Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#11376 by AlanJones Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:58 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Mr. Adamson Nicolas <[email protected]>
Reply-to: "Mr. Adamson Nicolas" <[email protected]>
Subject: NICOLAS FAMILY NEEDED AN AUPAIR/NANNY FOR ONE AND ONNICOLAS FAMILY NEEDED AN AUPAIR/NANNY FOR ONE AND ONLY SON JENNY
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 Nigeria (Lagos)
Dear Au Pair/ Nanny,

I am Mr. Adamson Nicolas, from United Kingdom. I work with the United Kingdom Marine as the Chief Engineer and I don't usually stay home unless during weekends. My contact address is :

81, Moorgate
London EC2M 6SQ
United Kingdom.

and I will like you to know that I have Only one son her name is Jenny she"s just 1 year old. I want an Au Pair or nanny for Her because i want to stop taking to Day Care after her Mother divorced me for another Man

WORK DESCRIPTION:

Your services would be needed for at least 6months to 12months.
I need someone Honest,Caring,Trustworthy,Loving,Affectionate,Concerned,Understanding and Loves Children.
Do you have an International Passport for applying for a Visa to U.K?
Do you have a valid working visa to work in (U.K)?
A copy of your resume'/CV and a photo

YOUR PERSONAL DETAIL:

Your full name.
Your contact address.
Your phone number and fax number.
Your age.
Your country..
Your previous family name.
Your Previous family E-Mail Address.
Your identity card please very important.
Your pictures..

QUESTIONS FROM ME:

How many Years of experience do you have as an AU PAIR/Nanny?
Do you have a Driver's License?
How was the last family with like?
Have you ever traveled overseas?
Can u speak English?
Can u cook?
Can u Drive?

Your duties will be Playing with Jenny, go to museums, playground, watching movies, prepare/serving Jenny snacks and foods. You will have your Private Room which will have Bathroom, Toilet, Television, and Air-Conditional. You will have access to the Internet and a Telephone at home to get in touch with your family&friends and loved ones. You will be having Saturdays and Sundays as your off days, so to enable you have enough time for yourself. As for your salary, I will be paying you 1,500 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 200 pounds weekly which I suppose should be Okay by you and as regard to my family

picture, I have attached me and my lovely one and only son Jenny for you to see Okay...
I hope to read from you soon.

Warm regards,
Mr. Adamson Nicolas.
IN GOD WE TRUST.

[email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11465 by AlanJones Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:27 am
Here is the reply received from the scammer.

Received from: Mr. Adamson Nicolas <[email protected]>
Subject: GO AHEAD AND CONTACT THE TRAVEL AGENCY YOU ARE WELCOME TO MY FAMILY
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 NIGERIA
Good to hear from you,

Thanks for the quick response and am so sorry for the late reply. I want to know if you are ready to work with my family, kindly email me back and I would like to know if you have a valid UK visa and work permit to work here with me in the UK....If you don't have visa and work permit, I would advise you to email my agency to help you for the UK Visa and Work Permit, here is the link that you will contact them ([email protected]) If you contact them let them know you are from me and explain to them all you need for the traveling to UK and I want to tell you that I will help you pay for the half payment that the agent ask you to pay for the visa and work permit here just to tell you how urgent I need you here and to assure you on how serious I am about you coming here to work for my family as an Au Pair, the job is already yours.As for how long you can work for my family, well i think that depend on how long you will like to work here with me but left for me, I do not intend to see you off in the next 2-3 years because I really would need your services. I will be very grateful if you respond better to me..... You have nothing to worry about you will be treated like one of the family and you will have 5 days to work in a week and 2 days as your off day that is Saturdays and Sundays. Can I have your phone number....? Here is mine (+447031992659) Feel free to call me anytime Okay... Bye for now and I do hope to hear from you after you must have contacted and heard from the agency.You will have the opportunity to do what ever you want to for you own good on weekends.I already discussed about you with my lovely son, they seem to like you despite the fact that they are yet to see you. Well hope to hear from you soonest.
Warm regards from,
Mr. Adamson Nicolas.
IN GOD WE TRUST.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.