Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#269676 by Norrek Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:03 am
Hello,

I'm totally new to this forum but I'm about to buy an item which is located in Greece to be sent to the Netherlands.

The seller told me by mail that we would use an intermediary so that we both are protected, sounded good.

Then I got this emails that seem to be very fishy although I had a PDF invoice and all:

The company is called MVP international, with website:
http://www.mvp-trans.com/

It looked serious enough until they asked me very officialy the following;
NEXT STEP TO BE TAKEN:
Because you are first time customer, in order to complete transaction XXXXXXX, you must deposit the funds to our bank account:

Name
MVP TRANS S.A

IBAN CZ55 0300 0000 0002 7197 8465

SWIFT CODE (BIC)
CEKOCZPP

Bank Name
CSOB BANK
Noted (BW)
Payment Reference
WB2015GR000108291

Deposit Amount € *erased*

Once the deposit is done, send the bank transfer receipt by email for confirmation and validation.

We require receiving and verifying the payment before the package is delivered because we must provide the same level of safety to the Seller.

This is an verified transaction and you are 100% secured and protected. Your payment is secured until you confirm if you buy or not the product.

The payment will never leave our possession until we have the Buyer's confirmation that everything checks out with the package delivered. The Buyer has a number of days (two (2) working days) to inspect the product. After the inspection is done the Buyer must contact us with his decision.

• If the Buyer refuses the package, we will refund the payment completely in maximum 24 hours. The package will be returned to the Seller, return shipping costs also covered by the Seller.

• It is recommended to submits the payment in maximum 48 hours from the verification date, because your purchase protection is valid for 15 days only.

Well I also checked on the website and it apparently is only 21 days old..

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/mvp-trans.com

Title: MVP International Transport S.A.

Domain Age: 21 Days
Website Speed: Fast

Organisation: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Owner: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Owner Address: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Owner City: PANAMA
Owner Postcode: 00000
Phone Number: +507.8365503
Phone Type: VoIP telephony :Panamá Skycom

So I don't know guys if this is some more sophisticated way of scam where they set the whole thing up. Anyways I'm not making any blind deposit. But I'd like to hear your opinion.

Tanks!
Advertisement

#269685 by Tim Atem Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:05 am
As I think you've already figured out - it is a scam. What email addresses are being used by the scammers? Any emails you have that you can post would be very helpful (with your personal information removed). The site killers should be along shortly to take care of the website.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#269694 by Norrek Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:08 am
Thanks Tim,

I uploaded some pics on the Emails.

First Email:

Second Mail, (arrived 1 min later)

Invoice:

Now the guy I was in Contact with wrote me his Address and phone number, I was supposed to send a friend to check out the product before buying it.

I told him that before making any payment I was anyways going to wait until friday (the day we arranged the visit), he lives in Athens by the way. First he said ah well I had given the prod to the company, but i can have it at home for Friday.

The site is totally not right, there is no registration of the company in neither the UK, Germany nor greece. and Yeah although it looks very professional it looks very much like a shell.

I'm a little worried since its a little contradictory, should I just tell my friend to call it off? I just very sincerely told the guy that I wouldn't make a blind transfer so i'd wait until friday and he answered Yeah I understand, let's talk on friday.

Should i call my friend off? :S (Btw all other messages with the guy have been held in french)
#269698 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:20 am
Its a scam. Stop all contact with the scammer.

Domain Name: MVP-TRANS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.MVP-TRANS.COM
Name Server: NS2.MVP-TRANS.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 10-sep-2015
Creation Date: 10-sep-2015 <<<< Red Flag
Expiration Date: 10-sep-2016 <<<< Red Flag
Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED <<<< Red Flag

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud. MW

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#269701 by Norrek Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:25 am
So the name of the guy is there in the Mails,

Adonis Stelios, the email is [email protected]

yeah, I told him at the beginnig that somebody could take a look at the product. and he indeed gave me a address right away. So the guy is either very stupid, or dangerous?
#269703 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 am
In the future can you copy and paste the emails. This way the search bots will find the text. This will help others avoid this scam.

I would not send anyone to him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#269813 by molt inik Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:35 am
Hi
I’m Daniele from Italy and I found out your topic googling "Adonis Stelion"
I’m also in contact with Adonis Stelios ([email protected]) since yesterday.
I found an very interesting item (herman miller lounge chair) at a very interesting price on sale on an Italian "sell and buy" website. So I wrote an email to the seller for having infos. The seller was Adonis.
Adonis write me back immediately (in correct Italian) and send me lot of detailed picture of the chair. We wrote each other several mails. When I ask him if I could see the chair “physically” and/or pick up directly by myself, he told me “sure,… but the chair is in Greece” (on the website appears the chair was in Italy, not very far from my hometown).
I wrote him I’m very interest in the chair but I will not do any payment to a foreigner seller without seeing the item.
So, yesterday evening, he wrote me that he uses an intermediary so that we both are protected.
This morning I replied to this last email, asking the name of the intermediary and asking if I had to pay before or after receiving the chair. I also write (in Italian) “sorry Adonis if I’m so biased about this, but I heard of some scam happened in Italy with this kind of intermediary”.
I’m still waiting his reply (it’s strange,… usually he replied in real time).
I’ll let you know if I’ll receive a reply
Daniele
#269818 by TerranceBoyce Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:50 am
Welcome to Scamwarners molt inik.

Once an email address has been associated with online fraud then you should not need any other information to realise that if you are doing a deal with a person using that email address, he is going to scam you.

I deal mainly with scammers who advertise cars for sale in the UK and they use the same tactic - making you believe that the car is located close to you and then telling you it is based abroad. Of course he can't let you see the item because he doesn't own it and he'll tell you that he can use a service that will keep your money safe - that's a lie and he'll show you a website that looks very professional and secure, but any fool can build a website like this, and scammers build them all the time. In England and the USA they are known as 'escrow' sites/companies, but they don't handle low value items.

The scammer just wants you to pay him the money before you see the item, and you never will see it.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#269838 by molt inik Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:49 am
Thanks for your advise TerranceBoyce
I suspected this was a scam and I found it out as soon as I read this topic. It’s a very useful service you provide.
By the way Adonis wrote me back. As expected, he confirmed me I had to pay all the amount before receiving the chair and told me the intermediary is the same reported by Norrek www.mvp-trans.com/. He wrote he did several business with this company in the past, without problems
Obviously I’ll not do any deal with him
Thanks again
#289432 by adamd Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:04 pm
Hi, I registered on this forum because I have an important update on this scammer!

In august 2015 some other guy I had contact with recently showed interest in this item on a dutch auction site called tweedehands.net:

http://multimedia.tweedehands.net/draai ... -1500.html

As you can see, a beautiful, expensive item. But if you react in Dutch (the advertisement is in Dutch) the first thing the guy says if you reply in Dutch is: You speak english? Thank you. Then you reply in English and he replies the item is not in Amsterdam, The Netherlands but in Athens, Greece! Same stuff, same story: he promises to use an use an intermediary shipping agent so that we both are protected. Blah blah blah, etc etc.

Thing is in august the guy replied as Adonis Stelios with e-mail address [email protected] - you guessed it, that is the guy from this topic!
But it seems the guy has updated his name and e-mail address! Now if you react to that exact same advertisement on tweedehands.net his name is Iodis Artemis and his e-mail is [email protected]

Now that this is out in public, he will probably change his name and e-mail again so beware! In the mean time I will try to get the advertisement removed from the tweedehands.net site...!