Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#411021 by AlanJones Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response,

I am Andrew Hauser – Executive Director for Markets, BANK OF ENGLAND (http://www.bankofengland.co.uk). Please ignore the length of this message and take your time to read this message for your understanding. This is very important.

I am contacting you concerning a deceased customer and an investment he placed under our banks management Nine years ago. I would respectfully request that you keep the content of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information you come by as a result of this mail.I contacted you independently of our investigation and no one is informed of this communication. I would like to intimate you with certain facts that i believe would be of interest to you.

In 2009, the subject matter:Engineer Maxwell Moshe now deceased, came to our bank to engage in business discussions with our private banking division. He informed us that he had a financial portfolio of £4,000,000.00 (Four Million British Pounds) which he wished to have us turn over (invest) on his behalf. I was the accounting officer assigned to his transaction; I made numerous suggestions in line with my duties as the De-facto chief operations officer of the private investment banking department, especially given the volume of funds he wished to put into our bank. We met on numerous occasions prior to any investments being placed.

In mid-2010, he asked that the money be liquidated because he needed to make an urgent landed property investment requiring cash payments in Spain. And since he will be frequenting the United Kingdom later that year, he directed that I liquidate the funds and oversee that it is deposited in a security vault in any low-key but formidable private bank in the United Kingdom. I informed him that Bank of England will have to make special arrangements to have this done and in order not to circumvent due process. I informed him that bank of England would have to make special arrangements to have this done and in order not to circumvent due process,the bank would have to make a 9.5 % deduction from the funds to cater for banking and statutory charges. I contacted my affiliate here in the United Kingdom and after due consultations, the funds was made available and transferred to Reliance Private Bank Limited .The deceased told me he wanted the money there in anticipation of his arrival from South Africa later that week. This was the last communication we had This transpired around 25th October 2010.In June last year, we got a call from Reliance Private Bank Limited informing us of the dormant activity of that particular portfolio.

I made efforts to locate the deceased-but it was unsuccessful. I immediately passed the task of locating him to the internal investigations department of our bank. Four days later, information started to trickle in, apparently our client was dead. A person who suited his description was declared dead in Cannes. South of France. We were soon enough able to verify the story; his death certificate and cause of death was confirmed. He died of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, aged 54.In his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin.

The deceased died without a testate. What this means is that our dear late fellow died with no or identifiable family member. And in line with our internal processes for account holders who have passed away, we instituted our own investigations in good faith to determine who should have right to claim the estate. This investigation has for the past months been unfruitful. It is this investigation that resulted in my being furnished with your details as a possible relative of the deceased.

According to practice, the bank will by the end of this financial year, broadcast a request for statements of claim - failure to receive any legally backed claims,they will probably revert the deposit to the United Kingdom Treasury Department, and the portfolio will be beyond my command and out of the hands of Reliance Private Bank Limited.This will not happen if I have my way.

What I wish to relate to you will smack of unethical practice but I want you to understand something. It is only an outsider to the banking world who finds the internal politics of the banking world aberrational. The world of private banking especially is fraught with huge rewards for those who occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolio. You should have begun by now to put together the general direction of what I propose.

MY PROPOSAL:

You share a peculiar detail with the late fellow-in this case, a SURNAME. I am prepared to place you in a position to instruct Reliance Private Bank Limited to release the deposit to you as the sole beneficiary.

I am prepared to share the money with you in half. That is: I wish to front you as the next of kin,present you with the necessary documents and have them release the deposit to you. We share the proceeds 50/50. I would have gone ahead to ask the funds be released to me, but that would have drawn a straight line to me and my involvement in claiming the deposit. I assure you that I could have the deposit released to you within a few days. I will simply inform the bank of the final closing of the file relating to the deceased I will then officially communicate with Reliance Private Bank Limited and instruct them to release the deposit to you. With these two things, all is done. The alternative would be for us to have Reliance Private Bank Limited direct the funds to another bank with you as account holder.

I do not want you contacting me through my official phone lines nor do I want you contacting me through my official email account. Contact me only through this private email address. I do not want any direct link between you and me to raise suspicion. My official lines are not secure lines as they are periodically monitored to access our level of customer care in line with our Total Quality Management Policy (TQMP). Please observe this instruction religiously. Please, again, note I am a family man; I have a Wife and children. I sent you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences are, but I know within me that 'nothing ventured is nothing gained' and that 'success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold'. This is the one truth I have learnt from my private banking many years of experience. Do not betray my confidence if we can be of one accord.

Please if you are afraid about this project and would like to discontinue or find it cynical, please destroy this email and continue living your life like i never made contact with you, I am a man of integrity and respect, my colleagues hold me in high regard. But if you are interested with this project tell me how you feel and let's do this.

Regards,
Andrew Hauser
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR MARKETS
BANK OF ENGLAND

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement