Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#1610 by avoidscam Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:48 pm
:evil: hi check this and keep away from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email: [email protected]
Company: Cv.Mustika Store
Linkman: Jason Raymond
Tel: +62-61-77059638
Fax: +62-61-77059639
Country indonesia
Address: Jl. Bulungan No: 76

Company: ton247ltd
Linkman: ton wong
Tel: +852-2-5679292
Fax: +852-2-5679292
Country hong kong
Address: 123 kotawoga road hong kong

Company: EuroElec Limited
Linkman: Anthony Briggs
Tel: +44-0-7024038279
Fax: +44-0-7024038280
Country united kingdom
Address:
[/b]
Advertisement

#1614 by ColinWarrins Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:09 pm
Hi and welcome. Do you have any additional information to share regarding these emails/websites?

Email: Colin.Warrins at Scamwarners dot com
#1632 by avoidscam Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:56 pm
just keep away from this people they are from www.ecvv.com after you pay for any item and wait for shipping..this MF... ask you for send more money becase cant send just one item ...lol im trying to stop all this scammers , swindlers.
so thank for everybody doing this!!!!!
#1633 by scamkiller Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:58 pm
i already post some in fraudwatchers.com keep helping!!!!!!!!!!!
#1634 by scamkiller Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:01 pm
this people are a frauders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not scammers , they send the goods but...men just trash!!!!!!! broken, anyway you pay for nothing!!!!!!!!!!
#1657 by scamkiller Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:30 pm
it not a competition all this is about to try to stop this fake people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1658 by ChrisSmith Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:42 pm
Hi Scamkiller.

This site is about stopping scammers as you quite rightly state. But as with anything else, further information is needed before we can flag anything as a scam.

I'm afraid that just stating "This is a scam" is not sufficient evidence. We have to be very careful here that we do not implicate third parties who may be innocent of any accusations.

My first thought was that this is what we call a "Phone lad" - a quite common scam. But as I said, without anything to back that idea up, it can only be conjecture and therefore is entirely open to question. The fact that you state that these people actually do send a paid for item as opposed to the OP's claim that nothing is sent does raise serious question marks though.

I hope you understand the request for more information. It's both the logical and the correct thing to ask for.

#1788 by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 pm
The whois check for the web site ecvv.com reveals this :
Domain Name: ECVV.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.ECVV.COM
Name Server: NS2.ECVV.COM
Updated Date: 06-mar-2007
Creation Date: 17-nov-2003
Expiration Date: 17-nov-2016

Which doesn't sound like a 'phone-lad' web-site, they tend to be recently created and for 1 year only, this one is in it for the long run.

Running the name through Google, and even adding the word 'fraud' with it, reveals nothing other than the fraudwatchers site mentioned above.

www.brand2008.com on the other hand, displays all the warning signs you might expect. 1 year web-site, e-mail contacts are all yahoo and hotmail, payment is by Western Union or Moneygram or Bank of China.
There are spelling mistakes aplenty.
They claim to be gold members of made-in-china.com but the logo is wrong.
All this would make me very suspicious of them. I think they bear further investigation.

#1789 by Inspector Gadget Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:43 pm
^Above post be me, sorry, got logged out while investigating.

#1794 by johnny5 Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:26 pm
ecvv.com @ archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ECVV.COM
Was a networksolutions holding page for a bit,
then a purely-chinese page,
then it blocked all indexing until Feb 2006,
It took something close to it's current form in about April 2006

The current copyright says 2003 - 2007 and in each snapshot says 2003 - {year of snapshot}

The links are SEO-based. I have experience in SEOing sites and it's often quite a tricky job, nothing a scammer would go to the trouble of doing (though it could have been made for him/her... but then the product range is so large I don't think it was).

But there's one overriding thing... one thing that to me proves it's legit... I can't buy anything. I can flag products and "inquire" about them (which goes in with the idea of the site's claim - leads to trade) but I can't seem to find a way to hand money to them even if I try.

So I'm gonna say legit site until evidence appears to dispute that.

Edit: Note I'm actually commenting on the main ecvv.com site... not any subdomains as the OP is complaining about. However my verdict extends to them since subdomains can only be held by the site owner, or if they're leasing out webspace - which they don't appear to be.
#1803 by colonel Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:33 pm
I was a member of the ECVV website a while back. They would e-mail notices of special buys every week. You had to set up info when you joined about how many containers you would order at a time, etc. The store was a little odd- I could select items until my 2 containers were full and that was it. I have not seen anything from them for a few months.
#1820 by scamkiller Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:34 pm
ok ecvv not is the problem , same like alibaba..the problem are the people sell his products i mean offer products in that web site!!!! be careful ok? we never say ecvv are a scammers we try to say some fake company have his offers on that place...like EUROELEC, MUSKITA.AND JERRY247LTD AND THEY ARE F...SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1823 by johnny5 Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:38 pm
I'm still confused as to how they scam you.
I tried mustika, ton247ltd and euroelec

ton247 is not working and the other two behave like the main ecvv site - I can't find any way to give them money.

You still haven't shown any evidence as to why they are scammers. I'd also be interested to know how the sites work, because all I can get is "contact us" and trade leads.

Normally scammers go straight for payment, none of this contact stuff.

Also, I realise you're trying to make a point, but repeated !!!!!!! is just plain annoying.
#1828 by SCAMKILLER Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 pm
OK DO YOU WANNA FIND HOW THEY SCAM?????????? GO AND ORDER SOME OK? AND U WILL SEE