Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#10877 by AlanJones Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:35 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Richard Thomas <[email protected]>
Reply-to: Richard Thomas <[email protected]>
Subject: Aupair Job Offer
IP Address: 41.191.108.130 Nigeria
Hello there,
We would like someone who is able to take care of our only CHILD ( Susan, Age 3yrs) with light housekeeping duties such as cooking, cleaning, running errands and a small amount of pet care. My name is Dr Richard Thomas my wifes name is Kathy Thomas, we are a working couple who are in need of some daily household help. scheduling is extremely flexable. The home is on the edge of the country yet about 20 mins from Central London (150 Sussex Gardens, London, United Kingdom) and walking distance to a language school.The house is modern with good facilities. My girl is at school and require taking and picking up. (The school is 5-10 mins walk from the house so there is no need to drive. But, you will have your own private car to drive at your free time.) I'mProfessional Doctor and also a University Professor. The mother lives some distance away and is involved in the care of the kids during weekend when she always free. If you are looking for a stable & comfortable country setting this position might fit your needs. please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. My child is unique and special on her own way and she likes to play on her bike too, as well as colour, & is very affectionate.
I will be paying you 1400 pounds for every Month end and a pocket money of 300 pounds per week for the buying of somethings for yourself and i will also be responsible for part or some of the funds for your traveling documents. Please ld like the suitable applicant to start by the first week of July or before the ending, & preferrably stay for between 6-12 months. Thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you soon.
Here is my contact e-mail add. [email protected] . Tel +447024046562.
Regards.
Dr Richard Thomas.

Notice
  • The different reply to address to the one sending the email
  • the use of a +4470 redirect phone number
  • The high salary for an au pair
  • The poor grammar
  • The highlighted portion of the text - the address is in the centre of London not in a country setting
All indicative of a Nigerian scammer who has never been to the UK.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#10881 by AlanJones Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:10 am
Here is the reply received from the scammer
Good day Consuala,

Thanks for the mail,am very happy to hear from you, On the lighter side we are a fun, outgoing, active family who enjoys sports, outings, the beach, shopping and family life. We are looking for someone who can enjoy and love our only child at the moment as we do and make sure she is safe and cared for well. We also are looing forward to experiance a different culture. And i believe you can take good care of my Child for me and i will also want you to know that this job is yours, and am ready to put you in an English course here in UK to study English if you don't mind or any other courses of your choice. I will also want you to get back to me with your CV reference and your picture as i will be sending you my family picture later in the day cause i don't have them with me now.

The duties I'm looking for are as follows:
1-Supervise breakfast with the child in the morning and get them off to school (Collect my KID from school at 3....40pm.)
2-Some Housework/washing/ironing as required on a daily basis.
3-Supervise homework, music practice and fun activities or take child to after school activities.
4-Prepare and cook an evening meal for everyone at about 6.30-6.45 Up to two evenings childminding per week.
5-Weekends and Bank holidays would be free that there will not be much duties to carry out...
6-Occasional weekend work would be offered by prior negotiation..

I normally leave for work at 7.00am and get back at around 6..30pm
although some flexibility is useful.

I am offering a live in position with full board (we eat well in this house!)
1-Separate Toilet and Bathroom.
2-TV,different type of video machines....
3-Personnal compuer already Internet on. e.t.c for you and i will make sure everything goes on well with you with my kid.

So i would like to use this opportunity to ask maybe you have a valid UK visa and working permit? if you dont have i will be directing you to one of the UK travel agency here in uk to assist you with the visa and working permit and they we inform you what ever you need to do so here is their email address below ([email protected]) and you get back to me with whatever they might have told you on the procedure of your visa documents and am ready to pay half of the money for the visa and working permit,Thanks and i look forward to hear from you soonest..

