If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#52064 by Norman Barlleo Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 pm
If you receive a warning from [email protected] , it's me. Please follow the advice and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or you can post in the proper forum at scamwarners.

Thanks!! :D

DON'T tell the scammer that you found him in this site. Just cease all communications with him and move on.
Advertisement

#53290 by anonyy Fri May 13, 2011 10:42 am
hmm i'm some what confused i have only just joined this site, are you the owner/admin of this site. i'd don't think it's good idea to encourage people to post email address here so that bots and scammers alike can glean this website for emails to spam! dont you use the same one given to you by your domain?
#53292 by Dotti Fri May 13, 2011 11:07 am
anonyy,

Thank you for your concern.

You are correct that we generally discourage visitors from posting email addresses here for that very reason. Many people who post here are scam victims and/or are less familiar with the scams out there. They also use those email addresses for personal (and possibly business) communication. The last thing they need is an inbox full of scams and spam. In addition, if they are reporting a scammer, posting their email address opens them to threats and harassment by the scammer, or to the scammer trying to get their email address closed with false reports of spamming and scamming.

It's a little different when we are dealing with scam warners and advisors, however. For Norman, it is more important that a potential victim be able to google his address and confirm that a warning is real than it is for Norman to avoid spam sent to that address--and as an active scamwarner, Norman has no problem with new scams coming to his inbox, as he knows exactly what to do with them.

It is not uncommon for a scammer to try to get a warner's email address closed when he learns that he has lost victims due to warnings by them. We have also been targets of DDOS attacks by scammers who would like to see us closed down. For those reasons, sometimes warners and advisors will choose to use addresses that are not on the scamwarners domain--The email addresses are easily replaceable, and if our domain is having issues, they can still send out warnings. There are pros and cons both ways, but if our volunteers have names that are colored, we know they have the knowledge and experience to make an appropriate decision.

Scamwarners is an all-volunteer organization. We have no paid positions. We are not a for-profit business, and we will never ask you for money or for sensitive identity information. If someone from scamwarners were asking for those things (again it wouldn't happen, but in theory), you can and should expect that the person contact you from the scamwarners domain.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.