#241361 by Mike Wilson Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:17 pm
Hello and thanks for posting the information on this scam. This information will help others avoid losing money to these criminals.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

You also have a PM

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#244849 by sarahjones56 Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:17 pm
Beware of this scammer. [email protected]
-----
Here's what the scammer sent me via email #1
Hello I am Kelly Smith and i am hearing impaired i need know if you can handle website design for a new company and i also need to know if you accept credit cards as form of payment ?

Email#2 that [email protected] sent me:
Here is the job details

i have small scale business which i want to turn into large scale business now it located in TN and the company is based on importing and exporting of Agriculture products such as Kola Nut, Gacillia Nut and Cocoa so i need a best of the best layout design for it. Can you handle that for me ?. so i need you to check out this site but i need something more perfect than this if its possible .http://www.agroamerica.com.... the site would only be informational, so i need you to give me an estimate based on the site i gave you to check out, the estimate should include hosting and i want the same page as the site i gave you to check out and i have a private project consultant, he has the text content and the logos for the site.
Note:
1. I want the same number of pages with the example site i gave you to check excluding videos and blogs.
2. I want only English language
3. I don't have a domain yet but i want the domain name as silverfarmproduce.com
4. you will be updating the site for me.
5. i will be proving the images, logos and content for the site.
6. i want the site up and running before ending of next month.
7. My budget is $4000 to $8000

Kindly get back to me with:
(1) an estimate

Favorable Regards,
Kelly.

--
Email #3 [email protected] sent me:

Thanks for your response, i am okay with the estimate and i wanna proceed so i will be depositing $3500 using credit card so work can commence ASAP, i understand the content for this site would be needed so as for the job to commence so regarding the content i will need a Lil favor from you and the reason i need this favor from you is because the consultant does not have the facility to charge credit cards and i also am presently in the hospital for surgery so i will be glad if you can help me out with this favor,The favor i need from you is. i would give you my card info's to charge for $6000 so $3500 would be a deposit payment for my website design and the remaining $2500 you would help me send it to the project consultant that has the text content and the logo for my website so once he has the $2500 he would send the text content and logo needed for my website to you also the funds would be sent to him via cash deposit into his account,sending of funds would be after funds clear into your own account and also $100 tip for your stress

---

THIS IS A SCAM! [email protected]
#245073 by morten77 Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 pm
I just had this person contact me as well except they are going by Mark Blue now with the email address of [email protected]. Almost same exact script except different dollar amounts for the budget. He did everything through text message though instead of email which I found odd. Also he wouldn't answer questions like "What is your business address?" so I got suspicious. I didn't get to the second round because I found this forum so I told him to get lost. He contacted me through phone number 1 (612) 787-9766 in case anyone else gets contacted.
#245084 by Mike Wilson Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:03 am
Hello morten77,
Thank you for taking the time to post this updated information. If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#245139 by Autumn Fairie Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 pm
Thank you all very much for posting your experience with this scam. I received the exact same messages through text message. The person is going by Jay Smart or Jay Smith now. He could not even keep his name consistent. I also had someone named Juliet Johnson text me the same initial message but she did not respond once I texted back. What a waste of time. THANK YOU!!!! SO appreciated.
#245403 by Mike Wilson Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:17 pm
Kelly Smith [email protected] also uses this telephone number for text messaging his scams (978) 533-7256

It is ALWAYS a scam
#245643 by zcosgrove Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:39 am
We've just received the same scam email here in Australia.

It would appear they do their research before targeting each business.

Other clients of ours have also been targeted so we have written an article about it which you may read here:
Removed outside link (BW)

Good work spreading awareness.... the best way to deal with these guys is to put it online and tell others so hopefully they don't become a victim :bondage:
#246278 by jordysge Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:45 pm
Afternoon everyone! Just got contacted by a Jamie Fox. SAME deal.
Jerry Fox <[email protected]>

Email #1:
Hi. Good morning ?.

