If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#105241 by VERY Tue May 29, 2012 10:25 am
We are a British family presently living in Washington but we will be moving to UK soon and we need an Au pair/Nanny that can take good care
of our only child. Kindly go through our profile for more details and get back to us if interested. The link to our profile is http://hostfamilyprofile.dinstudio.com

and this????? stop it!!! how many are they??? don't they have anything else to do??
I think I will try a serious agency
Advertisement

#105258 by Mike Wilson Tue May 29, 2012 12:23 pm
Hello Very,
Thank you for posting and this same format has been listed before with different web site names.

Please post the header from the email as this information is needed to take the site down.

The web sit is in the process of being reported.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#106674 by euroman Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:35 am
Ciao Anche io sono stato contatto da questa merdosa persona. é una truffa vera e propria, non farti ingannare Ci sono tanti mascalzoni in giro

Translation to English:

Hello, I too have been contacted by this shitty person. It is a real scam, do not be fooled, there are many rogues around.
Last edited by Chris Fuller on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added translation
#109327 by VERY Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:55 am
Hi guys!!
I'm still looking for a family but an agency is now helping me...so I'm sure that I won't fall into a scam

They continue to write me and I think tahi this could be another scam:

Hello there,
My name is Alen Donald 45 Years Old my wife name is Anna Donald & we are lovely family with 2 children currently named Andrew and Mary and i live United State of America in 1000 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Washington, United Stated. We are an easy going fun family with a fairly hectic lifestyle! I work fulltime and the children have a full set of activities they enjoy. I have a very loving family & will welcome the right candidate & make them feel very welcome in my house. I am seeking an Au Pair who is honest, reliable, kind & considerate. I would like some English to be spoken, but am happy to provide & pay for an English course for the successful applicant! I am looking for someone to join our family and help take some of the day to day pressure off me so that we can all enjoy the good things of family life. As a family we enjoy barbeque (weather permitting), socializing, generally having fun, reading, computers, TV, the boys love computer games and my daughter arts & crafts. Food is another great love of ours - given the time I enjoy cooking. We are practicing Catholics but accept and respect others beliefs,Care for 2 children (4 yr old & 6 yr old) from 7 am - school at 8:45. Walk the children to school and pick them up again at 3:15. care for the children from 3:15 - approx 6:30 including feeding them we will like to pay you $950 Dollars every month end for salaries and $250 Dollars for your pocket fees every week end. Additionally take them to various after school activities - ballet, tap, jujitsu, brownies etc. 2 eves a week babysitting (average) occasional overnight care of the children when I have to travel for work. Care for the children in school holidays. Light housework - mainly keeping the kitchen and living room clutter free ! If you feel you could be happy in our family please let me know. Please ld like the suitable applicant to start by the ending of June or first week July , & preferrably stay for between 6-12 months.i hope to hear from you soon.

Best of Regards
Alen
#109331 by AlanJones Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:14 am
You are correct, it is a scam. A search of the sentence "We are an easy going fun family with a fairly hectic lifestyle!" on Google gives a number of matches, including some other threads here on ScamWarners.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#111435 by frisky Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:29 am
I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to find something out but not sure I'm on the correct page.
Anyway, I read some of the information on here and I want to make sure I understand what is being said...
If a e-mail address is the rank and name of a [email protected] for example, [email protected] it is absolutely a scam? I made up the name, of course.
Thank you.
#117826 by Bubbles Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:15 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners frisky. Yes, those are the kind of email names scammers use. If the email address is a real email address from a soldier, it will end with .mil.

Another thing to remember is that soldiers do not have time to chat. They have duties and do not have access to the internet any time they want. This is especially true if they are deployed. A soldier's first duty is to his / her country and unit. Not romance building.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.