Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#8039 by jn5318 Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:47 pm
I have recieved several mails from this company. I would like to know if ya,ll think it is a scam?

DIRECTOR IN CHARGE,
HON. SHAWN FRIZER
MODELE SECURITY COMPANY
LUNGARNO CORSINI 2, 50123 FLORENCE,
ROME - ITALY..

REF : AX87-534411-68

ATTN : MR. xxxxx x xxxxxx.

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR MAIL SENT TO THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THIS COMPANY AND YOUR OPTION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED BY THIS COMPANY MSC. ROME-ITALY.

AND ALSO WE RECEIVED A MAIL TO OUR COMPANY ATTORNEY FROM YOU YOU,AND THIS MORNING WE CALL HON.BENSON OSELE TO CONFIRM IF HE HAS RECEIVED ANY MAIL FROM YOU,BUT HE TOLD US THAT HE HAS NOT,BUT WE LET HIM KNOW THAT WE RECEIVED A MAIL FROM YOU THAT CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE REQUEST FOR HIS SERVICES,BUT WE HAVE GET HIM NOTIFY ABOUT YOUR REQUEST,BUT NOT WITH STANDING YOU HAVE TO CONTACT HIM OFFICIALLY.

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO HIRE THE SERVICE OF OUR COMPANY ATTORNEY AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME TO ROME-ITALY FOR YOUR CONSIGNMENT,FOR US TO TRANSFER YOU CONSIGNMENT TO YOU IN THE STATE,YOU HAVE TO SEND TO US ALL THIS INFORMATION'S:

YOUR FULL NAME:
YOUR FULL CONTACT RECEIVING ADDRESS:
YOUR MOBILE / RESIDENTIAL TELEPHONE NUMBER:
YOUR IDENTIFICATION: YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE:

WITH ALL THIS INFORMATION BEING SENT TO US,YOU HAVE TO ALSO PAY FOR THE DEMUR-AGE THAT HAS BEEN ACCUMULATED BY YOUR CONSIGNMENT €6,840 EURO WHICH HAS TO BE PAID BEFORE THE TRANSFER OF YOUR CONSIGNMENT TO YOU IN THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA, AND ALSO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TRANSFER FEE OF YOUR CONSIGNMENT,WHICH IS €3,400 EURO FOR THE DIPLOMAT TO EFFECT ACTION ON YOUR TRANSFER AS IT WAS DEMANDED BY YOUR PARTNER FROM AFRICA MR.ROLAND SOW THAT HE WANT THE CONSIGNMENT TO BE TRANSFER TO YOU IMMEDIATELY AS WE CONFIRMED YOU AND APPROVED YOU AS THE REAL BENEFICIARY.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE CONFIRMATION OF YOUR RECEIVING DETAILS AND YOUR IDENTIFICATION.

WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCES THIS MAY CAUSED YOU.

THANK FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND CO OPERATION.

HON..SHAWN FRIZER
DIRECTOR IN CHARGE.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at http://www.mail.com!

Removed name and moved to "Is this a scam?" -Jillian
Advertisement

#8042 by The Enchantress Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 pm
Jn.

I am sure a Scamwarners adviser will soon be here to answer your questions in full.

However I have no hestitation telling you it is a scam. I can find no evidence of MODELE SECURITY COMPANY existence. Also I advise you not to give any personal information to them and not to send them any money.

I will investigate further and will post any details I discover.

It appears that the address is in fact a hotel see here

Edit - to remove name.
Last edited by The Enchantress on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#8043 by Arnold Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:26 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners.
i don't think it's a scam, I know it's a scam.
It's a typical advance fee fraud. You pay the fees mentioned via Western Union, and never receive the imaginary consignment. All you will get is further demands for money, taxes, anti-terrorism certificate, etc.
"Demurrage" has a specific meaning in maritime law, but is widely misused by scammers. Diplomats do not do deliveries to people.
You haven't said what the consignment is, but I've no doubt it's claimed to be worth several million dollars. Dying cancer victim? Rich orphan in a refugee camp? Widow of a murdered politician/president? Victim of a car/plane crash with no next of kin?

#8056 by Clair Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 pm
One of the mods might want to delete out the OP's real life details in the letter posted.

JN, Can you post up the email address that it was sent from? People often search by email address and we want to be sure to warn potential victims any way we can. Do you know if this fake company has a web page? If they do, we can get it closed down.
#8094 by Arnold Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm
Thanks for that. Financier.com sounds impressive, but it's a free email address from mail.com.
Widely used by scammers, and, er, more scammers.