Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#398498 by InonimousRider123456 Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:59 pm
:roll: :!:
Let me preface with my overall I feel stupid moment, blanketed by anxiety I am hoping for some relief here.

I was contacted by someone on Facebook who had mutual friends and I just got back from a music festival where there were several people I met and thought this person was one of them.

We chatted for a few weeks and overall seemed like a nice person. Anyways they said they live in Cali and make all sorts of psychedelic products. anyways it just so happened that over the weekend I spoke with a few people about making online purchases and they seemed like it was pretty easy.

Being the skeptic I tried to only purchase a very small amount, somthing like $100 worth. Also cause I'm broke as a joke.

Anyways proceeded to do the moneygram payment transfer thing with the promise of overnight delivery.

So I got a few called from some shipping service claiming I had to confirm my address via email, which I stupidly did.

anyways a few days go by and I don't see anything deliver, I get another email from them claiming I need to pay $650 in refundable insurance. Here's the emails I received so far.

How do I know if this is a scam or not? How do I know I'm not going to get in real trouble by the police?

I already have problems sleeping for the past week. Any help either legally or otherwise is greatly appreciated. I am hoping this saves someone else some money and headache. Lost some money but I guess compared to the other posts I've seen it's not too bad. I am just kicking myself for attempting to do some online transactions for some illegal drugs. All in all, I won't be doing any of that shit anymore, it's not worth the worry.

#1:
leo poul <[email protected]>
Dear Sir /Madam

ACCEPT WORM GREETING WITH PEACE.

WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR PACKAGE REGISTERED ON THE AND ITS ALREADY SCHEDULED ON DESTINATION TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS.

WE WILL LIKE YOU TO CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS AND IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKE OR ERRORS WE WILL LIKE YOU TO MESSAGE US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO WE CAN CORRECT.

Receivers Name:
ADDRESS NUMBER:
PHONE NUMBER :
Email:
CONSIGHMENT REACKING NUMBER ()

MANAGER.

SIMPSON GARRY

Email us via :[email protected]
Contact Number +16466854703

#2:
Dear Customer,

Accept Calvary greetings from global freight shipping company (GFC)-UNITED STATE and thanks for using our shipping line engaged in worldwide packaging and deliveries.

This is to notify you that,your package arrived transit port at (Key West International Airport)and has been held by Police officers in charge of Drugs at(Key West International Airport) for legal insurance license .

According to Police officers at (Key West International Airport),a package of this nature must have in position (issuance License) to protect the package from any Air port check office right up to destination address since the package is on board as a Discreet package.

IMPORTANT NOTICE :Your package requires an insurance license to ensure final smooth delivery to your exact address as stated in your original ocean bill of lading without your package been checked by Police along the line.

We hereby required a fee of $650 for us to issue your insurance as required.

Note:complete amount of $650 will be refunded back to you upon final Arrival at your address.
100% REFUNDABLE INSURANCE LICENSE CLARIFICATION STATUS

Insurance Fee : ( $650 )
Insurance Validity Period: ( 12 Months / 1 Year)
Amount Expected : ( $650)
Amount To Be Refunded Upon Arrival :($650)

ALL Refunds ARE HANDED DIRECTLY TO YOU THE RECEIVER OF PACKAGE ALONG WITH PACKAGE UPON FINAL SMOOTH DELIVERY TO DESTINATION ADDRESS AS CONFIRM.

We therefore find it necessary to notify you that ,if we do not present your legal Insurance license as soon as possible,your package will be booked for check by the Air port Police in charge of suspicious package on board for delivery .

We therefore urge you to make remittance payment of ( $650 ).

Once this payment is received today, we shall do the needful paper work of your package then release it from the Police and embark final delivery to (Key West International Airport) and your refund receipt.

We require you to make this payment via money gram at our cashier branch office . This is because the money will be available at our cashier next within 30 minutes maximum after the transfer is done.

(MONEY GRAM Details )

Names...Atabonglefack claude

Country....cameroon

State....littoral

City...douala

Zip code.. +237

Number..+237674509923
Amount....$650

Our financial secretary will process a refundable check receipt which will be attach along side with your package, to be delivered and handed to you.

You can always track your shipment online on our website at http://global-freightshipping.890m.com using your Consignment No ()

We shall update you on any developments concerning your package.

Thanks for using global freight shipping comany AS YOUR CARRIER.

HEAD QUARTERS:

5005 Peck Street Charlestown New Hampshire 03603
Tel: +1(646)685(4703)
Email :[email protected]
Advertisement

#398531 by Terminator5 Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 am
Insurance package scam?
Sent: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:11 pm
To: Terminator5 -

InonimousRider123456
Registered Member

Hey I thought I saw a comment from you on my post.... any advice on this matter?

