Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#437771 by Michelle Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:51 am
Steven Martin <[email protected]>

Hello,
I am the seller of the Mercedes-Benz A Class. I am very glad that you are interested in buying my car. Actual asking price is �10,750.00 no vat.
The car is still there, I have the V5 document present in my name,current MOT certificate and a full service history.

Registration plate: RF68KHJ
Registered Date: 30 November 2018
MOT expiry date: 26 April 2023
Chassis Number: WDD1770032V007465
Engine Size: 1461cc
Miles: 39,000 miles

Regards,

Subject: Re: Mercedes-Benz A Class 2018 #165896189675

Hi,
I recently moved and forgot to change my location. Currently in Scotland, I am offering free delivery. We can do everything through the transport company using AnyVan, they will take care of everything and arrange the delivery to your address. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £10,750 with the delivery charges included. If you decide to buy the vehicle let me know, as I have a lot of people inquiring about it and send me an email with your full details (Full name, Address, Phone number). As soon as I have your details I will pass them to the shipping company and they will start the procedures. Next step they will get in touch with you and send you an invoice for the vehicle, the tracking number to check the status of the delivery at any time and all the rest of the transaction details. After you've received the invoice you'll need to make the payment by bank transfer to the transport company (NOT to me) and they will hold the money into their bank account until you receive, inspect and agree to keep the vehicle. For the buyer's peace of mind I've also added a 7 days REFUND POLICY so if you don't like the vehicle, you'll receive a full refund, no fees or taxes deducted. If the vehicle is not as described, the transport company will transfer the money back into your bank account. If you decide to keep the vehicle after the 7 days inspection period, you will need to sign the owner transfer papers and only then I will get the money from the transport company.
Regards,

Steven Martin

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement