If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#15508 by katya Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:00 pm
i received a warning from ural mountain about edrissa sowe, is this real?
Advertisement

#15511 by Dan Jones Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:50 pm
I would imagine so, both names sound familiar, but I can't seem to find any proof at the moment.

It suffices to say that if you have been warned about this gentleman, you should be wary of him.
If he asks you for money, then it's a scam.

Could you please post the warning you received with the email address of the warner. It will be much easier to track down the support team member if we have that.

Dan

EDIT: I knew I'd seen the name somewhere. LINK - if any of this looks familiar then it's certainly a scam.
#15523 by Ralph Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:37 am
Hi Katya,

Could you please post what you know, earlier investigation on this person could not prove he was a scammer although I did have my suspicions, the information we had was tucked away as it did not prove he was a scammer but I do still have access to it.

Anything you can share may help to find some proof.

I have just had a quick look at my records, it seems there was a person who is not associated with Scamwarners who was investigating this person, I have reason to believe that during his investigation he may have discovered your details and sent you a warning.

If I am correct, could you please forward that warning to me, if you know how to extract headers that could be useful as well but if you dont just the email for now will suffice
#15543 by Jillian Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:14 pm
As Ralph has said, while certainly suspicious, our information on this person was inconclusive. He very well may be a scammer and you should be wary but the warning didn't come from the support staff at ScamWarners. Please do get in contact with Ralph regarding this. You may have information that could confirm this person as a scammer.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#15563 by katya Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 pm
I believe he is a scammer. I have been informed that today in Gambia he married the American woman you thought you saved him from earlier this year. Is there anyway he can be proved to immigration to be a scammer to stop him getting a green card?
#15574 by Ralph Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:33 am
Unfortunately without proof there is nothing we can do, even then we can make no promise.

If you would like to forward some of this information about him we may be able to at least warn others about him.

Our members have been in touch with the woman he is apparently marrying and she is quite comfortable that she isn't being scammed.

@Katya, I wonder if you could help me fill in the blanks here;
You received a warning in regards to Edrissa, were you being scammed by him?
Where did you meet him?
When did you become aware of his Facebook account
What email address does he use to contact you
Could you please show me some of these early emails from him that show him scamming you.
I am guessing you are in Europe Katya, do you know anybody from the US who might know the person who sent that warning.

Oh, where are my manners, I really dont mean to interrogate, I appologise, I really do need answers to these questions though, I have done a lot of searching on this Eddrisa and found lots of things and I am starting to think that he may not be a scammer, I agree that may have been the case in the past but I dont see a single scrap of evidence that proves he is a scammer now.

In fact, I am starting to think that the person who warned you about Eddrisa may be feeding you misinformation.

I would love nothing better than to see the truth here, if you cant find the evidence, this thread will be deleted like the last one we had here about Edrissa