Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#11107 by AlanJones Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Ken Bruce <[email protected]>
Subject: We need you as our Aupair or Nanny
Hello ,
My name is Dr Ken Bruce and my wife's name is Mrs Simson Bruce. I'm a American but married to an English woman. We are a happily married couple blessed with two lovely and wonderful daughter kids, David and Hannah. David is 8 years old while Hannah is 7 years old.I am a medical Microbiologist and i work with the World Health Organisation(WHO) and have been working with them here in London for over 9 years now but I will be resuming my official duties in Asia by this july but will want my family to remain in London. My wife works in a bank in the city of London and by the nature of her work she spends more time at work. I do spend more time with the kids since my work allows me to do that. But by July 2009 I will not be in the UK any longer rather I will be posted to the World Health Organization(Asia region) where i will now be working. And as a result of this, our Children will need someone to take good care of them and their needs since their mother spends most of the time at work during weekdays and always only have weekends to give them good attention. We came across your profile on Great aupair and we were convinced that you possess the qualities capable of taking good care of our daughters in the absence of both us.
Your duties are always linked to childcare and light housework. This include taking the children to / from school; helping them get ready in the morning; amusing and supervising them until the parents come home; tidying the toys away; preparing their meals and clearing up after the mealtimes. You will have your Private Room which will have bathroom, toilet, television, air-Conditioner/heater. You will have access to the internet and a telephone at home should in case you want to get in touch with your family or friends . And very importantly,we have both decided to treat you as a family member and not as an employee. Your weekdays working hours will be 5 hours maximum per day. You will have Saturdays and Sundays as your off days since their mother does not go to work weekends and this should enable you have enough time for yourself and enrol for special programmes if you wish to. As for your salary, we intend to pay you 2,200 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 300 Pounds weekly so as to enable you engage yourself in any programmes that can add more values to your life while you stay with us.
I look forward to hearing from you and more so coming over to the UK and live as a member of our family as soon as possible.I, on behalf of my wife and my wonderful children wish you the best in your present endeavours over there in your country and we are also waiting to embrace you with the warmth, love and most importantly the peace that your heart always desires.
Ken and Simson Bruce
Best wishes

Home Address
129 Gloucester Road
South Kensington
London
SW7 4TH

The names have changed, but not much else - see here.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11108 by AlanJones Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:00 am
Reply received from the scammer
Thank you for your response I am glad to read from you . Below is a detailed mail about your duties and various issues that you may need clarification about.
Welcome as our new nanny
We have to work together with you to ensure that you are happy with the duties you are carrying out, and that you are comfortable using and enjoying the facilities our home provides. If ever you are in doubt, please ask! You will find that we are reasonably well organized and try to keep things tidy as we go.
Household Duties
Tidying Our kid's playroom and bedroom as required
Changing Our kid's bed sheets each Friday (more often if you notice this is required)
Assist in loading and emptying the dish washer as required “ we will show you the best way to load it, and which items should be hand washed
Empty the kitchen bin when you notice it is full, and replace the bin liner
In your free time, evenings, and weekends you are welcome to eat with us. If you will not be joining us, please let us know in order that we do not prepare and then waste additional food
Please observe the instructions we have given you regarding closing and locking doors and windows, and setting the alarm if you are leaving the premises. Please let us know if you are going out in order that we know to set the alarm if the house will be empty. We will let you know of our where abouts at all times We will do all of the laundry.
Telephone
You may telephone home twice a week for 10 minutes. Please use the access code we gave you and let us know when you wish to use the telephone. We will provide you with a SIM card for your mobile an amount of credit. Please keep this phone with you when you are out in case we need to get in touch with you urgently. The local shop provides top-ups when needed.

Pocket Money
We shall pay you 300 pounds per week pocket money in cash each Friday this is exclusive of your wage plan.
Free Time
During your free time we will expect that you are self sufficient, although you are very welcome to join us for meals and in the evenings. We hope that you will join us regularly.
We have provided you with some information about the local area, and are happy to help you find out more about anything you are interested in knowing. When we go out you are free to come with us, and we will try to make time at weekends so that we can all go out together as a family and allow you to experience some of our country. If you do join us on a trip out we will expect a little help with Our kids and will not expect you to ignore him just because you are not technically on duty. When you come with us you will be our guest and we will treat you to any meals or entry fees that are incurred as a part of our day together.
Conclusion
It is very important to us that you are happy during your stay here. We recommend that each Friday you sit down with us and discuss the coming week's events and timetable. This time will also allow for you to ask questions about anything with which you are unclear or unhappy, and we can also voice any concerns we may have and find a solution.
Here is the Agency that is Handling the travel affairs of my family for 8 years now, you can email them and tell them you are from my family also get back to me with what ever you get from them, cos they are reliable. Here is there Email, [email protected]
You can also attend special courses here in London which is close to my house ,here is there website, http://www.dmu.ac.uk
i hope to hear from you soon as you email the travel Agency for your Travel needs.
Attached are the Pics of my family for your Happy and pleasant View.
Regards
Ken Bruce

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11138 by AlanJones Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 am
Reply received from the 'travel agency'

Received from: Royal Travels <[email protected]>
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 Nigeria (Lagos)
Welcome to Royal Travel Limited
Dear Glamour

R.T.I Management wishes to thank you for contacting us regarding the arrangement of your traveling documents to the UK once again. We promise to Offer you the best which you will be Glad you did. It was Indicated in your E-mail that you have been told by your Host Family who asked you to contact us. We promise never to disappoint you as we have never disappointed your host family either. We would request that you provide us with the following and fill the attached form in this message so that the documentation will start immediately. We would get your Visa,work permit, flight ticket, medical insurance, tax clearance and other documents within 5 working days as soon as we receive these informations from you .

- Full Name

-Mailing Address

-Phone Number

-Nationality

-Passport Photo page

- Airport Name

-BHC {British High Commission} Address In your Location (If available)

-A Total of 1350 Pounds payable to our cash office via western union money transfer so as to enable us process the necessary Documents for the insurance for you to Travel down here to UK,Family visitors visa,work permit, Flight ticket,medical insurance and all other necessary documents as well....................... ....

All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which will be forwarded to the British High Commission for verification. Also, some Copies of this Document(s) will also be sent to you. We will like you to get back to us as soon as possible.

We will begin in earnest once we receive all necessary Details.

In anticipation of your response

Yours Faithfully,

Royal travel limited
Terms & Conditions|Website Terms & Conditions | RT Club Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Careers
595 Stockport Road, Manchester, Lancashire M13 0RX, United Kingdom
Email, [email protected]