Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#11127 by juliettatum Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 pm
There seems to be an abundance of these! Fairly typical check scam in which the prospective employee is sent a check and asked to sent a portion to a travel agent, although this one includes the twist of booking a hotel room for the family...presumably to help calm any suspicions.

[email protected]

Hello am Mr Franklin Parker, am an Engineer from Germany and presently am on vacation and and also me and my wife are celebrating out 10th years wedding anniversary and we are traveling around the world to have fun with our 2 kids (paul<13months old> and kelvin is <3years old> ) , currently we are in England and we are coming to the state and we will there for 10 weeks and we will need your service to take care of the kids for the period of 10weeks as i will want to take my wife out and have fun together without any disturbance.
Please i will want you to provide me with the details below if you are interested in the job and also I will want you to get make inquiry of my behalf for a good Hotel where we can stay for the period.
My client in the state will be handling the payment for your service and you will be getting paid before our arrival to assure you will are serious.

No greeting addrressing the nanny by name
Thanks I will get back to you on the payment of your compensation ,as i want you to get it before our arrival to secure you . Be on the lookout for the paycheck which will be $3200 and when you receive it , I will want you to cash it and deduct your pay and send the remaining to the traveling agent handling my family trip.

Thanks.
Advertisement