Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#11064 by AlanJones Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:24 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Mrs.Margaret Hooke <[email protected]>
Reply-to: "Mrs.Margaret Hooke" <[email protected]>
Subject: A HONEST AND CARING AU PAIR/NANNY NEEDED
IP Address: 41.191.108.130 Nigeria
Hello Au pair/Nanny

Let me first introduce myself to you, I am Mrs. Margaret Hooke who is married to Mr.Hooke,we live together at 15 Church St London, N9, United Kingdom. My family is an easy going fun fair and catholic worshiper who respect other people religion and will not count that against any Au pair that will want to work for my family and lovely kids. I have 2 kids named Robbin and Kate, they are the apple of my eyes and i don't play with them at all, they are very intelligent and smart kids. I work full time and the children have a full set of activities they enjoy. I have a very loving family & will welcome the right candidate & make them feel very welcome in my house. I am seeking an Au Pair who is honest, reliable, kind & considerate. I would like some English to be spoken, but am happy to provide & pay for an English course for the successful applicant in my home! I am looking for someone to join our family and help take some of the day to day pressure off me so that we can all enjoy the good things of family life. As a family we enjoy barbecue (weather permitting),socializing, generally having fun, reading, computers, TV, the boy love computer games and my daughter arts & crafts. Food is another great love of ours - given the time I enjoy cooking.
I will want an Au pair that is ready to come over hear hopefully by first week of next month,She will be treated as part of my family and not just like an Au pair.You will be paid a sum of 625 Pounds on weekly bases, also you will be paid 150 Pounds per week as your pocket money and will be subjected to changes base on your performance.I will take care of Possibly health insurance and car insurance and you will travel with us on vacation with some free time off.Also I will want you play with the kids and teach them new things so as to widen their horizon,all necessary incentives like your personal car,accommodation,bathroom e.t.c will be taking care of by me. Other incentives will be added to your salary which will be disclose to you when you get to my family. What i need is a your honesty and love for my kids that is all.
In conclusion, this is to let you know that you are the one to shoulder for your Traveling expenses ranging from your Visa,working permit and i will be the one to shoulder for your flight fee just the same way i did for my previous au pair.If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask me,
I will be looking forward to hearing from you soonest.

Warm Regards,
[email protected]
Mrs.Margaret Hooke

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11095 by AlanJones Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 am
Reply received from scammer

Received from: magaret hooke <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Hope to read from soon
Hello Consuala,

Thank you for swift email, How is your country and family? hope every one is great. I will be the one to pay for your flight ticket, the kids age are 2,4years.You will be working for 4hours and also the weekends are excluded form your working days .The kids meal wont be any problem because i have some one taking care of that already, I have a very big house and you will have access to the internet,you will have your own bathroom,toilet,TV and Dvd. you can have all the rooms to yourself,lol. I will make sure I put you in the best education here in London. Oh the weather is splendid. You may work here as long as you like saying from 6-12months .your responsibilities is just for your to take care of the kids and to take care of the pets, washing and laundry and also taking the kids to their schools and taking back from the schools and also taking for shopping too because they like going for shopping.

I have some questions for you stated below:

1 I want you to tell me how you are going to take good care of my kids
2 Do you have any experience at all of taking care of kids
3 How good are you in English language
4 Do you know the rule of an Au Pair/Nanny in the home
5 Are you tolerant and self confident.

Please i will like you to answer this questions stated above in good
condition.

Do you have a valid Visa or working permit to come over here? you can contact the traveling agency to help you process your Visa,working permit and all necessary documents for you to come over. Below isthe contact information you need to contact the Traveling Agency.
Here is my number +447024017973, cant wait to see you here, can you send
some of your pics.

E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +447045767044
Contact Person:Harry Johnson

Please get back to me with what ever the agency says concerning the processing of your documents

Regards,
Mrs.Mary George

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11139 by AlanJones Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:29 am
Reply received from the 'travel agency'

Received from: trailfinders agencyuk <[email protected]>
Subject: ****REQUIREMENT FOR UK VISA AND WORK PERMIT****
IP Address: 41.191.108.130 Nigeria
TFI Travels Management wishes to thank you for contacting us regarding the arrangement of your Traveling Documents to the United Kingdom. Including your UK Work Permit and Tax-Clearance and all other requirement for your travel to the United-Kingdom, it would cost £ 650.00 to process your Visa and Working Permit. For your Flight Ticket your host family will be responsible for your flight fees. but you are the one to pay for the courier fees,the couriers fee is 310pounds. We shall have it processed and send it to you via Courier service to your home contact address when we receive your Visa and all other related backing documents.
We need some more details from you to proceed with the Working permit and the Tax clearance.
Thanks for your co-operation.

(VISA PROCESS)

Name:-
Address:-
Passport No:-
Phone Number:-
Nationality:-
A scan or photocopy of your scan passport page

Type of visa chargeValidityTerm of issueConsular fee
Single entry18 month3 days
£ 650.00

Single entry36months5 days
£ 950.00

Single entry18 months72days£ 1,200.00

Email us as soon as possible and let us know if you can provide us the following details,and a Scanned copy of your International Passport. Correspondent should contact us for immediate payment and Ticket booking .You can make payment to us by western union money transfer. Please advice us immediately to avoid any delay in permitting/processing your Visa & ticket for your traveling , Contact us for more inquiries and payment information .Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment we will proceed with your application and will send to you, your Travel documents.

PAYMENT METHOD THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER:

Our Payment Method is strictly via Western Union Money Transfer.

So, here is our cashier's details to which payment will be sent to via Western Union Money Transfer.

Name: Harry Johnson
Address: 5 District Center,
South end-on-Sea,
Essex,
SS38UE.
United Kingdom.

So Kindly get back to us with details like:

Money Transfer Control Number 10 Digit Number (M.T.C.N)........?
Sender's Name and Address..........?
Amount Sent....................?

In anticipation of your response

Many Thanks.

Trail Finders International

Copyright © 2009. Trail Finders International Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Terms & Conditions|Website Terms & Conditions | Trail Finders International Travel Club Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Careers
5 District Center, South end-on-Sea, Essex, SS38UE.
United Kingdom