This is Jerry Fox and i am hearing impaired i need know if you can handle my website design for a new company and i also need to know if you accept credit cards as form of payment ?. And are you the owner please ..
------------
I responded
------------
Email #2:
<input field>
Here is the job details

i have small scale business which i want to turn into large scale business now it located in USA and the company is based on importing and exporting of Agriculture products such as Kola Nut, Gacillia Nut and Cocoa so i need a best of the best layout design for it. Can you handle that for me ?. so i need you to check out this site but i need something more perfect than this if its possible .http://www.agroamerica.com.... the site would only be informational, so i need you to give me an estimate based on the site i gave you to check out, the estimate should include hosting and i want the same page as the site i gave you to check out and i have a private project consultant, he has the text content and the logos for the site.
Note:
1. I want the same number of pages with the example site i gave you to check excluding videos and blogs.
3. I don't have a domain yet but i want the domain name as silverfarmproduce.com
7. My budget is $3000 to $4000

(1) an estimate

Favorable Regards,
Jerry Fox.
------------

Bummer, Thanks for having the thread dedicated to these scams. It is very much appreciated :D
Hope this update helps.

-Jordan
#246540 by stlyke Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:47 am
Hi -

I have had 2 scams that appear the same as reported above...

SCAM 1 - October 2014

Joseph Thomas <[email protected]>

Hello, This is Thomas,i will like to know if you are available for
personal training,fitness and exercise services and then do
you accept credit card for payment...Thanks i will be
expecting your reply back asap.

I thought this was weird as normally people ask if we have sessions available at a particular time, also terrible language... but in case it was valid I did reply...

Hi Thomas, Thanks for your email. We do offer personal training, private fitness
sessions, and various group fitness classes and payment can
be made via credit card. Are you looking to get started on
any particular days or at a specific time?
Please let me know if I can assist
you further with your enquiry.

And then received back...

Hi,
Am hearing impaired that is why am using via e-mail to contact you now...I want to make an appointment for personal training,fitness and exercise service for my family.

I want you to get back to me with the total estimate for 2 times in week training 5(Female) people for 6 weeks,also want you to know that they will be coming with a private transportation driver to for the service.I will be expecting your reply back with the total cost then your full name,address with directly phone number for the private transportation to locate your place when they are coming for the service.....Thanks i will be expecting your response back asap.

Never wrote back...

SCAM 2 - in April 2015

Hello,

My name is Allen Tomas, I'm Lufthansa airline pilot from here in Victoria. I read about your Personal Training Service on directory and I want to make an inquiry about your group personal fitness trainers.

I would like to surprise my children with the training program, they are five in group my three children Wilson 18, Aaron 20, Julie 22 and their niece and nephew Katherine 24 and Jason 19. None of them has injury they just want to gain strength, mobility, flexibility.

I want a private group trainer for the five of them for 10 weeks session 1 hour daily and 3 times a week. I would prefer Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday Afternoon 2:30pm to 3:30pm if that suits. Kindly check your availability days and times, also calculate the total cost and get back to me at your earliest convenient.

Regards.
Allen Tomas.

I thought it sounded dodgy, but replied briefly just in case.. I basically quoted the price, $2850 for 30 sessions and said we accept payment via direct debit or credit/debit card only. I asked them to confirm what suburb you are located in and how soon they would like to get started?

They replied
Thanks for your email. That price sound good to me and I want them to start first week on May. I will be glad to make the full payment upfront and please I want you to do one favor for me regarding the private bus driver that I organize to bring the them for the sessions, I have not payed him yet because he don't have credit card Eftpos facility to accommodate payment.

Kindly put through $3,800 on my credit card stated below and when the funds clears into your account you will keep $2,850 for the program for 3 months and help me transfer $950 to the bus driver bank account.

Process the payment through for $3,800.

Name: Allen Tomas
Card: they actually provided the number
Expire: and expiry date
Type: Visa

I will look forward to hear from you with the payment confirmation.

Kind Regard
Allen

I never replied or charged the card as it seemed even more suspicious then!

