Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#8558 by Ralph Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:28 am
Here is another email forwarded to me by a member of the public

This is a fairly standard Next of Kin (NOK) scam, in order for you to receive your share of the inheritance you will need to pay up front fees, of course the fee requests will never stop and no money will actually ever be sent to you

A search on the email address will reveal other examples of the scam Click Here
A search on the opening scropit can be sen by Clicking Here
This scammer has also learnt how to manipulate IP addresses and a check on the IP will seem as though the scammer actually is in the US, I am fairly confident that is not the case but there is a very remote chance tha the is, although not likely

----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 9:49:02 PM
Subject: Re: Your Compliance Is Needed

My name is Frank Chambers I am a Diplomat from the Caribbean’s, mandated to deliver your inheritance to you in your country of residence. The sum of US$7.5 Million and you were made the beneficiary of these funds by a benefactor whose details will be revealed to you after handing over the funds to you in accordance with the Agreement I signed with the benefactor when he enlisted my assistance in delivering the funds to you.

I am presently at JFK Airport in the United States of America and before I can deliver the funds to you, as to ensure that I am dealing with the right person, you are advised to reconfirm your Full Names, Direct Telephone Numbers, Residential Address, Age and Occupation so that there will be no error during the delivery of the funds to you in your residential address.

After verification of the information with what I have on file, I shall contact you so that we can make arrangements on the exact time will be bringing your package to your residential address.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Frank Chambers.
Advertisement