If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#2920 by Pinky Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:41 pm
You're in the right place!

I thought I'd better take a few minutes here to introduce myself. If you've gotten a phone call from me, it's because I was told or discovered for myself that your situation was urgent. I do send out email warnings too, but generally my niche here is US phone warnings. I like being able to personally convey the message as well as offer my condolences to the many who have been hurt by these evil scammers.

I also bait at 419Eater to make the scammers suffer a little since there is so little the law can do. I don't post much here for that reason. I also have a real life (I know it's hard to believe). I own a jewelry and bead shop, am 55 years old, divorced, mother to 6 kids, grandmother to three. I got started with this because I seem to be a scam magnet. They just won't leave me alone. I like to make them regret that.

If I sent you here, it is because the people here are great and know so much more than I about scams. Several here have taught me. There are many other places on the net where you can get information about scams, but this is the best for getting fast answers to your questions and resolving any doubts you might have about your scammers.

Anything is possible!
Advertisement

#2921 by Ralph Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Hi Pinky,

Nice intro,

Pinky is too shy to say so but she does devote endless amounts of her time as well as her own money to help victims of these scammers, often the only regognition we get is from each other.

If you have recieved one of her warnings, and come here that's great, but you can help all of us by posting about what happened to you, without any personnal details, which will also show pinky that you are now safe.

#2922 by benjamin Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:14 am
Welcome Pinky
I second that. Pinky does a super job with warnings :D

#2928 by Fat Cat Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:02 pm
Hello & thank you for all that you do :)

Fat Cat