Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#8086 by apple2011 Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:05 pm
I received this email last week and I want to try it out, but I've done some research and it sounded fishy. Can you guys help me out? Her name Janet Ferguson, their website is this vipeden.co.cc.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Janet Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Rui Li !
Having considered your resume from job base CareerBuilder, I would like to offer you perspective, interesting vacancy of the online manager in sphere of hotel service.
You can receive training during work. No need to put any money, except for a set of the best human qualities and time. This job does not require you to leave your main occupation.
No significant experience is necessary and there are no training fees at all.
The online manager’s work consists of:
Making contracts on tenancy of the house, including search of lodgers, online, telephone support with clients, and making contracts with tour operators.
Requirements:
- Citizenship of Northern America;
- Age at least 21;
- Computer knowledge in MS Office, Email, Internet;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to details;
- Opportunity to check your email several times a day
Work in network Internet at home.
The schedule of work is 3-4 hours per day, except for Sunday. (Part-Time Position)
Payment is 24000 $ per year. (500 $ is in a week) + the paid vacation for 1 week on a resort of the Mediterranean.
Please reply to this mail if you have interested my offer.
I will send you detailed information with the description and specificity of work..
Sincerely, Janet Ferguson.
You are welcome!

Dear Janet Ferguson:

Thank you for the e-mail. I'm interested in this position, and I would love to have more information about your service and the position that you are hiring. I would like to know where's your firm located and if you have a website please could you send it to me? I like to understand more about your service.

I would appreciate the opportunity.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Dear Rui . I am glad that my offer has interested you.
I can offer you work which can become for you hobby or the beginning of new career. I have the modern house (small hotel) at the southern coast of an island Cyprus. Constant clients do not forget about the house but every month I have deals with the new people, wishing to have a vacation on the Mediterranean Sea. It is not convenient to me to speak about my age but I had an anniversary recently and I am already 70 years old. In my years many women prefer a quiet life near to children and grandsons. But so happens that I have remained alone. And it’s necessary for me to find disciplined, decent person who will partially become to operate the affairs connected with my house on the island.
Visiting of doctors and various medical procedures take away a lot of time. Sometimes I am late to contact with the future clients about granting services in VipEdenHotel. It is necessary to contact with travel agencies every week and enter into a contract on cooperation in search of clients for rent of rooms. Plus I participate in charity and I try to help the people who requiring usual material things. These duties demand much physical energy and time.
Lately about 3000 clients visited VipEdenHotel: 1200 clients from Canada, 700 from the USA and about 1100 clients from Australia. It is easier to advertise hotel to English-speaking citizens from the countries with a high standard of living and presence of middle class having the representative on continents.
Also to create unostentatious advertising actions for constant and future clients via regular mail and phone. Quantity of rooms is small and I prefer to work with people who visited VipEdenHotel in the past. I am interested in attraction of new tenants. For example, pairs, who wishing to lead wedding travel or the families, wishing to have rest after heavy working season. VipEdenHotel is not created for aggressive youth or intimate entertainments. The hotel is very dear to my heart. A resort season is only ahead. It is necessary 1 online manager for hotel from Northern America. Your location is important for me to involve new clients and not allow forgetting about hotel to the clients who have visited VipEdenHotel earlier.
I search for the assistant, wishing to work with enthusiasm and good intentions. It is not easy to find the person having intelligence and open heart.
Probably, my offer will change your life in the best way. Work which I wish to offer depends on habitual means of the communications.
Online the manager’s duties:
1. To provide stable rent of rooms in hotel. To sign contracts with travel agencies for addition characteristics of rooms on Cyprus in databases (working tools: phone and e-mail)
2. To keep in contact with constant clients. To arrange advertising actions. For example: sending invitation post cards, virtual cards. (working tools: a computer)
3. To provide new, constant clients with the information on the innovations connected with hotel (a computer and phone)
4. Sometimes to receive an advance payment for accommodation in hotel and a complex of the services connected with rest in hotel from the future clients. (working tool: the bank account. Preferably new account)
5. In due time to contact with the guide on the Greek Cyprus for comfortable accommodation of the future clients in hotel.
We gradually will study these items during cooperation. And certainly I will help you with training and consistently instruct about each step which is necessary for our labour activity.
You can think that these 5 items are elementary?! But any work demands attention and aspirations to make everything in time. It is complex to define internal qualities of the worker via the Internet. Everyone has chance to work in-home.
Creative dialogue with people, politeness, and calmness will promote online manager in qualitative care of the house. The real estate without tenants is only a beautiful heap of building materials. This letter has personal character, because I am not the employer-giant. The respect between employees or the head and worker should be always.
You can find the information about hotel on web-page: vipeden.co.cc
Thanks for attention. I will wait for your answer.

