If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#30498 by alanMor Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:51 am
Hi guys, just found this forum and signed up and think that all information here is very good, and want to thank all of you for helping others not to be scammed.

Now back in subject, i usually sell things on CL and i am just wondering because this is the first time i hear about these "Warning emails" from others (Not that i have received any) but i do want to know how this works, do i have to subscribe to something?? that watches my incoming emails??? how do these people know that you received an email from a scammer?? and who are these people watching after us?? Thanks guys!
Advertisement

#30499 by Crispy Duck Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 am
Welcome, alanMor :D

The scamwarners who send the warning emails act upon information received about scammers activities. Generally, they know the type of victim a certain scammer is targetting or know the addies of targetted victims! Sometimes scammers are (more) stupid (than normal) & send emails to baiters (see Here) with victims email addies in the 'carbon copy' field! :yikes:
If you haven't received a warning, it just means that your addy has not been found - not that you are not being targetted! :o
All our scamwarners invite the victims to visit us here & the purpose of the forum is to help people understand how scams work.
Please feel free to ask if you have any suspicions about any emails you receive.
#30509 by Dotti Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:02 pm
Welcome AlanMor,

As Crispy said, we act on information received, and we receive that information from a variety of sources. I would be very surprised if you haven't (or won't in the future) been targeted by scammers if you post ads regularly with Craigslist--as scammers swarm all over craigslist! If you haven't been warned before, it means we most likely haven't gotten any reports yet on the scammer(s) targeting you, and they haven't made some of the simple mistakes that allow us to find your information.

i have to subscribe to something?? that watches my incoming emails???

Our policy is that we will not watch or monitor victims' or potential victims' inboxes, as those inboxes most likely contain emails unrelated to the scam activity, and we do not want to invade the privacy of victims. We are more than happy, however, to respond to any request for assistance in determining whether an email is legitimate or scam. Any time you have concerns about an email (or multiple emails) you receive and would like help, you can either post the email here (preferably with full headers and the enire message, with your personal info removed), or you can PM the email(s) to anyone on the support staff, and we will gladly assist you.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.