Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#8512 by Peta Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 am
This is an example of a scammer who is managing his exposure to risk. I received these two scam email very recently and though they appear to be the same, the first email directs victims to reply to [email protected] while the second email directs victims to reply to [email protected] . It is still the same scammer and the scam will play out the same way no matter which email address a victim uses. The victim will be told to contact a fake Barrister/Lawyer/Attorney and demands for the payment of fees will soon flow in. The scammer has done this in order to lessen the risk of losing all his victims should one of the email accounts be closed down. No doubt he is recording all the victims' details as they respond anyway.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from phpmailer ([41.222.192.88])
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:57:38 -0400
Subject: A recommendation from a friend

C/177 FIFAJI close ZOGBOWE Cotonou
BENIN REPUBLIC.

Dearest Friend ,

It is my great pleasure and the trust which I have on you, though we have not met before, neither have we seen for the first time, but before I pick up your E-mail contact and write to you I prayed over it that God should direct me to a trustworthy and God fearing partner who will help me to invest this money in a good business of his choice and expartise.

For this will permit me to go into business relationship with you, since I have made up my mind to make this money transfer with you. My name is Mrs Comfort Ibruni 43 years old the wife of Late Benjamin Okon Ibruni who was a Gold Marchant in Cotonou Republic of Benin and i have only one child his name is RUBEN.

My husband was poisoned to death by his business associate on one of their business outings to Accra Ghana,on 19th Oct 2007. Before the death of my husband on the 26th December 2007 in a private hospital here. He sincerely called me on his bed side and told me that he had a sum of ($5M US.DOLLARS) which he deposited in Finance Firm.

He also used his name to Deposit the money and explained to me that it was because of his wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates, That i should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purposes, I want you to assist me by investing this money into a good business and also be a guardian over this money I am honourably seeking for your assistance in the following ways.

(1)To assist me to transfer this money into your account successfully
(2)To provide a trust bank account where this money would be transfered
(3)To make arrangement for me and my son to come over to your country for investment,
(4)To help find admission in a good university to enable him finish his educational career in your country.

In line with this,am willing to offer you 30% percent of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successfull transfer of this fund in your safe account Below informations is what i need from you so that the bank can start this transfer immediately without delay.

Your Bank name and addres together with Account Number Your direct Telephone and Fax Numbers and Your full name and address. On receipt of the above mentioned informations, I believe that this transaction would be concluded within 7 working days as the bank Director promised me that he will commence on the transfer immediately if i provide a bank account for remittance.

I am waiting to hear from you soonest. Please reply to our private Email: [email protected]

Thanks and God bless you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,
Mrs Comfort Ibruni and Son.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from phpmailer ([41.222.192.88])
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 01:54:03 -0400
Subject: A recommendation from a friend

C/177 FIFAJI close ZOGBOWE Cotonou
BENIN REPUBLIC.

Dearest Friend ,

It is my great pleasure and the trust which I have on you, though we have not met before, neither have we seen for the first time, but before I pick up your E-mail contact and write to you I prayed over it that God should direct me to a trustworthy and God fearing partner who will help me to invest this money in a good business of his choice and expartise.

For this will permit me to go into business relationship with you, since I have made up my mind to make this money transfer with you. My name is Mrs Comfort Ibruni 43 years old the wife of Late Benjamin Okon Ibruni who was a Gold Marchant in Cotonou Republic of Benin and i have only one child his name is RUBEN.

My husband was poisoned to death by his business associate on one of their business outings to Accra Ghana,on 19th Oct 2007. Before the death of my husband on the 26th December 2007 in a private hospital here. He sincerely called me on his bed side and told me that he had a sum of ($5M US.DOLLARS) which he deposited in Finance Firm.

He also used his name to Deposit the money and explained to me that it was because of his wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates, That i should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purposes, I want you to assist me by investing this money into a good business and also be a guardian over this money I am honourably seeking for your assistance in the following ways.

(1)To assist me to transfer this money into your account successfully
(2)To provide a trust bank account where this money would be transfered
(3)To make arrangement for me and my son to come over to your country for investment,
(4)To help find admission in a good university to enable him finish his educational career in your country.

In line with this,am willing to offer you 30% percent of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successfull transfer of this fund in your safe account Below informations is what i need from you so that the bank can start this transfer immediately without delay.

Your Bank name and addres together with Account Number Your direct Telephone and Fax Numbers and Your full name and address. On receipt of the above mentioned informations, I believe that this transaction would be concluded within 7 working days as the bank Director promised me that he will commence on the transfer immediately if i provide a bank account for remittance.

I am waiting to hear from you soonest. Please reply to our private Email: [email protected]

Thanks and God bless you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,
Mrs Comfort Ibruni and Son.
Advertisement