far as even trying to terminate my life when the hour (though very short) has not come. All my relations have been severed and they are of the opinion that the last of my money goes to them for their selfish desires. Incidentally, the sum of forty six million two hundred thousand dollars ($46,200,000) lies in a bank in Europe . I kept that money in case I face any mishap in life.

That is the last I have here on earth after my medical bills have been estimated and all expenses paid. These funds I wish to entrust to you, to help propagate the works of charity where you reside. By so doing, I would need your utmost sincerity and honesty to carry the venture along successfully.

It would be required of you to furnish me with your full names and address, telephone and fax numbers and any form of identity like a scan copy of your international passport or driver license to enable me put a letter to my lawyer ,he will be assisting you in putting all documents in place making you the eligible beneficiary to my funds with the bank in London and all the document will be sent straight to the bank by my attorney for security reasons.

Once this is done, you shall make arrangements with them and the funds would be transferred to your location.

I beg of you to deal with me honestly and render me your assistance to the fullest of your capacity. You would be helping a dying man. Most importantly you would be touching the lives of a huge number of people.

I hope I would be able to count on you as my happiness rest in your shoulder and please you have to be close your computer for fluent interaction between us.

My bones are slowly cleaving to my skin. I hope to hear from you as soon as possible. May God continue to bless you and your family

Warmest Regards,

Rees Vivian Paul

Wow! I need you and thank you for the information.

I am SO GLAD YOU BURST MY BUBBLE

So I can close this chapter with no more fretting, right? Thanks so much for your help.
Advertisement

#357696 by Viv2206 Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:04 am
My name is Vivian Paul REES, in 2005 i fell victim to an online scammer who i later found to be living in Nigeria, somehow through a Business transaction he managed to get hold of my passport copy, supposedly carrying out due diligence to do business with my business at the time which was a New Car Leasing Company.

The scammer seamed very genuine, informing me that he was also trading in the UK and lived in London, the person then sent me his documents by fax and in return i sent off my bank details for payments which he was to make by direct debit, a copy of my VAT certificate also my Passport and drivers license as proof of personal id, this i did after confirming with the Inland Revenue and VAT office that this was indeed acceptable practice, they gave me written confirmation and the rest is history as they say.

Please be warned do not give out your Business details to anyone, as this exercise has caused me so much heart ache personally and from a business point.

My details were used in all kinds of scam letters being sent to innocent victims, they were very clever slightly changing the way my name was written in the scam letter, also they used my company headed paper and vat number to scam millions of euros of VAT in a European Carousel Scam, thanks to VAT offices in uk, they managed to cancel all the VAT claims made by these fraudsters only because upon travelling to Romania on Business i was arrested on suspicion of internal VAT fraud, upon further investigations it really became obvious to the Police and VAT offices around Europe, this was fraud on a massive scale, leaving me a damaged innocent party.

So people be warned if asked to confirm your ID'S for Business Purposes, decline !!!!!!!!

This has taken me 10 years to clear my name, and yet i still have 3 postings on Google to clear before my life is back on track.

Yours Sincerely

Viv Rees