Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#419588 by Michelle Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:24 pm
[email protected]

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#419610 by Kathy Kuwaiti Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:06 pm
I received following mail. Is scam?
I need urgent advice as I dont want sent item Abd after dont get my money.

I sold through ebay to someone called Winifred Kristie from GB but shall ship to France which is strange already than I got this:

[email protected]:

Dear K.

Your payment from "Winifred Kristie" for your item has been approved by HSBC Bank®. The financial details of the transaction are provided. We need proof of shipping, send the item by post and send us the tracking number so that your credit balance can be immediately transferred to your bank account.

Posted November 6th, 2020
Receiving number:
Case #:
Verification code:

Payment of:

ACCOUNT NAME: Winifred Kristie
ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX963
EVALUATION: PREMIER

Money paid details:

Item number: #
eBay article headline: Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max -

Item unit value: € 1,400.00 EUR
Postage & packaging: € 17.99 EUR
Postal insurance: € 0.00 EUR

Total amount: € 1,417.99 EUR

Payment to:

Name of the bank:
Name on account:
Account number:
IBAN:
BIC:
Bank code:

Shipping method: DHL Paket International

DELIVERY ADDRESS - CONFIRMED:

Esuola Olakunle
2V66YY
7, avenue André Roussin
13016 Marseille
France

------------------------------ -------------------- ---------- ------------------------------ ---------- -------------------- --------------

What to do next:

This payment has been debited from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED". However, it has not yet been transferred to your account until you provide us with the tracking number for the shipping confirmation to our customer service. Send the tracking number to our customer service: click here

1: Make sure the shipping tracking number is only sent to us and not the buyer until we let you know.

2: Make sure to send the item to the above address.

3: You are now providing all of this information to us. Your money will be credited to your personal account within (Next 3-HOURS).

However, a confirmation email has been sent to inform you that as soon as you are able to send us the (tracking number) within the next 24 hours, your money will be transferred to your account immediately.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

HSBC Bank (United Kingdom) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in Great Britain as an e-money institution.

Thank you for using HSBC Bank®. We look forward to fulfilling your online auction payments in the future.

Sincerely yours,

HSBC Bank
#419612 by AlanJones Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:11 pm
It's a definite scam, don't send the item or you will lose it.

Banks never get involved in payments in this way. If someone sends you money, it will arrive in your account, a bank will not hold on to it pending proof of an item being sold.

Secondly, if you are selling via Ebay, anyone who asks to deal with you outside of Ebay's systems is scamming you. All communication and payments should be made via Ebay, not email.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.