Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#19679 by SweetLady Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:54 am
Greetings. I'm being asked to send $200 to settle with this representative for Bagdasarian Productions for listing an item on E-bay, I was told I did this "blatantly", which is NOT true. E-bay took the item off with a warning and I thought this was the end of the matter till I was contacted by this Stacy P. person. WHAT CAN I DO?? I don't have $200, I'm barely getting by selling my little goods on E-bay to help pay for my medication as I have no health insurance. ANY ADVICE will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Advertisement

#19681 by Jillian Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:49 am
Hi and welcome here. Your situation isn't something we deal with here at ScamWarners. From what I read after doing a search of her name, she is likely legitimate, so this wouldn't be a scam if the email you received is really from her. Some people posted at RipOffReport that she is legit and the trademark violation is real: http://www.ripoffreport.com/miscellaneo ... -m78e6.htm

There is much more information available with a google search of her name, as well: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... f&oq=&aqi=

Good luck to you.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#19686 by Michelle Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:52 am
eBay have there own discussion boards.

They may be better placed to help you with the situation.

Go to e-bay and logon:-
    Select "Communtity" in the top right.
    Select "Discussion Boards"
    Select "Community Question and Answer"
    Select "Post a Topic"

#19753 by SweetLady Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm
Thanks to you folks who responded. I did ALL those things you suggested and I know this person is real and she means business -- that being said, I can't afford to pay her $200, unless she is willing to wait a month or two. I'm on a fixed income with a husband who is on disability. I barely make enough to pay for MY own medications with the little I make on E-bay. I'm closing down my E-bay business as I can't take the stress of all this. E-bay is worthless, they don't care AT ALL about their sellers, all they care about is making more money. I guess all I can do is tell this woman my sad pathetic story and HOPE that she will have some compassion. What really irks me is this claim and I violated this 'trademark/copyright' law willingly and/or on purpose and that is just NOT TRUE. I never made one PENNY on anything as E-bay removed the item after just 2 hrs.!! And I see thousands of things being sold on E-bay that violate their policies, etc. so E-bay does nothing to stop this and just let's the 'top sellers' keep right on going regardless. Anyway, thanks again for at least commenting.
#19761 by Arnold Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:53 pm
SweetLady wrote:I guess all I can do is tell this woman my sad pathetic story and HOPE that she will have some compassion.

That seems like a sensible idea to me. While $200 is a lot in your circumstances. it seems like a small amount to me for a copyright violation. It doesn't seem to me that they are that worried about the matter.
I am not a lawyer though, and your problem isn't something we can help you with. You seem to have possibly fallen foul of the law but you have not been scammed.

Edit to correct quote tags.