#261127 by egm Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:11 am
Hi to all!

Thanks to sites like this I didn't fall for the scam I'm about to present so I thought it would be good to share it with you.
Sometime late June I got a mail from this guy : [email protected], with the following data:
Mr:LI WE

TEL:+ 86 29 6886 1388
Cell phone:+86 18792902817
Post code:710000
Address:No.88 Nanguan Zhengjie Road Xi'An city Shannxi,China
http://www.hkhelsinn.com
Helsinn(Hong Kong) Industry CO., LIMITED

Who wanted 50 thousand items of a metal shaft delivered in 10 months time.
My first thought was, "what the......" isn't it supposed to be cheaper for them to make them there?
Then I started thinking that Maybe......Maybe this guy is for real. I contacted the company mentioned above, and I got a confirmation that, YES that guy works for us please continue.
For some time I actually bought it and started looking for companies that could bring this deal into life. HOWEVER, since I am suspicious by nature, I kept thinking, "too good to be real, something's not right here".
I won't bore you with details, it turned out today that their CEO, (yeah right), asked our CEO, (that would be me), to fly there and sign the official contract. To tell the truth I was about ti send them an angry reply, but the last second I remembered having read about a similar case where the potential victim, arranged everything and never went there, having them waiting!!!
I think I will do the same! Anyway, I thought it will help.

Update:
I just twisted the coin, said that because our financial dept, can't verify them, we would appreciate the amount of 1000 euro, by paypal. A company that big shouldn't have a problem with that. I would be really surprised IF the actually send the money hoping to get the big fish!!!!! Wish me luck!!! :laugh-s:
Advertisement

#261140 by coinpuppy Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:23 am
If you want to "bait" them (the official term) go use a brand new email address (just contact them like you had already been talking to them.....they do NOT keep track of things)
You do not want them to have your real contact info....even though they are far away...they can still try to harass you via email etc....better they have no real info
www.419eater.com has lots more info on baiting, and highlarious stories....
NEVER EVER tell them that you know its a scam...that educates them
Have fun and be safe
#261221 by egm Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:56 am
Just like I thought it would happen,

the guy claimed they can't afford any costs.
Anyway be aware of this company. It's a total "ghost".
#261590 by angelrose315 Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:07 am
We have been victims of the same Helsinn Industry CO., LIMITED. We saw your post just a few days prior to our scheduled flight to China ($2526 per ticket). I'm very thankful to have come across your post, it made us research it more and cancel the trip there, we spentabout 8K total on this "business deal", we're glad it wasn't more. My concern now is identity theft, they have copies of our passports and other sensitive info. I'm looking into how to prevent it if possible.
#376689 by Peter Bowyer Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:04 am
A slightly different slant on the usual Chinese scam, this time using a genuine company but pointing you to an address that is not that of the genuine company. (At least I believe the company being cloned to be genuine...)

The address being listed on the "contract"for the supply of my goods is that same one as being used here i.e.

88 Nanguan Zhengjie Road
Xi'An City
Shaanxi,
China

Putting this address into Google reveals a couple of scammers using this address. Beware.