I reported it to the ACCC Scamwatch in Australia.
#253261 by aaronproctor Thu May 28, 2015 10:50 pm
Today, I received the following via text message from an unfamiliar number at 323-844-7407 :

Good Day I'm Kyle Roger,am hearing impaired.I would love to know if you can handle website design for a new company and also if you do accept credit cards

Followed by another text message:

?? kindly get back to me ASAP so I can send you the job details.

I want you to email me at [email protected]

Regards

Kyle Rogers

These two text messages came in twice at 11:43am PST today. Upon sending an e-mail over, since I do in fact run a business that does web design, I received the following e-mail. The real name in the reply within Gmail showed up as "G Mr," which also looked suspiciously like junk.

Thanks for your swift response and I was directed to you by a friend of mine that you are the best in town.

Here is the job details

I have small scale business which i want to turn into large scale business now it located in TN and the company is based on importing and exporting of Agriculture products such as Kola Nut, Gacillia Nut and Cocoa so i need a best of the best layout design for it. Can you handle that for me ?. so i need you to check out this site but i need something more perfect than this if its possible .http://www.agroamerica.com.... the site would only be informational, so i need you to give me an estimate based on the site i gave you to check out, the estimate should include hosting and i want the same page as the site i gave you to check out and i have a private project consultant, he has the text content and the logos for the site.

Note:
1. I want the same number of pages with the example site i gave you to check excluding videos

and blogs.
3. I don't have a domain yet but i want the domain name as yourtopfarmproduce.com
7. My budget is $4000 to $8000

(1) an estimate
(2) your cell phone number
(3) And will like to know if you are the owner ??

Regards

Kyle Roger

I didn't follow up any further.

Thanks for this thread and Googling the start of their reply, "I have small scale business which i want to turn into large scale...," it's clear this is a scam.

Head's up!
#253889 by CyndeeAdkinsDesign Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:23 pm
Looks Like they are targeting graphic designers alike... I just got this myself, with a little bit of different wording, all in poor english. I am so disappointed that this has been such a waist of my time. :x

They are going by " Sonia Kelvin" this time and her company is " Sju & Agriculture ".

Below is what she sent me...and she initially contacted me VIA chat from phone number " 443-488-6054 ".

Here is the job details

l have small scale business which i want to turn into large scale business now it located in OR and the company is based on importing and exporting of Agriculture products such as Kola Nut, Gacillia Nut and Cocoa so i need a best of the best layout design for it. Can you handle that for me ?. so i need you to check out this site but i need something more perfect than this if its possible .http://www.agroamerica.com.... the site would only be informational, so i need you to give me an estimate based on the site i gave you to check out, the estimate should include hosting and i want the same page as the site i gave you to check out and i have a private project consultant, he has the text content and the logos for the site.

Note:
3. I don't have a domain yet but i want the domain name as bestfarmproduce.com
7. My budget is $3000 to 6000

(1) an estimate
(2) your cell phone number
(3) And will like to know if you are the owner ??

Thank you
sonia kelvin

and then she (he) sent back this

Subject: Re: Website Design details request.
Date: June 1, 2015 at 3:48:06 PM EDT
To: Removed (BW)

I want some thing perfect more than that, so let me have your quote so we can proceed.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 8:40 PM, Removed (BW) wrote:
Hi Sonia,

I can defiantly create a website to do your company justice. The URL “bestfarmproduce.com” is already owned. It says that it is registered by a Paul Stonier in NY through godaddy.com.
If you are the owner and you know this Paul we can use this URL. Otherwise I may have to try to contact him and see if he is willing to sell it to us.

I can get the site up and running within a month, as long as you can get me all the content (images, text, etc.) that you want used.
I can definitely get it completed within you budgeted amount. I will send you a quote for the job soon.

I am the owner of the company. My contact information is below and I can be contacted by email, text and phone. I prefer by email or text after office hours.
-
Removed (BW)

And then I asked for the name of the company, see below:

Date: June 1, 2015 at 3:54:09 PM EDT
Sju&Agriculture

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Removed (BW)wrote:
I am working on a quote as we speak. What is the name of your company?
-
Removed (BW)

And once I sent a quote I got this...and then my suspicions really came into affect...this sounded like a true scam. I hope and pray NO one ever listens to this jerk!

