Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#11304 by AlanJones Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:02 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Gary Barry Family <[email protected]>
Reply-to: Gary Barry Family <[email protected]>
Subject: A GOOD AND CARING AUPAIR/NANNY IS NEEDED URGENTLY
IP Address: 196.3.183.73 Nigeria (Lagos)
Hello Aupair,

My name is Mr Gary Barry 41 Years Old & I am a parent blessed with 2 kids name Rose and Parker reside in London United Kingdom. We are an easy going fun family with a fairly hectic lifestyle! I work full time and the children have a full set of activities they enjoy.. I have two kids (Rose and Parker) I have a very loving family & will welcome the right candidate & make them feel very welcome in my house. I am seeking an Au Pair who is honest, reliable, kind & considerate. I would like some English to be spoken, but am happy to provide & pay for an English course for the successful applicant! I am looking for someone to join our family and help take some of the day to day pressure off me so that we can all enjoy the good things of family life. As a family we enjoy barbecue (weather permitting) , socializing, generally having fun, reading, computers, TV, my son love computer games and arts & crafts.Food is another great love of ours - given the time I enjoy cooking.
We are practicing Catholics but accept and respect others beliefs,Care for my son (3yrs) and daughter (5yrs) from 7 am - school at 8:00 a.m, Walk my kids to school and pick them up again at 3:15. care for my kids from 3:15- approx 6:30 including feeding them. We will like to pay you 600 pounds every month end for salaries and 100 pounds for your pocket fees every week end.Additionally take him to various places after school activities - ballet, tap, jujitsu, brownies etc. 2 eves a week babysitting (average) occasional overnight care of the children when I have to travel for work.
Care for the my son and daughter in school holidays. Light housework - mainly keeping the kitchen and living room clutter free ! If you feel you could be happy in our family please let me know. Please l like the suitable applicant to start by the first week of next month & preferably stay for between 6-12 months.i hope to hear from you soon.
I hope to read from you soon.

Here is my Email ID
[email protected]
Mr Gary Barry

Further investigation shows that the scammer is also sending out their initial emails using the email address [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11385 by AlanJones Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 am
Here is the reply received from the scammer.

Received from: Gary Barry <[email protected]>
Subject: Waiting to hear from you
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 Nigeria (Lagos)

Am glad and i appreciate your reply knowing you are willing and ready to be part of my family. I really need you to come over here to assist me take proper care of my family because am usually out and feel its bad leaving them alone at home at all time so I really would appreciate you come over here before August, but since you do not have visa, I will recommend my agency to you. [email protected] is their link, they assist my company process visas, work permit and documents to their foreign employers so If you contact them let them know you are from me and explain to them all you need for the traveling to UK and I want to tell you that I will help you pay for the half payment that the agent ask you to pay for the visa and work permit here just to tell you how urgent I need you here and to assure you on how serious I am about you coming here to work for my family as an Au pair, the job is already yours. You can call me on this number: +44-702-407-9363

As for how long you can work for my family, well i think that depend on how long you will like to work here with me but left for me, I do not intend to see you off in the next 2-3 years cause I really would need your services. I will attach my family pictures. I will be very grateful if you respond better to me..... You have nothing to worry about you will be treated like one of the family and you will have 5 days to work in a week and 2 days as your off day that is Saturdays and Sundays. You will have the opportunity to do what ever you want to for you own good on weekends...
I already discussed about you with the kids, they seem to like you despite the fact that they are yet to see you. Well hope to hear from you soonest.

Warm regards from,

Mr Gary Barry & Family

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.