Best regards, Janet Ferguson..

Dear Janet:

Thank you for sending me the additional information. And sorry to replying to you this late, I caught a really bad flu two days ago. I have checked your website, and I really interested in this position. But I still have some more information that I need to ask about, like if I got hired how am I getting pay? And for training are you going to show me through E-mail? Well since your hotel is located over seas, I'm afraid that there will be some complications, if you think that will not be the problem then I would like to try it out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Rui Li

Sometimes you will receive deposits from the future clients of hotel on your bank account.
And from the deposit you will keep 500 USD as payment of your work.
But you will not receive deposits from clients every day or every week. Sending of the deposit to your account will depend on location of the future client. As a rule, 2-3 times in a month I have problems with delivery of the deposit from client VipEdenHotel because the cashier of bank of the sender makes a mistake. Also it’s not known where transfer vanishes because requisites of my bank account in Cyprus have been written incorrectly. And if clients live in the USA or Canada the deposit can be delivered to the American or Canadian account in time because it is hard to make a mistake in bank requisites of the American account, especially.
When deposits are not delivered to your account, I will pay to you 500 USD via Paypal, MoneyGram or Western Union.

Now I will inform that you should make at this stage.
1. Required document for verification: a state or nationally issued photo ID card with an expiration date, for example, a Passport, National ID Card or a Driver's license.
To pass the procedure of identity verification in order to prevent fraudulent registrations, you are required to send a scan to my e-mail
Note: I require the above documents since you will be hired over the Internet, in order to verify your identity, location and background.
This is done to protect ourselves and our clients from fraud.
2. Download the contract from this letter in format MS Word.
Familiarize with all treaty provisions closely. Fill the contract and send me a copy via e-mail.
3. Please, begin process of registration of the new account in Bank of America or Citibank for receiving of deposits from clients and the earned payment. From the moment of receiving of the first deposit, you will earn every week 500 American dollars stably. Also make for the new account function online banking. For example: one of clients VipEden Hotel has made transfer on your account. You and I should have access to the account that I could notify you during on receiving of deposits.
Also 1 time in 3 months I should have an opportunity to make total statistics of all credit and debit during your work with VipEden Hotel that to not have a problem with payment of taxes from my party.
Telephone cards for dialogue with clients and other accompanying charges connected with online marketing for hotel will not be included in your earned payment. When your new account will be ready, write to me about it.
If you cannot register the account in Bank of America or Citibank then you can open the new account in any Credit Union.
All the data you will be providing to me is to be considered sensitive and not to be disclosed to anyone, under any circumstances except if legal measures are applied and I am ordered to do so by a court of law.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Best regards, Janet Ferguson.

Dear Janet:
I really appreciate for the information that you sent, and I also have read the contract, but there still a lot of thing that I’m concern about. I’m sorry for the rudeness, but I have some questions that I want to ask you before proceed to the next step. I have done some research and I see you are US representative I am wondering are you currently resident in US? If you are I would like to talk to you through phone. Since it will involve with opening a bank account and my personal documents, I don’t feel very comfortable of giving out something that personal to the employer before understanding more about your background. I’m sorry to being rude, but to avoid fraud I have to make sure this is for real.
I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.
Rui
[url][list=][/list][/url]

And this is the copy of the contract:

VIPEDEN HOTEL
Employee Agreement
This Agreement has been concluded between _________________________, hereinafter referred to as Online Manager, on the one hand and VIPEDEN HOTEL hereinafter referred to as Company, on the other hand. Both parties shall be referred to as Parties collectively. The objective of present Agreement is to define the rights and liabilities of the Parties in the context of providing services.

