Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#4936 by Obi-Wan Knievel Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:32:06 +0530 (IST)
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: From Mr George Moyo
To: xxxx @gmail.com

I have a new email address!
You can now email me at: [email protected]

- My compliments,I am most honored to be writing this mail to you,may blessings be on you and your family,my name is George Moyo,I am a resident bank consultant with office in Accra capital of republic of Ghana,I write this mail to you having gone through exhaustive inquiries about a certain foreign businessman who was resident here in Ghana for several years before his death,this man owned a now defunct mining company at Obuase in Asante region of Ghana, unfortunately he and his wife were involved in an auto crash along Obuase highway in march 2004 and they both died in that ghastly accident and were buried in Accra municipal cemetery.This man whilst alive had kept account with a merchant bank here in Ghana and when he died the closing balance of the account is totalling $12M,currently, I have been asked by the authorities of this bank to help produce any body remotely related to this dead customer who will inherit this account as a next of kin according to the guidelines and in doing this I had to resort to different methods of getting at any relation of this dead customer but have not found any person that matched my search criteria and I have information that none exists therefore I have devised a plan for which I will need your assistance.I am to report back to this bank soon for this bank account to be liquidated and of course you can understand what will happen to this money since no one is to claim it since I have found no one but having viewed your profile,I am confident if you agree to present you as a next of kin to this man so that you will inherit this money.I can only do this business with a foreigner which is why I am writing to you,this will be done under a very confidential arrangement between us and an understanding that you will not reveal this to anybody else,we will do it together as I will direct you,I will require you to give me your full names, phone number and contact address so that I can arrange for some vital documents that will be required legally to confer on you the status as a next of kin to this man according to Ghana laws and I guide you on steps to follow.On completion of the transfer of the money to your account,we will share this money in the ratio of 50% for me and 50% for you,you may not need to come down here for this to be concluded unless you wish to come.This transaction between us will be considered legal with no risks,best wishes from me to you and your family and have a nice day until I hear from you.respectfully sent George Moyo

Got a suspicious e-mail? Run it by The Scam Checklist to see if it's real.
Advertisement