Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#10973 by AlanJones Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Gary Gregory <[email protected]>
Reply-to: [email protected]
Subject: A GOOD AND CARING AUPAIR/NANNY IS NEEDED URGENTLY
IP Address: 196.3.183.73 Nigeria (Lagos)
Hello Aupair,

Greeting to you, This is Gary Gregory and i got your data's from the greatnannines site and i was hoping you could come and work for us in taking care of our two lovely kids, Peter and Maria.

I hope to hear from you, thats if you are interested.

my Regards to your family and my the good lord be with you.

Gary Gregory's family

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11009 by AlanJones Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:35 am
Reply received from the scammer

Received from: Gary Gregory <[email protected]>
IP Address: 196.3.183.73 Nigeria (Lagos)
Hello Consuala,

It was nice to get a fast response from you, regarding to what i have read about you, i will be happy to have you here as a nanny and hope you are fully ready to take up the task to take care of my kids, just to give you a heads up, i am a Christian and i love my kids so much and i expect the best from you when you are over here and that is why i have contacted you, if you don't mind, i will like you to send me pictures of you and also will like to ask some questions from you like , when you will like to come? how long you will like to come work for my family? where exactly you stay? what you do? and what i will be expecting from you when you are here.

To tell you what i expect from you, all i require from you is to take perfect care of my kids and i know you will be blessed by God as you do so, i once had a nanny and i had to send her of because she was not taking care of my kids like i expected.

I will be paying good salary, and hope to get a god work from you, you are not required to do any house or chores as i have cleaners and also cook, they are both nice people and am sure you will have no problem working with them.

Thee will be a room for you and it has everything required for your comfort and privacy, including a computer that is connected to the Internet and also telephone which i will be taking care of the bills, i will also be taking care of your taxation and all necessary important.

I need to know if you have a UK visa and permit to come over her and if not i think it will be best for you to contact the Travel Agency on their email address, and here is it [email protected] , you can let me know what they have to say and the process and what is being needed to do.

I will require your trust to have you here and you know this and i am hoping i could get that, it was told that there are lots of dubious act going on the internet now and i am telling you that you have nothing to worry about and that you will be working for the right family, you will be working few hours a day and free on weekends to go where ever you like, visit friends or go have fun, and with my kids if you like, i have a car for you and that's if you can drive.

I work very late and also as the mother of my kids and am sure you understand that, so you will be in charge of going out with the kids and taking them to the day care centre and also playing with that because my kids loves to play, i will talk to them about you and hope to show them your pictures after you send them to me.

For me not to talk much, get back to me and let me know what you have decided.

May the good Lord be with you.

Gary Gregory's family

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11066 by AlanJones Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:39 am
Reply received from 'travel agency'

Received from: TRAVEL AGENCY <[email protected]>
Attention: Consuala,

Global Travel Management wishes to thank you for the Email, To have us complete your documents including your UK Work Permit and Tax-Clearance and all other requirement documents for your travel to the United-Kingdom. We shall have it processed and send it to you via Courier Delivery Service to U.k Embassy in your country. They will contact you immediately for a brief interview.

We require this details from you , regarding the process of your travelling document.The details needed are as follows:

-FULL NAME :

-FULL ADDRESS:

-TELEPHONE NUMBER:

-PASSPORT PHOTO PAGE:

-YEARS OF VISA AND WORK PERMIT:

TYPE OF VISA CHARGE
VALIDITYTERMS OF ISSUE
CONSULAR FEES

Single Entry6 Month3 days £800.00

Single Entry12 Month5 day £1,500.00

Single Entry24 Months7 day £2,000.00

All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which will be forwarded to the British Embassy along with your Flight Ticket. Also, some Copies of this Document(s) will be sent to you.

We will begin in earnest once we receive all necessary Details.

You are required to make payment to us by Western Union Money Transfer so as to speed up the process of delivery . Contact the nearest Western Union Location and make payment to the C.E.O Information below:

Name of Receiver: John Maxwell

Address of Receiver: 48 Cambridge Rd London W11 3HL,United Kingdom.

We will require the Receipt of payment after payment has been transferred, modalities to process your travelling document will commence immediately.We want you to note that processing of your travelling document will only take 3-7 Days for it to be ready and the delivery of it will take just one day(Express Delivery).
Once again, Congratulations and please do comply in due time to enable us expedite action.

Thanking you for your anticipated co-operation as we hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Thanks for your Co-operation.
Mr Burke Frank
P.R.O. GLOBAL TRAVEL AGENCY

Mr John Maxwel
C.E.O.GLOBAL TRAVEL AGENCY

#11098 by AlanJones Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:42 am
And here are details of the scammer's associate in the UK.
We will agree to the Website, making payment by Western Union is not that save anymore and we will be changing our procedure soon, here is the Accountant Account details where you are to make the payment too.

Bank Name: HSBC
Account name; O. ADE
Account no; 114644xx
sort code; 40 02 25

BANK ADDRESS: 90 Deptford High Street. London. SE8 4RQ

We will be waiting for the details requested in processing of documents and also payment, as soon as payment has been received we will begin with the Processing of your Visa, Work Permit and other backing documents.

After payment kindly scan the Receipt of payment to us for confirmation.

Thanking you for your anticipated co-operation as we hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Thanks for your Co-operation.
Mr Burke Frank
P.R.O. GLOBAL TRAVEL AGENCY

Mr John Maxwel
C.E.O.GLOBAL TRAVEL AGENCY

O Ade is a name that has been provided by other scammers when asked for bank accounts.