In witness thereof, this Agreement has been executed by the Parties hereto.

1. General Provisions
The Parties agree to comply with the terms and conditions of the present Agreement. Now therefore, in consideration of the mutual covenants herein contained, the Parties hereto agree as follows:

According to the present Agreement the Online Manager is obliged to manage Clients' assets, in particular, to accept and redirect Clients' assets, transferred to his supervision by the Client according to the property law, acting according to the interests of the Client and of the Company while the present Agreement is in force.
Asset management in sense of the present Agreement is understood as professional activity of the Online Manager consisting of a complex of legal and actual transactions with asset portfolio, and also with assets acquired during execution of the present Agreement, with the purpose of receiving the greatest possible profit.

You will be hired as a contract employee on a 1099 basis. The company withholds no taxes from you and issues a 1099 form at the end of the year. For registeration and making Employee`s tax payments by Enterprise ,an additional information is needed:(date of birth- DOB)

2. Rights of the Parties
Providing asset management, the Online Manager has the right in limits stipulated by the present Agreement, for any legal and actual actions in the interests of the Company. These rights are to commit any transactions (to dispose, to transfer in the deposit, any other transactions), and also independently and on its own behalf to exercise all rights provided by the securities, in his possession, received as a result of management of money resources.

2.1. The Online Manager Rights
The Online Manager performs the services set forth herein and receives compensation for his services.

The Online Manager shall not be liable for any expense incurred due to his/her incidental settlement of accounts or collection fee paid.

2.2. The Company's Rights
The Company has the right to receive services from the Online Manager in the scope and to the extent stipulated by the present Agreement.

3. Responsibilities of the Parties

3.1. The Online Manager Responsibilities
In accordance with the present legal document the Online Manager undertakes to provide transaction services and the Company undertakes to accept and to pay for the services rendered in the amount and terms, stipulated by the terms of the present Agreement.

The Online Manager agrees to strictly follow the provisions of the present Agreement.

The Online Manager is obliged to provide all documents upon demand of the Company necessary for the accomplishment by the Online Manager of his job.
Within the scope of the Agreement the Online Manager shall confirm his legal status of residence in the country and therefore has to provide copies of Identification documents (Passport or Driver License) to the Company as required, as well as his address and telephone number to be contacted by the Senior Manager (mobile, work, home).
The Online Manager is obliged to the status of payment collection manager during the fulfillment of Clients' assets management.
The Online Manager agrees to spend at least 1-2 business hours per day to execute the job to full satisfaction of the Company and the Clients.

The Online Manager payment 31000 $ in a year. (500 $ in a week) + the paid vacation for 1 week on a resort of the Mediterranean The amount, which after acceptance to the representative's account is acknowledged as the Company's assets, should be transferred in accordance with the details and via the payment system specified by the Company within 24 business hours.

3.1.1 Fines
After receiving a transfer after every day of delay from the worker’s side the fine is imposed in the amount of 2 % of the amount of transfer (fine charging starts in 24 hours after receiving Online Manager’s transfer).

3.2. Company's Responsibilities
The Company agrees to observe all provisions of the Agreement and to facilitate execution of services by the Online Manager to the extent generally agreed by the present Agreement, and therefore to advise the Online Manager on all questions related to co-operation during the duration period of the Agreement as stipulated herein.

The Company undersigns to inform the Online Manager about transfers to his account no later than within one business day after the transaction is effected and to give further instructions.

The Company agrees to pay the Online Manager for services rendered hereunder a commission, individually discussed before the transaction, and varying from 7% to 10% for all amounts collected.

The Company agrees to follow the Company's Terms and Conditions , as well as the Privacy Policy (these can be found on the official Company's website), and therefore not to provide any personal Online Manager 's information to any third party hereafter.

