Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#8497 by aker333 Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 am
Well First off there's is no such company and secondly he has some pathetic things like he played the God card and claiming he told me...or maybe not... :twisted: ...but really who does he think hes fooling I'm 16...not stupid

"Barry Oil Company PLC." <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients
Dear Friend.

How are you?. Is Been a long time . How are you? hope all is fine? You might find it so difficult to remember me. Though, it is indeed, a very long time.On my singular,am much delighted and privileged to contact you again, after couple of Months now. It takes courage and God's fearing to remember old friends and at the same time, to show gratification to them, despite circumstances that made things,not worked out as we projected then That Time.

I take this liberty to inform you that, the $11.800.000.00 Million Dollars transaction we were pursing together That i told About some months Ago Or maybe i didnt Tell you if i Forget to, finally worked.God Has Done It For Me. and I decided to contact you, just to let you know.due to your tremendous effort and contribution to make things work Before Then. Meanwhile, I must inform you that, I am presently in Berlin GERMANY for numerous business negotiations and establishment.

I just arrived yesterday night And checked inn, in a hotel and decided to go down to the hotel CyberCafe Internet. to mail you. Now, with my sincere heart, I have raised and signed an International Cashier's Bank Draft, to the tune of USD$120,000.00 (ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND DECIMAL0-0 UNITED STATES DOLLARS) Only in your name as COMPENSATION to your dedication,humanity and contribution Towards Your Effort .I wasnt Able to Send It to you Because of My VISA & Departure to Germany expire.

So I Droped It with my Secretary. Mr Kenneth Clergy. Now I will Like You to, contact Him So That He will send to You The Bank Draft Fast.

My Secretary Information.
Mr Kenneth Clergy.( My Secretary)
E-mail:([email protected])

Send to her, the following :
1.YOUR FULL NAME & ADDRESS
2.YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER

I Have Informed Him to Send Your ICBD to your Residence Address or Office Address you provided to Him OK. Feel free to reach via His E-mail address. Most importantly, the ICBD has only validity period of 31 banking days.

So, your early response to that effect, shall be admired. You have to mind the days on route shipment. Also Don't Expose This Massage To Anybody, So that the Draft will not be send to a wrong person ok.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr Barry White.
CEO.MANAGING DIRECTOR
Barry Oil Company PLC.

Pathetic ain't it? :wink:
Advertisement

#8498 by The Enchantress Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 pm
Welcome again acer333.

Yes most scam mails are pathetic, but some people do become victims to these scammers. Thank you again for posting this information. It really does help alert others.

We at Scamwarners always advise searching using engines such as google because many clues can be found that way that will show evidence of scams.

Note for instance this simple search on the company;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=opera&rls=en&q=%22Barry+Oil+Company+PLC%22&btnG=Search

Many other parts of mails can produce similar proofs. Searches on names, mail addresses, phone numbers etc.

There are a great many scams and scammers active, but I firmly believe that education and common sense can make a big difference saving many from being scammed.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.