Best of Regards,
Tel: +447024046562.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10909 by AlanJones Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:08 am
Reply received from the 'travel agency'

Received from: AEROLINX WORLD TRAVEL SOLUTION <[email protected]>
Subject: *** UK WORKING PERMIT AND VISA PROCESSING ***
IP Address: 148.233.239.23 Mexico (Querétaro)
Dear Consuala,

Thanks for the Email,your informations are acknowledge and recorded.....
To have your complete documents including your UK Visa, work permit and Tax-clearance and all other requirement for your travel to the United-Kingdom,it would cost £500.00 POUNDS to process your Visa and documents here in the UK British Consulate.We shall have it processed and send it to you via Fedex Courier Service to your home contact address..Your Working Visa will be ready with 10 days after payment confirmation.

We need some more details from you to proceed with the Working permit and the Tax clearance,Here are the details needed :

FULL NAME ,

COUNTRY ,

NATIONALITY ,

WITH YOUR SCANNED PASSPORT PHOTOPAGE,

PHONE NUMBER,

POSTAL ADDRESS,

STATE & ZIP CODE ,

DATE YOU WANT TO FLY TO LONDON................

Type of visachargeValidityTerm of issueConsular fee
Single entry12 month3 days£500.00

Single entry14 months5 days£750.00

Single entry18 months7 days£1000.00

We will also like to know if you are eligible to work and live in the United Kingdom , You are eligible if you are okay with the following reason ,

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DEPORTED FROM THE UK BY THE UK GOVERNMENT ,
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CAUGHT FOR A CRIMINAL PURPOSE IN YOUR COUNTRY ...

Email us as soon as possible and let us know if you can provide us the following details,and a Scanned copy of your International Passport..............

Correspondant should contact us for immediate payment and Ticket booking ..You can make payment to us by western union money transfer..

Please advice us immediately to avoid any delay in permiting/processing your Visa & ticket for your traveling , Contact us for more enquiries and payment information .Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment we will proceed with your application and will send to you, your Travel documents.

Thanks for your co-operation.
Mr Burrows Knight
P.R.O. AEROLINX WORLD TRAVEL
Mr V. George ..
C.E.O.. AEROLINX WORLD TRAVEL

Yours Faithfully,

Aerolinx World Travel

Copyright 2008 Aerolinx World Travel, INC. All Rights Reserved.
Terms & Conditions|Aerolinx World & Conditions | AWT Travel Club Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Careers
269 Portobello Road Holland Park London, W11 1LR United Kingdom
Contact Phone Numbers,+447024034574
Contact mail Address: [email protected]

#10950 by AlanJones Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:51 am
Details of the scammer's associate in the UK.
We are glad to send you this e-mail from our organization, we want you to know that you can find below our Accounting Department account details where you can make the transfer into:

Account Details

Account Name:.... O. ADE
Account Number:...... 112446xx
Sort Code:.... 60-24-26
Bank Name:.... Natwest
Bank address:.... 1-7 POWIS STREET, WOOLWICH, LONDON, SE18 6LE, UK.

So, we want you to know that once you've send with the payment you send all the payment information from you bank to receive it, so that we can start with the processing of your visa documents immediately for you without any delay. We hope this is clear to you. Thanks for your understanding and co-operation with us.

Thanks for your co-operation.
Mr Burrows Knight
P.R.O. AEROLINX WORLD TRAVEL
Mr V. George ..
C.E.O.. AEROLINX WORLD TRAVEL

Yours Faithfully,

Aerolinx World Travel

#11307 by AlanJones Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:57 am
Here is a reply you are likely to get if you ask the scammer to pay the fees.
Thanks for the mail,am happy to hear from you,i can understand all you have said, and i will want you to understand am trying to be considerate with you and that is the reason why am shouldering half of the payment for your processing fees for you. But i would have love to pay help with all your visa documents processing but i want you to understand i have really tried my best for you by paying half of it for you cause i shouldn't have be doing this again because i have had a bad experience before from an aupair from taiwan that i paid for all her visa processing fees through this agency and she got all necessary visa documents to come over to my place but unfortunately for me she did not arrive to my place to start the job,so that is the reason. But due to the trust and honest i have for you that is the more reason i have assisted by paying the half of the payment now to show my commitment and assurring you that the job is already yours,so you have also to show your impact and commitment by paying the rest half too for your visa documents,ok. i hope this is clear to you.