Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#8362 by Ralph Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:40 pm
This scam ahsa fairly simple and standard format
Lie to gain interest
Try to instill trust (ironically with lies)
Make you feel compassion
Awaken any hidden desire for a better life
and then to steal every last cent you can get your hands onto

Google will provide endless scam related hits on this email but I have only done one search

Click Here to see a search result on some of the text

----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 2:22:13 PM
Subject: Beloved In Christ: I Crave Your Sincerity.

Dearly Beloved,

My name is Paula Hamilton. I was married to the Late Dr. Edward Hamilton before he died
on February 2nd 2005 after a brief illness.
According to my Late Husband, “Life is a misery and nobody can tell what can be of it;
those that can tell what can be of it are those who cannot tell us because they are far
from us (Dead)”. Before the painful death of my Late Husband, he worked with the
American Embassy in Malaysia for Nine Years before he retired and went into full time
Ministry.

Before I begin my story, it is important that I let you know who my Late Husband was by
stating vividly his philosophy of life “Life is worth living only if lived to the
service of mankind and you can only make a living by what you earn, but you make life
by what you give”
To start my story, I was married to my Late Husband for Fifteen Years without a Child
and since his death I decided not to re-marry; this is basically my own decision to
honor him for the love we shared and the life we lived together.

Before the death of my Husband, we made something out of life and this I have decided
to use in setting up a Charity Organization in Honor of my Late Husband.The sum of Nine
Million, Two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars (USD. 9.2 Mil) is at presently in
the Custody of an accredited Finance Company in United Kingdom. This amount of money
was deposited by my Late Husband in 2004 and we both agreed to use these funds to
propagate the Work of God.

I was earlier this Month diagnosed of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) and my Doctor
has told me that I would not last for the next Three Months due to damage this cancer
has done to my Body.Having known my condition, I have decided to entrust this funds to
an honest Individual who will utilize this money in the manner at which the funds are
meant for. Once I have received your response to this mail, I shall direct you to
contact my Attorney for further clarifications and possible advice and Documents naming
you the original Beneficiary of these funds will be sent to you as we are proceeding
further in this matter.

Beloved, I choose this means to locate you because I am sure that I will be led to the
kind of person that will be totally honest with me. Due to my health condition, delay
in your reply will not be of any benefit to me and this will propel me to search for
someone else.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I have stated above and kindly send
me your reply through my personal email address [email protected] and
[email protected]

In His Arms
Mrs. Paula Hamilton.
Advertisement