Date: June 1, 2015 at 5:13:08 PM EDT

Thanks for your response, i am okay with the estimate and i wanna proceed so i will be depositing $1500 using credit card so work can commence ASAP, i understand the content for this site would be needed so as for the job to commence so regarding the content i will need a Little favor from you and the reason i need this favor from you is because the consultant does not have the facility to charge credit cards and i also am presently in the hospital for surgery so i will be glad if you can help me out with this favor,The favor i need from you is. i would give you my card info's to charge for $3500. so $1500 would be a deposit payment for my website design and the remaining $2000 you would help me send it to the project consultant that has the text content and the logo for my website so once he has the $2000 he would send the text content and logo needed for my website to you also the funds would be sent to him via cash deposit into his account, sending of funds would be after funds clears into your account So i will be looking forward to read back from you.Thanks

Who do I contact to let them know this is happening??
#253892 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:39 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the post and update.

Unfortunately there is no one to report it to unless you got the stolen credit card information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#256187 by Barrink Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:19 am
Hey are also targeting photographers:
Hello,
I'm Jennifer Ronald . How are you ? I'll like to know your free available date in July for my family reunion (5 hours photo coverage). Also i want family portraits done for all the families coming together for the reunion. Do you accept credit card payment ?

Thanks
Jennifer

(I asked questions and provided quote)

Answer:
reunion event. The event will be held locally here in the state about an hour or two drive from your location, i will cover the travel expenses. I got your from 11am-4pm information.
Thank you for the swift response. I want you to check if you have available weekends between July 1st-31th. If you have a date open i want you to work on the the event venue once the event planner book the hall. I will be looking forward to read from you with the estimate ASAP.on the internet and i hope you can handle this event. I'll be making 60% down payment in advance with my credit card to book the date. Okay sound good , I want you to know that the event planner that will handle the event does not have facility to bill credit cards right now. In view of this i will handle the event. As soon as you charge my credit through, $2000 will be deposited for their services as soon as payment clears your account pls.want you to add an extra $100 as gratuity for yourself and for a favor i am asking of you..The favor is that i want you to add $2000 for the event planner that authorizing you to charge on my credit card

Your Service Fee $1750.00
Event planner fee, to be deposited in their bank acct: $2000
Tips : $100
Be rest assured you will be charging everything on my credit card including the 3% cc charges. Below is the final break down of the total charges i will be
CC charges : 3%

Me: Okay I'll call you later to discuss live so I can better understand. :-)

Them: you can understand me.
Okay i want you to know impaired hearig that is why i text you directly now and can i have your email address and what is your full name.
(At this point I realize the scam although I had my suspicions for the last 15 mins)
Me:What city will the event be held in? I will speak with my bank on Monday regarding this financial process. Sorry to hear about the impairment, can you supply contact details of someone in the family that I can speak with live?

Them:Okay I have not know the event place yet i told you that in the first place Okay. and i want you to if you can help me with the event planner fees and let me know now before anyone will call you for the family Member Okay

(Conversation ended. On to the next target).
#258776 by Tinyfitnesshtx Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 am
This is still alive and well for gyms! I'm a personal trainer in Houston and I've been through 2 rounds so far. The first was via text from "Christy Claus" - three days of begging me to take payment information while I calmly replied that my merchant agreement required an in-person signature from the cardholder to protect against fraud. Similar text script to what has been posted here.

This morning I got an email with the script again:
Good day and how are you doing ? I want to schedule this appointment on behalf on them as a surprise package for my girls during there vacation holiday,They all want to lose their weight and gain more strength before they will resume back to work.. Can you teach them this training session privately? and can you get back to me with the total estimate for 2 times in a week training 3(Female) Ladies for 5 weeks, And also want you to know that they will be coming along with their private van driver and i'll appreciate if you can secure this appointment for them for me. What is the terms of payment? ill awaiting to hear back from you and you can also get back to me with your cell phone number for better communication.