Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#5347 by Obi-Wan Knievel Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:49 am
I'm not sure if this is a love scam, but the mention of being "in a camp" makes me lean toward a father-took-me-so-special orphan scam.

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:48:12 +0000 (GMT)
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: From Rita

Hello,

How are you and i hope you are fine.

It is a great pleasure for me to write you, after going through you simple but interesting profile i can not but spend my time to drop to you a few lines.
I hope this mail will not be an embarassment to you but i think i like to be your friend.

I am Rita 26 Years old and i am From south Sudan but presently i am in Dakar the capital of Senegal, And also i am in the camp here.

I am just a simple and caring girl willing to learn and also hoping to find real love you.

Thank you so much and i hope to hear from you.

sweet regards
From Rita

Got a suspicious e-mail? Run it by The Scam Checklist to see if it's real.
Advertisement

#8550 by jamesbond007 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:44 pm
Dearest love,

Many thanks for your prompt agreement to my proposal. First of all, I really need your assurance that you are capable and ready to help me in business investment in your country and to assist me receive the capital (money) in your bank account without betraying me at the end. Also assure me that you will keep this transaction strictly confidential and to yourself only.. Could you please tell me more about yourself, business and family and send me thus:

(1). Age:
(2). Nationality:
(3). Occupation:
(4). Marital Status:
(5). Your Full Names.
(6). Country of Residence:
(7). Your Home/Office Address(es):
(8). Your Home/Cell/Mobile Telephone and Fax Numbers:
(9). Your Picture/ID card/International Passport Copy for Identification:
(10). Your Bank A/C Details / Information where the fund will be transferred safely:

On receipt of the above from you, this is the way you will assist me. You will make an arrangement to receive the fund in your bank account through Bank to Bank Transfer (B.B.T). I need you to do this for me because I really want to invest overseas and I need a foreigner who can be my partner and adviser on the type of business where I can invest my money-on for profit making aims because I can not make the claims by myself due to my status as a refugee here in republic of Senegal.

On your readiness and assurance to help me receive the fund in your bank account on my behalf, I will be sending you more details and once I receive the above requirements from you, I will introduce you to the concerned bank immediately for the transfer of the said fund to your bank account before my arrival in your country.

For you confirm the actual person you are really in contact with, attached is my picture.

I await your urgent response.

Best regards,

Miss Tina Saybana.
#8551 by jamesbond007 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:44 pm
Dearest love,

Firstly, I wish to clarify you so that you will know me fully and understands the nature of this transaction. I wish to explain more to you in details my position and how you are to help me. Presently, I am residing here in Senegal where I am seeking asylum under the United Nations High Commission for the refugees due to the crisis in my origin country, Liberia.

I am sending you this mail from the office of the Reverend-Father here in the refugees camp, the telephone number of the Reverend Father is +221 768644196, you can call me through the Reverend Father and tell him you want to speak with Tina Saybana (a Liberian Girl). I told the Reverend Father about my situation and he permitted me to be accessing my mail with his office computer. Here in the refugee camp, life is very difficult for me.

My full names are Tina Saybana Kamara,
My camp Address is: 81 Eastern Nord Foire Yoff, Dakar Senegal.
Hostel Number: Flat 14, room 8, Female Hostel:

About me:
1) I am a single daughter of my mother, 26 years old, I grew up in Liberia, my origin country.. I had my college certificate in the year 1998, I was admitted into University in the year 2000. I did my one year program in business management before the political crisis in my country began. During the crisis, I lost my father, mother and so many of my family members. Our house got burnt and I lost all my important documents like my birth Certificate and university ID card.

Now, due to the existence of my situation and my status as a refugee here in Senegal, I can not claim this money by myself and I need a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf for the claims of the funds and this is the reason why I decided to make contact with you, for you to assist me receive the funds through your bank account on my behalf, claiming you are my late father business associate overseas, despite the bank will not go to the extent of asking who you are. Your help is just to ask them the possibilities of transferring these funds to your bank account and to provide your full bank account information for the transfer. I have all the information concerning the deposited funds which includes the fund deposit certificate which I will be sending to you when the need arose. Everything concerning this fund transfer transaction is clear and legal.

The reason why I need your help is to be sincere in your heart and assist me receive the money into your account which I believe will be safe in your bank account. Though I do not have experiences about international transfer transactions, so there is nothing I can do without your help. I wouldn't have bordered you if I have ways of claiming the funds by myself but I believe that without you being a foreigner, I will be helpless because of having no foreign bank account and nobody overseas as a friend or partner.

After the transaction of the money into your account, you will help me withdraw some money from the account and send to me through my camp Reverend Father to get all my traveling documents ready to fly over to join you over there and have a good life with you and also invest the money with you in a good business investment as partners and will also continue my university education upon your advice.

Once the money it transferred to your bank account over there and after some investments, you will marry me if you wish or can direct me to a reasonable man who will marry me and love me as I need a man who is caring, honest, sincere and loving. I need a man who will always tell me the truth from his heart, a man who will be my father, brother, best friends and if the nature permits, a husband. But if marriage is out of our lucks, I will not mind but as long as we got along together with real love, I will definitely be satisfied. I will want you to think over this matter very well and understand in your heart if you really want to help me. If yes, I will live the rest of my life to appreciate your goodness and kind assistance, but if no, I suggest you make it open to me because I don't want to under-go further torture any longer.

Once I get you well, I will send you the transferring bank's contact details so that you will contact them for the transfer of the funds to your bank account on my behalf and also find out the possibilities of transferring this fund to your position from the bank, OK? I really appreciate your concern. Waiting for your urgent response so that we can proceed. I will prepare the draft letter which you will send to the bank on your honesty assurances and guarantees of dealing safely with me on the fund transfer. May God bless you.

Regards love,

Miss Tina Saybana.
#8563 by Ralph Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:00 am
HI James

Welcome to Scamwarners

Thanks for posting the updates, the more information and detail we can get the more likely is it to be found when needed