You are the victim of a Cameroon, " Advance Fee Fraud, Non delivery of goods scam , Fake drug sales. This is a well documented scam , not only on this website but others as well .

You took the bait , (Stage 1) , Now they are unleashing stage 2 (Fake Refundable Insurance) . And it may go to stage 3 (Extortion, Blackmail) .

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubs ... n_scam.htm

My advice to you, is to report this Crime on the IC3 website and help put these cockroaches out of business :

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Thank you for posting to Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this Fake Drug Sales / Extortion Scam

Global Freight Shipping Company

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=185661

Daniel 8 :25
#398600 by InonimousRider123456 Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:02 am
Terminator5 wrote:
Insurance package scam?
Sent: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:11 pm
To: Terminator5 -

InonimousRider123456
Registered Member

Hey I thought I saw a comment from you on my post.... any advice on this matter?

You are the victim of a Cameroon, " Advance Fee Fraud, Non delivery of goods scam , Fake drug sales. This is a well documented scam , not only on this website but others as well .

You took the bait , (Stage 1) , Now they are unleashing stage 2 (Fake Refundable Insurance) . And it may go to stage 3 (Extortion, Blackmail) .

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubs ... n_scam.htm

My advice to you, is to report this Crime on the IC3 website and help put these cockroaches out of business :

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Thank you for posting to Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this Fake Drug Sales / Extortion Scam

Global Freight Shipping Company

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=185661

Ok thank you for the info. Making the report today!
#438669 by Fairy64 Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:38 pm
had the same thing just happen to me. Bought medical cannabis as I have terminal cancer from this website:

https://weedstrainsuk.com

this is who I was asked to pay (I assume the same guy, who answers the phone number on the website)

Account Names. Lambert Ndi
Account number..40804321
Sort Code…040075

and then I got Word Press updates with supposed updates on the parcel (their website is made on Word Press too!)

and then am now supposed to pay 400 Pounds, being told I HAVE to use their refundable insurance scheme ...

How does one take this website down and report this? I have not paid the insurance, though lost 200 Pounds on the purchase. Asked for the parcel to be returned and refunded but reckon there IS no parcel ...

Supposedly from Royal Hub
Sort Code...04-29-09

Account number...03889025
Account name...Brenda Sakara

You are bound to use our Refundable Insurance Scheme to secure your package permitting the courier to carry forward with the discreet delivery.
 After the insurance fee is paid,
We will provide a fully refundable receipt, which will entitle you to a 99% refund of the money paid for insurance upon delivery after 1% of the amount has been deducted as an insurance certificate fee.
This is the details below where you can do your transfer.
Sort Code...04-29-09
Account number...03889025
Account name...Brenda Sakara

Welcome to Royal Hub Transport & Logistics
Dear Client
Please attend to this email with regards to a Psychoactive Medical package scheduled to be delivered to your address with AWB #: UKM0012008
After sorting for dispatch, the custom board at Prohibited & controlled items is demanding an insurance document based on the rules and regulations on all psychotic substances for lack of prescription for import.

Schedule II & V shipping requires (MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION), inspection, and approval for discreet delivery.
An Insurance policy is therefore required for the transportation of cannabinoids based on the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
Analgesic and psychoactive-based products are used as a substitute for uncontrolled substances.

* You are bound to use our Refundable Insurance Scheme to secure your package permitting the courier to carry forward with the discreet delivery.

* After the insurance fee is paid,
We will provide a fully refundable receipt, which will entitle you to a 99% refund of the money paid for insurance upon delivery after 1% of the amount has been deducted as an insurance certificate fee.

*If anything should happen to the package during delivery after this insurance fee has been paid for, the Shipping company shall be fully reliable for all expenses and extra compensation.
* This means you will have to pay cargo insurance for your package as evaluated below.

Insurance Deposit Amount = 400 £(99% Refundable)
Insurance Document Bill - 1% = 4 
Insurance Refund Upon Delivery 99% = 396 £

So you have to deposit with our company the sum of 400 £ for us to get your insurance certification and a refund of 396 £ will be given back to you alongside your package upon delivery by our delivery agent.
This Refundable Cargo Insurance is valid for 12 months, as such, you can ship other items using this same coverage for a period of 12 months.

As soon as you go through this, Kindly email us for instructions as this should is to be handled immediately in order to catch up with the schedule & evade confiscation of your package for lack of compliant certification.
Thanks for using our powerful service.
--
Customer Service @
Royal Hub Transport & Logistics
--
Customer Service @
Royal Hub Transport & Logistics
#438696 by Terminator5 Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:40 am
Same scam . Don't pay them anything . File a police report. Thanks for posting.

Someone will look into this obvious Fake Website.

Daniel 8 :25