Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#312655 by sscullion Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:42 pm
Here's the email I got, from the following address: [email protected] Hello,

My 2006 Acura TL is still for sale.It has 117,000 miles Auto, clear title. The price was reduced at $1,500 as I need to sell it before November 26 th , when I'll be leaving with my unit Brigade Combat Team back to South Korea replacing the troops scheduled to come home. The deal includes free delivery as you may know we can ship a car/bike/etc from home to the base and back one time in a year for free. The vehicle will arrive at your address in 2 days so my presence it's not necessary cause I have everything arranged with eBay . You will have 5 days testing period before I receive any money and if by any reason you find something you don't like about, you can send it back on my expense and you will receive a full refund of your money. It is located in Omaha,Nebraska

If you're interested in purchasing it, all I need from you is your full name,phone# and shipping address and eBay will contact you shortly after I forward them your contact details. For more pictures pls click to link:http: http://imgur.com/a/K5YqY
God Bless!

What would YOU DO?????

Thanks,
Sean
Advertisement

#312656 by Mike Wilson Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:08 pm
I would ignore this emails as it is a common Craigslist scam where the email from "eBay" will be spoofed to appear that it originated from the legitimate eBay. If the scammer was really using eBay the car would be listed on eBay.

Never purchase a used vehicle from craigslist without in person inspection first.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#312659 by Bryon Williams Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:42 pm
Same scam posted here >> viewtopic.php?f=6&p=310897

Changes are vehicle, names and email address. Earlier they wanted to scam by using a fake Amazon email.

Please buy in person so you can view it, test drive and have your mechanic look it over.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#312660 by Terminator5 Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:44 pm
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5883814732.html

2006 Acura TL - Low Millage - $1500

Hello, We are selling a 2006 Acura TL. Clean Title. Miles 117.000. The car is in excellent condition! no mechanical problems! All services are up to date.

(559) 296-9808
5592969808 is a VoIP number provided by Enflick with an area code in CA
Firebaugh, CA 93622

Heres another one :

"2006 Acura TL" 1,500

North Carolina Craigslist Post . Marion Texas Enflick VOIP Number. 1,250 miles apart .

http://boone.craigslist.org/cto/5885007651.html
(830) 914-0747

8309140747 is a VoIP number provided by Enflick with an area code in TX
Marion, TX 78124

Daniel 8 :25
#312715 by Mike Wilson Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:02 pm
The email from the fake eBay asking for the payment.

email address used by the fake eBay. [email protected]

Seller

Name: Mendez Adriana
Address: 5122 Capitol Ave
City: Omaha
State: NE
Zip: 68132

The request for payment. eBay will never ask for a payment via a Prepaid Visa. Once you give the card information to the scammers then your money is gone forever.
Payment must be completed using OneVanilla Prepaid Visa Service. OneVanilla Prepaid Visa service is an easy and convenient way to send money to where you need it. Through OneVanilla Prepaid Visa services we can guarantee you 100% protection and insurance in this transaction. eBay will secure the payment until the buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it will be the case, eBay will refund the payment to the buyer.
In order to submit the payment for your product please go with cash to CVS/Pharmacy, Dollar General, 7-Eleven, Rite Aid , store and pick up aOneVanilla Prepaid Visa from prepaid product or gift voucher section and take it to the register. You can add cash to the OneVanilla Prepaid Visa card up to $500 so buy as many you need to cover your purchase price. For the purchase you need to buy 3 (Three) OneVanilla Prepaid Visa cards of $500.00 each with the total amount.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#312874 by Mike Wilson Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:39 pm
The fake eBay is also using this telephone number

(323) 484-6162 a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in CA

It is ALWAYS a scam
#355211 by Mimi4321 Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 pm
It was a fake ebay site that they hacked n stole over 3 thousand dollars i have so much proof and there number still theg r still scamming ppl i dnt thnk its right to let them steal money and do shady things i gusse its legal to steal but eveyone is lazy to help me im serious this destroyed my life
#355213 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the emails from [email protected] remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#357627 by Terminator5 Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 am
Mimi4321 wrote:I have 10 screen shots of them all and more sites she used but my personal information is on the photos I would love help in anyway I can get it

@ Mimi4321

You need to report this crime to your National , State , Local Police or if in the USA to the FBI at :

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

When did you last send / receive telephone messages from this phone number (323) 484-6162 ???

Daniel 8 :25
#403839 by Mimi143 Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:51 pm
Mike Wilson wrote:The fake eBay is also using this telephone number

(323) 484-6162 a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in CA

I still have all these emails and all these sites and photos of the suv and i still have phone number and email address for the ppl who scamed me over 3 grand I really wish someone out there could help me this was devastating to have someone hack/ fake everything and take all ur money like it’s nothing help plz i dnt want this to happyto anyone else i also contacted the sites I found the acam on they removed thoose accounts from what i can see i need more help plz
#403840 by Mimi143 Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:54 pm
[i still havnt got help on this they scamed me 3 grand like it was nothing and i have all the proof and i cnt find a way to use it to help me i dnt want anyone else to fall for this sick scam help me plz