If it is necessary to transfer via MG we take upon ourselves all financial expenses of transportation costs till the nearest point.

4. Governing Law
The Parties bear responsibility for non-performance or inadequate performance of their liabilities in the context of the present Agreement in accordance with the governing law of the Canada and with respect of the provisions of the present Agreement.

5. Force Majeure
Neither Party shall be liable for any delay or nonperformance of any provision of the present Agreement due to force majeure circumstances arising after the date of conclusion of the Agreement.

The following circumstances shall be acknowledged as force majeure events: fire, explosion, flood or other natural and industrial catastrophe; terror; warfare; strikes or labor difficulties; other unforeseen or precluded circumstances preventing the Parties to follow their liabilities stipulated by the Agreement.

6. Notices to the Parties
The Party shall notify the other as promptly as practicable, but no later than 3 (three) business days of the occurrence of a force majeure event herewith. Failure or the delay to notify the other Party of force majeure events shall not release the Party from its liabilities hereunder. After every money turnover of a sum 15,000 USD passed through you, you are given a bonus in the amount of 400 USD.

7. Termination of the Agreement
This Agreement may be terminated at any time by either Party by sending the other Party a 3 (three) days' written notice. The Online Manager shall submit a list of accounts with payment arrangements. The Online Manager shall retain possession of accounts until the payment arrangements are made. The Online Manager shall be paid his/her fees for those accounts as stated.

In case of cancellation of the present Agreement the Online Manager is obliged to transfer assets located in asset management, to the Company.

8. Miscellaneous
The Parties acknowledge the legal force of documents' records received via communication channels equal and as effective as the documents made in writing. The parties hereto agree that faximile and E-mail signatures shall be as effective as if originals.

9. Signatures of the Parties
The Agreement is signed by both Parties and all incurred terms and conditions shall be strictly observed herein.

VIPEDEN HOTEL Online Manager

By:

By: ________________________
Online Manager hand signature

It's: Janet Ferguson,
Human Resources Executive
VIPEDEN HOTEL It’s: _________________________
Online Manager full name

#8087 by Jillian Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:19 pm
Hi and welcome.

That's a scam known as a money mule scam.

4. Sometimes to receive an advance payment for accommodation in hotel and a complex of the services connected with rest in hotel from the future clients. (working tool: the bank account. Preferably new account)

No legitimate business requires employees to process payments through their own bank account.

Please read more about it here: http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/moneym ... ained.html

You should stop all contact with them.

Meanwhile, the website http://vipeden.co.cc/ appears to be fraudulent. It was just registered/set up a few weeks ago, I'm sure for the purpose of running this scam. I will pass it on to be reported to the host for abuse.

Here is the whois/registration information from the host:
Registry Whois Domain Name : vipeden.co.cc
Registrar : CO.CC, INC.
Whois Server : co.cc
Referral URL : http://www.co.cc
Name Server : NS1.S-HOSTING.BIZ
Name Server : NS2.S-HOSTING.BIZ

Updated Date : 23-Feb-2009
Creation Date : 23-Feb-2009
Expiration Date : 23-Feb-2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registrant Janet Ferguson

Lemesos, Cyprus
CYPRUS

Email : [email protected]
Phone : +1404258122
Instant messenger :

Updated Date : 23-Feb-2009
Creation Date : 23-Feb-2009

Good for you for being suspicious. Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to answer so that you can understand the scam and avoid them in the future.

Edited to add: I am investigating the site further, there are other copies of this with just a different name. http://www.cyprus-hot.com/ is also fraudulent and was set up the day after the one you posted about.
Created: 2009-02-24
Expires: 2010-02-24
Updated: 2009-02-24

Good work reporting this to us! I will make sure those sites get suspended so the scammers can't use them. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#8090 by Jillian Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:38 pm
You're welcome. :D

Just adding to this thread, in case anyone else references it. I have done further research. The two fraudulent sites have copied this real site for the Vulcan Hotel. http://www.vulcanhotel.com.au/ The large metallic V decoration in the photo makes much more sense for a hotel named Vulcan than Cyprus.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners