Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#11379 by AlanJones Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:11 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: James Cage Family <[email protected]>
Reply-to: James Cage Family <[email protected]>
Subject: A GOOD AND CARING AUPAIR/NANNY IS NEEDED URGENTLY
IP Address: 196.3.183.73 Nigeria (Lagos)
Hello Aupair,

My name is Mr James Cage 41 Years Old & I am a parent blessed with 2 kids name Rose and Parker reside in London United Kingdom. We are an easy going fun family with a fairly hectic lifestyle! I work full time and the children have a full set of activities they enjoy.. I have two kids (Rose and Parker) I have a very loving family & will welcome the right candidate & make them feel very welcome in my house. I am seeking an Au Pair who is honest, reliable, kind & considerate. I would like some English to be spoken, but am happy to provide & pay for an English course for the successful applicant! I am looking for someone to join our family and help take some of the day to day pressure off me so that we can all enjoy the good things of family life. As a family we enjoy barbecue (weather permitting) , socializing, generally having fun, reading, computers, TV, my son love computer games and arts & crafts.Food is another great love of ours - given the time I enjoy cooking.
We are practicing Catholics but accept and respect others beliefs,Care for my son (3yrs) and daughter (5yrs) from 7 am - school at 8:00 a.m, Walk my kids to school and pick them up again at 3:15. care for my kids from 3:15- approx 6:30 including feeding them. We will like to pay you 600 pounds every month end for salaries and 100 pounds for your pocket fees every week end.Additionally take him to various places after school activities - ballet, tap, jujitsu, brownies etc. 2 eves a week babysitting (average) occasional overnight care of the children when I have to travel for work.
Care for the my son and daughter in school holidays. Light housework - mainly keeping the kitchen and living room clutter free ! If you feel you could be happy in our family please let me know. Please l like the suitable applicant to start by the first week of next month & preferably stay for between 6-12 months.i hope to hear from you soon.
I hope to read from you soon.

Here is my Email ID
[email protected]
Mr James Cage

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11424 by AlanJones Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:51 am
Here is the reply received from the scammer

Received from: James Cage <[email protected]>
Subject: Waiting to hear from you
How are you and? Fine i hope.Thank you very much for the Prompt
mail.well i will like to know if you have a visa or working permit to
work down here,if not i will be going to the Embassy to ask how to
process your traveling Visa/Working Permit and you will be needing at
least £600 Pounds for the documents to Be processed,but i will like
you to be honest with me and tell me how much you could come up with
and i will see if i could help you pay the rest.you will only work for
just 8am-6pm.You sounded very serious and hope the Processing goes as
fast as possible.Your duties will be taking the kids to school and
bringing them back home, play with them, go to museums, playground,
watching movies, prepare/serving their snacks and foods.And i hope
that is not too much for you to do for the Salary and i hope the
Salary is not too Small for you my Dear.We really need you here as
fast as possible. Just wanted you to know the job is already yours.
As for how long you can work for my family, well i think that depend
on how long you will like to work here with me but left for me, I do
not intend to see you off in the next 2-3 years cause I really would
need your services. I will attach my family pictures. I will be very
grateful if you respond better to me..... You have nothing to worry
about you will be treated like one of the family and you will have 5
days to work in a week and 2 days as your off day that is Saturdays
and Sundays. You will have the opportunity to do what ever you want to
for you own good on weekends...
I already discussed about you with the kids, they seem to like you
despite the fact that they are yet to see you. Well hope to hear from
you soonest.
Warm regards from,

Hope to hear from you very soon

James Cage Family Cares

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.