Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#4903 by Peanut Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:36 pm
Scammer Names: Desmond Innocent, Dr. Kojo Paul, "Desmond and Mary", "Jacob and Linda", Barrister Kalifa Kanu

Known E-mails: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Accomplices: [email protected]

Sample Letters:
I AM WRITING THIS LETTER TO ASK FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CO-OPERATION TO CARRY OUT THIS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN MY DEPARTMENT. WE DISCOVERED AN ABANDONED SUM OF $3,500,000.00 (THREE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS) IN AN ACCOUNT THAT BELONGS TO ONE OF OUR FOREIGN CUSTOMERS WHO DIED ALONG WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY OF A WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN IN NOVEMBER 1997 IN A PLANE CRASH. SINCE WE HARD OF HIS DEATH, WE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING. HIS NEXT OF KIN TO COME OVER AND PUT CLAIMS FOR HIS MONEY AS THE HEIR, BECAUSE WE CANNOT RELEASE THE FUND FROM HIS ACCOUNT UNLESS SOMEONE APPLIES FOR CLAIM AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO THE DECEASED AS INDICATED IN OUR BANKING GUIDELINES. UNFORTUNATELY, NEITHER THEIR FAMILY MEMBER NOR DISTANT RELATIVE HAS EVER APPEARED TO CLAIM THE SAID FUND.
UPON THIS DISCOVERY, I AND OTHER OFFICIALS IN MY DEPARTMENT HAVE AGREED TO MAKE BUSINESS WITH YOU AND RELEASE THE TOTAL AMOUNT INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS THE HEIR OF THE FUND SINCE NO ONE CAME FOR IT OR DISCOVERED HE MAINTAINED ACCOUNT WITH OUR BANK, OTHERWISE THE FUND WILL BE RETURNED TO THE BANKS TREASURY AS UNCLAIMED FUND. WE HAVE AGREED THAT OUR RATIO OF SHARING WILL BE AS STATED THUS: 45% FOR YOU AS FOREIGN PARTNER, 50% FOR US THE OFFICIALS IN MY DEPARTMENT AND 5% FOR THE SETTLEMENT OF ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES INCURRED BY US AND YOU DURING THE COURSE OF THIS BUSINESS.
UPON THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS TRANSFER, I AND ONE OF MY COLLEAGUES WILL COME TO YOUR COUNTRY AND MIND OUR SHARE. IT IS FROM OUR 50% WE INTEND TO IMPORT AGRICULTURAL MACHINERIES INTO MY COUNTRY AS A WAY OF RECYCLING THE FUND.
TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION, WE REQUIRE YOU TO IMMEDIATELY INDICATE YOUR INTEREST BY A RETURN E- MAIL AND ENCLOSE YOUR FOLLOWING INFORMATION BELOW.
Your Full Name: ____________________________________________________
Your Complete Address: _____________________________________________
Name of City of Residence: _________________________________________
Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year): ____________________________________
Direct Telephone Number: ___________________________________________
Mobile Number: _____________________________________________________
Fax Number: _______________________________________________________
NOTE ALSO, THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION MUST BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL BECAUSE OF ITS NATURE. I LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.
DR. KOJO PAUL

A very very VERY standard 419 script. See it almost word-for-word here: http://www.klausens.com/faked_letters.htm

Dear _____________,

Thanks for your fast response towards your willingness in assisting in
this great mutual transaction.I really do appreciate your kind gesture
and also want your trust and honesty to really ensure that this
transaction get to the successful end while we rejoice together, as
all vital modalities has been put to place before I got you contacted.

I would really appreciate you contacting the attorney as he will be in
charge over getting all necessary documentations secured in your favor
and name, at the Nigeria Federal High Court of Justice, to make you
stand as the rightful legal bonifide beneficiary, in other to make you
get this fund claimed at the security company Europe to get this fund
moved by diplomatic immunity to their corresponding office in Thailand
after all this documentation has been perfected in your name and
favor.

Here Is His Contact Information:

Office Name: Kalifa Kanu & Associates
Name: Barrister Kalifa Kanu
Telephone: 234-7085247130
E-mail: [email protected]

Do get him contacted as soon as possible and, for him to furnish you
with more directives/guide line and get in contact with the security
company Europe for this fund to be moved for easy access to you, let
proceed with this project with immediate effect with our
documentations okay.

Once this is done do not fail to keep me updated for more
advice.Please also help me in completing the Needed Information Below:
Your Full Name:___________________________
Your Complete Address: _____________________
Name of City of Residence: ____________________
Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year): ________________
Direct Telephone Number: _____________________
Mobile Number: _____________________________
Fax Number: _______________________________

Thanks, as I wait to read from you urgently.

Regards,

Dr Kojo Paul.

When in doubt, turn to the old Google. Let's go ahead and take that dreadful second paragraph and find out what Google thinks about it!

Note that the above document is the actual size it was sent.
Last edited by Peanut on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

#4904 by Peanut Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 pm
The "Refugee" Angle:

Dear Sir,
I am LINDA and my brother JACOB from Liberia, I want to know if you can collect/stand as my beneficiary and if I can put my trust in you?
I have been bitin once before, but i still belive that I can still have a God fearing person that I can trust outside my country who i can put my trust in terms of investment. Sir, I arrived Accra Ghana two weeks ago to prepare all neccessary arrangements inrespect of my two trunk boxes which one have been stolen by a black man so with the remaining one that is left now, which I have be able to move down to accra ghana
Through the help of one lawyer I was able to get the remaining box and it contain $9,5m US dollars each.
.All i want you to do is to stand as my beneficiary to recieve my consignments abroad for foreign investment and what ever you spend on this transaction shall be documented and put into wrriting and shall be pay back to you as soon as you receive the box 30% shall be for you of the total amnount and 70% shall be mine.
Please i want you to be rest assure that this transaction is risk free and what ever you spend in this transaction shall be pay back to you as soon as you receive the box .
I am willing to send you all the ORIGINAL documents and the PIN CODE to open the box . Please kindly send me your informations to enable me get the power of attorney in your name (change of ownership.)
Know that THE LAWYER did not know the content inside the box , but we told him that it contain children items and I am telling you because I have to be open to you and we don't have to delay on the power of attorney, I wouldn't mind to know your percentage in your reply if 30% is not okay by you it is very important because this is my only hope and means my Father left for me to survive before the terrible disaster that claim the life of my father .
Hope to hear from you. as soon as posible
Thanks ,
for orternative contact: [email protected]
Send me your full name and address and your telphone number
JACOB and LINDA