If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#167762 by Enara73 Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:06 pm
Hi, I received a warning via text message to my cell phone from a number ending in 7090. The warning said "Sorry to bother you, I'm with Scamwarners. Klara is a scammer. Pretends to rent, sends fake check, tells you to wire money. Check will cash at first, bounce later, leaving you fully responsible. Never wire money to strangers."

I'm interested to know how this person got my cell phone number to warn me. Klara had been communicating through email and text about renting my spare room via an add I had on Craigslist. She's also asking if I can "take delivery of her car". I was wondering if she was a scammer after I received inquiries about the room from two additional people, saying about the same thing...a father or boss will mail a check...all are foreign students coming to study for master's degree...etc.

After the warning I alerted Klara that I was told she is a scammer, and of course she denies it. I told her I would only accept a U.S. cashier's check or money order, and the first person to get my the deposit will have the room because I cannot afford to wait on a check in the mail, then wait to see if it clears. I would never transfer money to strangers anyway.

Thanks,
E
Advertisement

#167772 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 pm
Warners use many different and varied methods and I myself have a fake identity I use to contact and deal with scammers and I can get info out of them quite easily. We never disclose how we do it or it won't work any more.
I don't have to break the law and I don't scam anyone, not even the scammer, but I do everything I can to disrupt and frustrate their scams.

Beware - scammers can produce forgeries of anything. I have even been sent forged travellers cheques. Just because your bank allows you to draw cash doesn't mean it's cleared. In the UK a counterfeit or forged cheque never clears and can be returned up to six years after presentation. If it's a dud they'll charge you back with costs.

What you must never ever do, for any reason, is make a payment back to the renter or some fictional associate of theirs. If they ask you to make a payment for them it's a dead cert it's a scam. You think you have a larger amount when it's actually the smaller figure they're trying to scam off you all along. It's a scammer's conjuring trick.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#167779 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:29 pm
Someone else will need to confirm that, but it sounds regular.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#167805 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:02 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Enara73.

The warning from Vic Turner is real. Please follow the advice given. Inform Vic Turner you have received their warning. Please do not inform the scammer that he is posted here. It is just best to keep him guessing why you have stopped communicating with him. Scammers are criminals they will never admit and continue to lie, cheat and steal.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/